News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Stuff I've Been Working On: Base Skins 2/26/15

Started by hoss20, June 14, 2012, 03:11:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoss20

So, here are a couple of skopes/skins that I did for Benton a little while back:

First, a Moloid for all of your Mole Man/Fantastic Four battles.

Then, I did a requested Shatterax for the Kree Starforce:

While in the Starforce mood, I tackled Supremor.

I also updated a few oldies; one skope whose coat I switched out and new keyframes added by Detourne_me (who also added TJ Toad's tongue):

I also redid some skins I had done ages ago: Vector and Zzzax

I felt like taking a crack at this heavy hitter: Attuma complete with trident sword.

And, finally, a little something I did for my good buddy, Laughing Paradox, who wanted to skin something: Rachel Summers as Phoenix

Podmark

Wow that's some really cool stuff. I especially like the Rachel Summers. And Attuma looks pretty cool as well.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Cyber Burn

Man!!! I feel so unworthy right now.  :thumbup:

spydermann93

detourne_me

AWESOME!!!!!
I Love that Rachael, an Supremor? Cool!

laughing paradox

Woooo!

It's great seeing all this fantastic work all in one post. While I'm obviously bias towards the Rachel Summers ;), I love the Zzzax and Attuma. The Supremor skope is siiiick!

hoss20

Thanks a lot everyone. It's nice to know that there's a little something for everybody here. That Rachel Summers skin is just a placeholder until I can find someone with real talent to skin her.  :lol:

detourne_me

Are you kidding me?? That skin's incredible! Her cheekbones look amazing.. really reminds me of the JR jr. issues from the 80s

spydermann93

Quote from: hoss20 on June 14, 2012, 08:35:15 PM
Thanks a lot everyone. It's nice to know that there's a little something for everybody here. That Rachel Summers skin is just a placeholder until I can find someone with real talent to skin her.  :lol:

Man, Rachel is one of the best ones up there! The skin looks fantastic!

hoss20

Well, I was kidding, you guys. It was a little jest with Laughing Paradox, who did the skin. I think the skin rocks, as well. His skins always make my skopes look better.

John Jr.

Impressive work, the Supremor is awesome!

martialstorm

Excellent work Hoss, my faves were the Lizard and Rachael but also appreciated the Moloid, Supremor and the others.

Well done!

Cyber Burn

I think that Rachel is the standout for me. Great skin, and all those spikes must have been a pain to skope on. Major kudos to both Hoss and LP.

hoss20

Quote... and all those spikes must have been a pain to skope on.

Ha ha, thanks for noticing that, Cyber. The arm spikes, I was able to grab from Gren's Titania and just scaled them down a touch. All of the rest were individually placed, using just one scaled down thorn from Gren's Thornn mesh. Fortunately, since the spikes are relatively close together, once one was in place, it wasn't too bad to move the next one into place. I am really happy with it and feel extremely fortunate that it's met with such positive response here. I also echo everyone's comments on the skin. I really think it's fantastic. Seeing how everything turned out, I'm glad that I filled LP's request to make the skope. Of course, now he's going to make a list a mile long of stuff for me to make.  :banghead:

Vertex

ROFL that reminds me how YEARS ago I had a mesh just like that made... but never released because I couldn't come up with a good phoenix to appear behind her during power effects... wish I still had that mesh  :(  both the skin and mesh look great  :thumbup:
A wise man knows, he knows nothing
I must be the wisest man on Earth,
cause I don't know squat

laughing paradox

Quote from: hoss20
I'm glad that I filled LP's request to make the skope. Of course, now he's going to make a list a mile long of stuff for me to make.  :banghead:

I wasn't before, but I am NOW!  :subterrainian

hoss20

All my new stuff (and some old) is now located at Force of Paradox

I've also updated a couple of things along with the wolf of my Fenris Wolf 2 pack. There's also a Vision skope that I swear on a stack of bibles I did completely independently of Detourne_me. It looks like we both may have used (at least I did, anyway) Ren's Martian Manhunter to give him some phasing effects. They look nearly identical. I think we may have used different capes. I guess great minds think alike.  :thumbup:

Anyway, enjoy everything, gang. There's more to come and be sure to check out Murs' recently created unreleased stuff and all of LP's new and updated skins.

There's also a new creation by LP and me somewhere on the site.  ;)

detourne_me

Amazing Stuff!!   I can't believe I found the bonus page too!!

hoss20

Thanks, DM! I'm glad you found the bonus page. It looks like you're the first official member to have found it. I'll have to check with LP if there's a no-prize or something for doing that.  :thumbup:

Cyber Burn

Bonus page???

Found it!

laughing paradox

Quote from: hoss20 on June 19, 2012, 05:00:41 PM
Thanks, DM! I'm glad you found the bonus page. It looks like you're the first offical member to have found it. I'll have to check with LP if there's a no-prize or something for doing that.  :thumbup:

You win ... uh .. a block of cheese? I don't know, I didn't think that far ahead. :)

XPTO

hoss20 really great work on all of these, thank you!  ;)

hoss20

You're very welcome, XPTO. It's the least I could do to return the favor for your Captain Atlas and Ultimus skopes. This way, along with Gren's new stuff, you could complete your Starforce collection, if you hadn't done so already.  :D

XPTO

Oh thanks.. you remember those? haha, well they are kind of obsolete now with Gren meshes, and LP did an awesome Dr. Minerva too, i don´t have much time but we´ll see, i have about 50 unfinished skins haha i am so lazy  :P.

Scorpion13mk2

hoss20

Hey, thanks Scorpion. Nice to hear from you. I haven't seen you around in a while.

Amazo Version 2.2

is attuma's sword newly made or is it from a previously existing mesh? it looks great. Phoenix looks great as a hound. great skions and skopes.
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

hoss20

Thanks for noticing the sword. I thought it turned out pretty well, but started to think that maybe I was overestimating its appearance on the skope. The actual sword is from male_gni_versatile. It is a collection of pieces of Gni's meshes compiled by Ewzzy. I'm glad I stumbled upon it. It's another great resource for us skopers. The trident portion was taken from Lord Ehmsidy's Crymsin mesh. I just had to prune the triangles from the spear part to just leave the trident. It worked out great that just the "wings" could be left and the center part was open to fit (almost) perfectly onto the sword. I always thought that Attuma's sword was nasty looking, so I really wanted to include it on a skope for him.

All credit to Laughing Paradox for the skins for Phoenix. We have some more stuff in the works that I'm pretty excited about.

Amazo Version 2.2

youre work more than paid off, the quality of the sword is fantastic.
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

BentonGrey

Ohh wow Hoss, what great work man!  You know how much I loved that Moloid skope/skin you did for me.  They look so awesome now, and you did some really impressive work skoping their keyframes and everything.  The rest of these are really impressive as well though.  You've improved a lot man.  All of these skins just look so clean and smooth.  Great work!  I especially like that Supremor....I'm going to need that guy.  That Zzzax is especially impressive, though.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/