News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Suicide Squad

Started by scc, September 16, 2011, 11:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scc

I played this one a long time ago and never finished it. I see that it is still around. I just installed FF on my new computer no problem but not in default location. I can't get suicide squad mod to start. Shortcut does not work. Tried to change the target in shortcut to no avail. It just started FF not suicide squad. Thanks for any help.

scc

Nevermind I got it to work. I was actually trying to get the freedom force shortcut changed to find suicide squad and did not realize one already existed. Changed a couple things and now it works.

BentonGrey

Glad to hear it!  That's a fantastic mod, one of my all-time favorites.  I went back and updated a lot of the skins and meshes in my copy, and now it is even more awesome. :)
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

The_Baroness

Heh... Benton I did the same on quite a few mods, updating meshes and skins... and sadly i will have to do that again from scratch... never bothered to save the changes and HD failiure destroyed  it all

This is a great great mod, pretty hard too

BentonGrey

Ohh, that stinks Baroness.  Yeah, it is INSANELY hard, which is kind of awesome, given the setting and all.  I do have to admit, though, I used my updating to cheat a bit.  When I put in the VX_Deadshot mesh, that just HAPPENED to give Deadshot a crazy mutli-shot projectile attack that made him fairly powerful. :D
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

scc

Suicide Squad Mod is great. I remember playing it some time ago. Got to the ninja level and that was about it. Can you beat that level without cheating. Great voice acting too. I never thought about updating the meshes. Good idea.

BentonGrey

I did, but it was really tough!
God Bless

jeremy355

You need to use the exploding boomerang to beat that level.

BentonGrey

Yeah, and overpowering is vital.
God Bless

jeremy355

Very true. Keeping the right distance also helps.

Neros Urameshi

I wish there's a video walkthrough of the mod.

Borgaster

This is a Mod with Golden Age characters and this mod is really good. But, again, i never bought one single comic about Suicide Squad when i was a kid and now The Modern Warner is creating a game called Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League. For me is the same thing if a guy totally crazy come up with a game called Satan : Kill the Jesus(Lol). My Superman(our Superman) they killed a long time. But i have hope. Is just see on the Youtube the people around the World saying : Superman deserve a good game, Superman need back go to the top , they are try finish him and much more. But this Modern Warner has capacity for create a good game for Superman? This is the question ! Now, the modders of this amazing game has this capacity. The modders of this Forum turned this game in a game about DC and Marvel with infinite possibilities. So, the hope is Freedom Force or the Modern Warner ?

Neros Urameshi

Can someone please do a walkthrough of this mod?

BentonGrey

It's pretty crazy hard, isn't it?  It's been at least a decade since I played it.  I remember I modded it to put in new art assets, which, because of keyframe differences, just happened to make Deadshot and Captain Boomerang MUCH more powerful, and that made a bit of difference, haha.  I'm afraid I don't have any good advice for you, but you could indeed use FFEdit to beef up some of your team, like I (inadvertently) did.
God Bless

Neros Urameshi

By walkthrough, I mean a no commentary YouTube playthrough.

UnkoMan

I haven't played this mod since... gosh, I can't recall how long it's been.
I remember it being tough as heck, and having to cheese it a lot.

I think there was a part where I maybe only had Bronze Tiger, in a desert level, having to hide behind rocks?

I wonder if updated skin/mesh versions of old mods would be allowed to be uploaded? Is that a violation? It would be cool to see.

bearded

Skins don't change anything, but meshes will change the balance of the mod. That said, I do it all the time. It's super easy. Just find the name of the character in the data art folder and replace the files, you don't even have to go into the ffedit. (I'm certain you know this, this information is for new players.)