News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Bigger squads?

Started by darabka, June 26, 2012, 05:43:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darabka

I wanted to ask if it is somehow possible to extend the squad size for the danger room? The enemy squad can be 24 and the heroes 4. It would be cool to extend the hero squad to 7 or more. I like doing big scale weapons, so I understand if it isnt possible because of possiple lag, but Im still curious.

DrMike2000

The game doesn't support having more than 4 portraits, and 4 controllable characters.

But there is something I put together ages ago for FFvTTR which I think was called FFX Epic Mode. M25's AI system let you tag some of the NPCs as allies, and they'd fight alongside you. I then added commands so any controllable hero could swap with these guys to become AI controlled themselves and let you take over the ally. So you could have say a team of 10, 4 of whom were controllable at any time.

I've no idea if its in the current versions of FFX. But yep, checking my site:

www.fundamentzero.com, look under FFvTTR: FFX2 3.0, theres stuff in the mnaual about M25 FFX Epic Skirmish Mode there.

Hope that helps
Stranger Than Fiction:
The Strangers, Tales of the Navigator and Freedom Force X
www.fundamentzero.com

darabka

Thanks Doctor Mike for the quick response. If it doesnt work with  :ff: Ill need to start modding  :ffvstr: more.

darabka

I think I have installed FFX mod for the first Freedom Force (BTW I thank you for this great update, Im sure it was incredibly difficult to make, and it ads so many needed powers and features to the game). I got it from this site http://ffx.freedomforceforever.com/manual.htm does the  :ff: feature this epic feature like the  :ffvstr: version?

DrMike2000

I dont think it did.
If I remember correctly, FFvTTR made it much easier to switch a character between AI control and player control - doing this on the original FF via script was pretty much impossible.

Glad you enjoyed FFX by the way. I had a blast making it :)
Stranger Than Fiction:
The Strangers, Tales of the Navigator and Freedom Force X
www.fundamentzero.com