News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

IDW's Transformers Series

Started by XStream, August 13, 2012, 01:03:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XStream

The most feared Cybertronians in the universe, The Decepticon Justice Division (Except Kaon, who is out of frame).  They are sent to "handle" any Decepticon who fails or surrenders.  And by "handle" I mean do very vile and painful things to them....
I am not, nor have I ever been a Rude Naked Hero!

BentonGrey

Whoops!  That was for a student who apparently doesn't know how to use Google.....I wonder if I sent him a link to a Transformers auction.... :P

Anyway, here is the Humble Bundle link I was trying to post (and I edited the original post as well):
https://www.humblebundle.com/books

Thanks for the strong recommendation.  I'm going to pick them up...and I'll blame you if I'm not blown away. :lol:  Ha, just kidding.  I was already tempted.  Thanks for giving me the push to get them!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

XStream

I looked it up myself and that is awesome! Hey, worse case scenario you donated to a charity.... That's pretty cool.  If I didn't have every issue included in this except for the most current RID, I'd buy that!

I think you will be happy.  Issue#37 of MTMTE just blew my mind!  Know this, every odd scene... everything that seems out of place, is there for a reason. It might take three years worth of comics for it to make sense, but it has a purpose... Especially the "historical constant."  No spoiler, just an easter egg that will bear fruit (ewwww...).

Anyway, I hope your student buys the bundle as well!  Now I am back to my research paper on Psychopathology and Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder... Rung would be proud. (Don't worry, you'll love Rung).

XStream

Quote from: Spade on February 27, 2015, 06:06:16 PM
For the fun of it lets try to see whos missing up to now: Unicron,Hot Shot,Red Alert,Tidalwave,Demolisher.
Basicly everyone else is here. :)

I'll have to work on the others later, but I present;

Red Alert from MTMTE #1!

He is a reoccurring MTMTE character at least up until "An Intimate Beheading" takes place.

Unicron hasn't appeared, Hot Shot showed up in this month's RID (I think), maybe no Tidalwave, but I believe I have seen Demolisher (at least as a background character).  One of the recent issues of MTMTE shows a bunch of Cybertronians that have Armada/Unicron Trilogy designs.

Podmark

I just got the Humble Bundle too! (thanks for bringing it to our attention Benton)

I actually own the first trades of both RiD and MtmtE but hadn't read them yet. I also had the first issue of each series for a $1 offer a while back and thought both were good. I also have a handful of Dark Cybertron issues that came with toys. But now I have a full run - for a very cheap price - and I helped a charity - Yay!
Not sure when I'll read these, I've got lots of reading material ahead of me, but I look forward to it.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

HarryTrotter

Nice to see people getting interested in Transformers.The whole metaseries has around 240 issues.You can also just read Continuum then jump into Transformers.Last stand of the Wreckers was very good.Maybe not the best TF work as hyped,but it was great.Suprisingly dark,also.
Speaking of bots from Unicron trilogy,humans burn Thrust alive...yeash...
IDW also did 2 stories about Dinobots set between Cybertron games and Prime cartoon.Also a very good read if you liked that continuity.
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

XStream

I'm with Spade. Very excited to see you guys give the books a chance. I just finished MTMTE #38 and my mind is blown.

Spade inspired me to start reading through the old stuff again, and I am almost caught up to where I last left off.  I guess it is time to buy up some more back issues.  Although I just realized I skipped Primacy somehow...

Megaton takes a seat after admiring the work of the Decepticons' first victory.

HarryTrotter

^Also missing Primacy.
Now I get the Gorlam plot,some 50 issues later.
After his spotlight Megatron gets a cool new look.
Galvatron and Cyclonis also prove to be interesting characters.
Jon Farmer

HarryTrotter

Fun fact: More then meets the eye has its own soundtracks.You can listen to them here:
http://boards.idwpublishing.com/3/viewtopic.php?t=12527&sid=567734948d6cb2af551ef3055baba1da

or just search it on youtube.

https://tilallaremine.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/kup-cy-gar-explanation.jpg
Thats a cy-gar,not cigar  :thumbup:.
Man,I love Kup.
Jon Farmer

HarryTrotter

There is Blitzwing,but there is also Blitzving(animated/Blitzwing actually).Decepticon Titan hunters are basicly made of bots from Animated,led by Lockdown.There is also Lugnat.
DJD is dangerous.They keep a sparkeater as a pet.
Everything Whirl does crosses the line twice.Hes a jerk,but hes hilarious.
Rewind and Chromedome are Spark-mates.Thats a bit odd.
Jon Farmer

XStream

Whirl is One of my favorite characters.  He is a glory-hog who also happens to be a psychopath can make for some fun situations. His character was recently flesh out quite a bit and we learned about how he came to be the one-eyed,ex-Wrecker who Rodimus and crew have to deal with today. It's great having that character who no one is comfortable being in the same room with, but everyone wants to have on their side in a fight. Whirl knows he is that bot and he takes great pride in his role (as long as it means he gets to scrap Decipticons).

Chromedome and Rewinds relationship is something that MTMTE has spent a long time on introducing to the audience. You have the beings whose race does not depend on reproduction in the traditional sense (they were either formed from Cybertron itself or forged by a very scare loud process that created the knock-offs or those who are forced cold (a process that may have created the aggression that lead to the Decepticons. The majority of the Decepticons were forged, but there are also Autobots... But they tend to be the most aggressive Autobots too. Wait, I was talking about Re-Dome, IDW's take on the bots deals a lot with what they as a species have lost. Rewind and Chromedome have something that very few Cybertrons have the luxury of.

Some new like you have made it to MTMTE.

HarryTrotter

^Cybertronian born Transformers have no gender,fun fact.Except for Arcee,due to Jhiaxuses medling.
Windblade is a whole different story.
Im reading Dark Cybertron currently in both ongoings.MTMTE does a lott of stuff good.Fixes Drifts portrayal,gives a lott of obscure bots screentime etc.Also it  isnt afraid to kill characters.I mean,it KILLS CHARACTERS,a lott.
Jon Farmer

XStream

HarryTrotter

Blitzving and Lugnat from Spotlight:Trailcutter

Just Whirl...
Spoiler
Deathsaurus debuts this month.

Did he mentions hes Japanese this week?
Jon Farmer

HarryTrotter

I caught up to MTMTE,yey.
Spoiler
Tailgate could be female.
Tarn is possibly Roller,and Vos is maybe an Autobot spy.
They should tottaly make DJD toys. XD
Season 2 of The Transformers returns back to Earth.I hope they will finally resolve the threads from Furmans era.
Camiens do have genders.Other then throwing in female characters,that doesnt add anything to the story really.
Jon Farmer

XStream

Spade, I spoilerized your last comment.  We have some people who are just picking up the books and I hope they join the conversation and I don't want us to spoil anything for them.  *And this is a run on sentence...

As for your comments;

Spoiler
I don't think non-Camien Cybertronians are female (actually I don't think Camien Cybertronians are technically female, maybe feminine in appearance) except for Arcee who is "female" only because of Jhiaxus changing her CNA.  So I don't know that Tailgate could be female...

I also believe Tarn will be Roller.  The most recent storyline presumably may have left him injured on the battlefield, and because of Chromedome no one remembers he is out there. 

I am not caught up on RID or whatever the new series is titled (with Galvy and crew on earth) so I can't speak to those topics.

I'm still loving MTMTE!

HarryTrotter

Those are ony theories,and Roberts vague hints.Okay,they dont have biological sexes,but they have genders.
RiD is now renamed simply Transformers.And has entered the Combiner wars storyline.OP returns to Cybertron.Space bridge to Camien is opened.Starscream as usual has shady plans.And obviously Combiners play a big part of the story.
Jon Farmer

XStream

I looked up the Tailgate rumor.  It appears to steam from an interview where Roberts picked a female actress to voice Tailgate or something like that. 

This weekend I read two issues of the new Transformers comic, and I really enjoyed them.  I might have to invest some cash into getting caught up on that book.

I'm just curious, what did you think of the epilogue to Elegant Chaos?  The whole thing with Rung in the Functionalist Universe created by Brainstrom's suitcase (yeah, it's as crazy as it sounds). 

Spoiler
What's Rung a key too!?  And how could he be such a Boss!?

HarryTrotter

That will probably be revisited later.And there is definitly something odd about Rung,The Great Usseles One.
Monsterbots are on the LL,how did I miss that?
Transformers(v2 of RiD) are pretty good.Punishment one shot I have to reccomend.
Jon Farmer

HarryTrotter

MTMTE #39 Return of the DJD.It drops quite a few bombs.

Spoiler
Black Block Consortia is out to exterminate Cybertronians.But Tarn wont let them.To that end he strikes an alliance with Deathsaurus.
There is no list,Megatron IS the list.And DJD will soon pay a visit to Lost Light to sort that out.
And there are more hints about Tarns identity.
Jon Farmer

HarryTrotter

Combiner Wars start taking shape in part 2(Transformers 40).
Protectorbots are sent from LL to Cybertron.So its sort of a crossover.
Spoiler
Rattrap starscreamed Starscream himself.Turns out,hes working with Prowl.And Prowl together with Constructicons plans to bring down Screamer.Prowl,you magnificent ambiguously foreborn!
Jon Farmer

HarryTrotter

Combiner Wars are over.It wasnt Dark Cybertron,but it was a okay event.Starscream and Rattrap prove to be the only winners of the event.
Devastation is being adapted into a game.
There is also a new all-female combiner team in the upcoming Combiner hunters series.
Jon Farmer

HarryTrotter

The next big event is starting with issues #50 of Transformers and MTMTE.The big news is that Jonathan Hickman will be writing it.Thats gonna escalate quickly. :)
Jon Farmer

Silver Shocker

Read the first volumes of More Than Meets the Eye and Robots in Disguise. Quite liked them. Will have to read more in the future.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

HarryTrotter

It gets a lot weirder from there.
We learned the identities of DJD.Epic trolling there. :)
Also-Autobot City on Earth and Sentinel Prime is back.And he is not amused.
Jon Farmer