Avengers VS Justice League, who would win?

Started by darabka, July 08, 2012, 08:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darabka

I started a video series on youtube where I pit fictional characters against each other to see who would win. I use two games to simulate that, Freedom Force (a cool Superhero themed RTT/RPG PC game ) and M.U.G.E.N. (a 2d Fighting game engine).

In this fight Avengers face of against the Justice League. Vote first before you watch the vid. the Team roster is under the video

Watch the fight here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=at4LA-jlBUI&list=UUw0UcXZibwKlrllH6wFZ4oA&index=1&feature=plcp

Avengers:
-Captain America
-Iron Man
-Thor
-Hulk

JLA:
-Superman
-Batman
-Wonder Woman
-Green Lantern

spydermann93

Awesome video, mate! It's nice to see the good ol' :ff: game in action :D

But, I don't know if you saw this, but there is a really neat showdown narration at Alex's Freedom Fortress: http://alexff.com/jla-avengers.php

But yeah, the video was really nice. Have you thought about using RPG values for your hero files for more "accurate" (I guess you could say) battles? Also, I highly recommend setting both teams to be controlled by the AI so that human intervention is not a factor.

I can send you some of mine to show you what I've done. I'm making sure to represent each hero as accurately as possible. Is it balanced for gameplay? Well, it depends on what you mean by "balanced." I mean, although Batman is an incredibly skilled fighter, if he were to face the Hulk in hand-to-hand combat, despite being able to evade the Hulk for quite some time, he'd eventually lose. Iron Man, although possessing excellent armor and many weapons, cannot defeat Superman if he doesn't possess Kryptonite. I'm trying to make each and every hero and villain as accurate as possible, going so far as to make custom attributes for each of them. It's a long process, but so far, I'm extremely happy with it.

darabka

Thanks Spyderman, Id love to check them out and compare. Yes I have used different RPG values and have used facts from the different sources and comics.

Also I have used AI for both teams, using the freedom fortress watch mode from alexes website. I have run the battle around 30+ time and 80 porcent times the Avengers won. Its mainly because of Powerhouses Hulk and Thor. I personally thought JLA would win, to be fair when its the big seven (Supes, Bats, WW, GL, Jonn Jonnz, Flash, Hawkman) the JLA is able to win, but incredibly even then Avengers won, because of Hulk. I wish I could add more to the team (like 7 VS 7) but FF doesnt allow it, and FFedit doesnt work for me, so I cant attempt to make a custom mission.

Alex did a very indepth comparison and argument based battle. This has been done multiple times. I wanted to do something different, I wanted to simulate the battle. I use AI and dont interfere with the battle, other then stopping and moving the camera around for recording purposes, which doesnt interfere with the battle. If I would have played the game on either side, Batman and Cap would have survived longer and used ranged attacks mostly, and hulk or supes would be throwing cars left and right.

My characters arent balanced I go also for accurate. Im not claiming these character stats are perfect, but they do represent accuratley the heroes different abilities. Superman invulnrebility is allready very high and he lasted the longest. Its hard to simulate the KRyptonite effect, but I think there is a weakness/ power combo in ffx like that.

spydermann93

Quote from: darabka on July 10, 2012, 12:22:28 PM
Thanks Spyderman, Id love to check them out and compare. Yes I have used different RPG values and have used facts from the different sources and comics.

Ok, cool. I'll be sure to send you some of the files when I get them all packed-up and what not. Oh, these hero files are for :ffvstr:, not :ff: I hope that doesn't ruin anything.

Quote from: darabka on July 10, 2012, 12:22:28 PMAlso I have used AI for both teams, using the freedom fortress watch mode from alexes website. I have run the battle around 30+ time and 80 porcent times the Avengers won. Its mainly because of Powerhouses Hulk and Thor. I personally thought JLA would win, to be fair when its the big seven (Supes, Bats, WW, GL, Jonn Jonnz, Flash, Hawkman) the JLA is able to win, but incredibly even then Avengers won, because of Hulk. I wish I could add more to the team (like 7 VS 7) but FF doesnt allow it, and FFedit doesnt work for me, so I cant attempt to make a custom mission.

In FFX3.2 for :ffvstr:, there is a mode that allows for up to 11 heroes/minions/villains on one team. I've done an X-men vs JLA and let's just say that the X-Men didn't last as long as I had thought :P (Colossus lasted the longest, for obvious reasons). Also, in FFX3.2, you can customize the Hero files' AI so that they act more intelligently (throw things, use heroics, etc.). I'm not sure if you can do this in FFX for :ff:, though.

Quote from: darabka on July 10, 2012, 12:22:28 PMAlex did a very indepth comparison and argument based battle. This has been done multiple times. I wanted to do something different, I wanted to simulate the battle. I use AI and dont interfere with the battle, other then stopping and moving the camera around for recording purposes, which doesnt interfere with the battle. If I would have played the game on either side, Batman and Cap would have survived longer and used ranged attacks mostly, and hulk or supes would be throwing cars left and right.

That's understandable. I really did like watching the battle, though. It was rather funny to see Superman be thrown off-screen by a Hulk-Thor combo :P

Quote from: darabka on July 10, 2012, 12:22:28 PMMy characters arent balanced I go also for accurate. Im not claiming these character stats are perfect, but they do represent accuratley the heroes different abilities. Superman invulnrebility is allready very high and he lasted the longest. Its hard to simulate the KRyptonite effect, but I think there is a weakness/ power combo in ffx like that.

Yeah, those "special" type attacks are kind of difficult to create. In FFX3.2 for :ffvstr:, there's an ability called "Toxic" that I use to simulate Kryptonite. It slows the hero with "Vulnerability" down, weakens their attacks, power nulls them, damages them for 1hp per second, prevents them from flying, and removes all invulnerability. Works pretty well, but I can't seem to find an effective way to make an attack use that ability (i.e. a Kryptonite beam).

darabka

Cool man, I havent really modded  :ffvstr: yet Im focusing right now on  :ff: .

But these possebilities are interesting. I might need to start modding  :ffvstr: havent since Ive played through the single player campaign. Im anyway stuck in the JLA mod at mission 5 (i got a glitch on that level that corrupts the save if I save, so I have to finish it in one go >:( )

spydermann93

Quote from: darabka on July 10, 2012, 07:15:50 PM

I highly recommend getting FFX3.2 (or FFX3.3?) for :ffvstr:. It just adds so much to the game and there a lot that you can do.

Quote from: darabka on July 10, 2012, 07:15:50 PMIm anyway stuck in the JLA mod at mission 5 (i got a glitch on that level that corrupts the save if I save, so I have to finish it in one go >:( )

Yeah, it seems to be an issue with some mods that when you load a save game, none of the scripts work.

detourne_me

Just chipping in here with a way to get a kryptonite attack for fighting superman.
In FFX3.2 using Limey lure can be swapped as a grenade for a number of different things.

I usually give my lex luthor a "kryptonite throw" I give him a projectile with Limey lure.
Then in Ffx control centre I change Limey lure to grenade and in that box I write alienmineral ... Or whatever the Ffx template is.
I also changed the .nif for alien mineral, from the Jewelry store diamond into one of renegade's kryptonite fx.

spydermann93

Quote from: detourne_me on July 11, 2012, 05:43:38 PM
Just chipping in here with a way to get a kryptonite attack for fighting superman.
In FFX3.2 using Limey lure can be swapped as a grenade for a number of different things.

I usually give my lex luthor a "kryptonite throw" I give him a projectile with Limey lure.
Then in Ffx control centre I change Limey lure to grenade and in that box I write alienmineral ... Or whatever the Ffx template is.
I also changed the .nif for alien mineral, from the Jewelry store diamond into one of renegade's kryptonite fx.

huh, never thought of that!

Thanks for the advice :D

Btw, do you happen to know if Ren's kryptonite fx is hosted in one of the yahoo groups?

darabka

Quote from: spydermann93 on July 10, 2012, 09:37:59 PM
Quote from: darabka on July 10, 2012, 07:15:50 PM

I highly recommend getting FFX3.2 (or FFX3.3?) for :ffvstr:. It just adds so much to the game and there a lot that you can do.

Quote from: darabka on July 10, 2012, 07:15:50 PMIm anyway stuck in the JLA mod at mission 5 (i got a glitch on that level that corrupts the save if I save, so I have to finish it in one go >:( )

Yeah, it seems to be an issue with some mods that when you load a save game, none of the scripts work.

I will get into modding for FFVSTRR eventually. Right now I decided to finally play Batman Arkham Assylum and I do enjoy it alot. I got past that level. What it did was the two middle character couldnt be selected after I loaded the save, just for that level tough, so I had to finish it in one go, which was pretty tough. Its one of the better mods, but my favorite has to be still "the Great Hunt".

spydermann93

hehe, the Great Hunt was an awesome mod.

Spoiler
I always get stuck on the part where Martian Manhunter disguises himself as Electro and tries to infiltrate the base, but is discovered by the bad guys.

darabka

It was at time a challenging mod, the final mission was my favorite

Spoiler
You start with a Team but everytime a member dies he gets replaced by another member of your team, plus even some new ones. The Dimensional Travel concept was great because you could have lots of different character of many flavors.