News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Marvel Adventures Vol. 2 - New Release!!

Started by BentonGrey, August 14, 2012, 02:32:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunati

Quote from: BentonGrey on August 19, 2018, 03:17:04 AM
Arg!  I wasn't able to solve that problem with the pink map and then forgot all about it!  Fortunately, while I was reading your post, I had a brainwave and figured it out.  I THINK I've now fixed that issue AND all the minor issues with FFX stuff like ice walls and utility belts not having their textures on certain maps.  I'll upload a patch or maybe a new version tomorrow.

Good news that you've seen no other pinking of characters.  If you run into any more before I get the fix uploaded, let me know, and I'll add them to the update.

Hi Benton,

Thanks for the effort and all. On the Ironman mission I've seen Backlash wearing a pink cape (probably needs to be purple?, don't know this character though). And the cages, and then the outer frame is pink. It's not the bars in between, but the frames that make up the box.

If there is anything I can do to help, just let me know. I do have quite some Photoshop experience, with designing my own board game (work in progress for 4 years now). If you need help converting textures, although I don't know what program you use when modding exactly. So it might not be as simple as I think  :rolleyes:.

That's all I've got so far. And I am only playing the X-men and Ironman missions now.

Lunati

Quote from: Harriman on May 11, 2013, 03:27:51 AM
managed to replay it (added: final mission of Ironman vs Mandarin) 3 more times , I find the console and deactivate it  and defeat Mandarin and his cronies , but the mission now does not end when IRON MAN says 2nd bomb possible we gotta get out!

Quote from: BentonGrey on May 11, 2013, 04:45:36 AM
That's the problem I'm seeing too (added: with the final mission of Ironman vs Mandarin), Harriman.  I'll investigate tomorrow.  This is the final mission, so fortunately you're not missing more of the campaign, but darn it that isn't the way it's supposed to work!

Here I still am having the same problem. I will tell you below what I did.

Spoiler

I disarmed the nuke with the console. And I defeated Mandarin before I defeated the robots, I finished them off later. Then I went to Mandarin, who is showing a (!) and he tells me this is far from over and dissappears. So I do a scan to see where he went. So he is back at the beginning standing in front of a door. When I click on him again, I get another dialogue explaining 'this is not over whaahaha' , but then there are no objectives anymore. And the mission does not continue. So I would figure I have to do something about that Time Machine, but can't make a dent anyhow in that thing. Even when it says it is vulnerable to Energy weapons, an Energy weapon does nothing.

Well the only good thing I can see in the Mandarin missions, no pinking issues ;-).

BentonGrey

Thanks CB!  I actually have already done some of those.  I'll look over the others as well.

Lunati, the last Ironman mission issue remains, unfortunately.  I can't figure that one out, but that's the end of the campaign, so at least it's not exactly game-breaking....sort of.  It's super frustrating.  By all accounts, it should be working fine, but nada.

I've fixed Blacklash.

The cages and all other FFX paraphenalia SHOULD now have the proper textures on all maps.  I'd love your help testing this out, though.  If you'll just try out a mission or two where you saw that stuff (utility belts, ice walls, cages, etc), and let me know if they are working properly now, that'd be great.

Thanks for the offer of help, Lunati!  I might well take you up on that.  At the moment, the fix for the pinking issue is simple, just a bit time consuming.  You have to open the character.nif of the offending mesh, edit the texture entries to something unique, like black.tga for Blacklash's male_basic.tga, then rename the corresponding skin textures in their skin folder to match.  That fixes the issue, but it has to be done for each character that exhibits the bug.  Several times, I've fixed a bunch of them, only to load the mission they're in and see a DIFFERENT set of characters now pink.  Rather annoying. 

Also, custom board game?  Cool!  What's it about?

Still, I'm super thankful that CB found the fix!

Alright, I've got the fixes, and I'm going to upload them as a patch.  I'll post a link when it's done.

:EDIT: Done, here is the patch.  I'm uploading a new full version too.  I'll post it when it is done as well.
http://greylands.freedomforceforever.com/MAPatch2.zip
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Jimaras8

Benton will the full version have 2.2+ the patch?

Lunati

Quote from: BentonGrey on August 20, 2018, 01:58:36 AM
The cages and all other FFX paraphenalia SHOULD now have the proper textures on all maps.  I'd love your help testing this out, though.  If you'll just try out a mission or two where you saw that stuff (utility belts, ice walls, cages, etc), and let me know if they are working properly now, that'd be great.
:EDIT: Done, here is the patch.  I'm uploading a new full version too.  I'll post it when it is done as well.
http://greylands.freedomforceforever.com/MAPatch2.zip

Hi Benton,

Tested the patch. All the cages are good now, both the Ironman mission and the X-men missions. And finally the X-men map is also good, on the Brothers and Sisters mission (haven't played it through though, not yet). What color should the Backlash cape be? Since I might be confusing it as a pinking issue, I do see some kind of purple/pinkish cape in the Comic book screens / Avatar. So that one is probably just fine, and was fine already.

The one pinking issue remaining is the Iceman, Ice Walls.

As for my help on the meshes, I would need step-by-step instructions for that.  Because when you say 'open the character.nif' , I need to not what program and so on. I am totally new to this kind of modding  :unsure:.

Finally, well I made a cooperative pirate board game: http://www.bandofpirates.net. It's on hold for this year, maybe if I have the time I will pick it up again next year.

greetings,
Lunati

Jimaras8

Benton the merging process has gone along pretty well so far and i have maintained the vast majority of your changes. Some weight adjustments were  lost because i replaced the characters.dat file but i don't think it was major. One bug i noticed is that the template path for you Dum Dum Dugan doesn't work in game and the mesh doesn't appear. You have it pointed at dum_dum_dugan_dm but the only mesh in the librady is dum_dum_dugan_DMAA. I assume you rplaced the mesh and forgot to change the path.

Jimaras8

Benton, i will have a merged version of your mod+plus my characters ready tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. I have maintained the majority of your changes and only pasted the additional files. The ai changes are unaffected and so are the campaigns and the voices as are the ffxcustom2 file. The characters, objects, powers and fx dats had to be overwritten but that's pretty much it. If you want, i could upload it to mediafire and you could check it out.

Torch

Benton:  Tried to send you a PM but your inbox was full so...

Hi Benton,

Long time no see.  I was looking at FFvt3R on my computer today and thought I would check out the forum.  I see you've been busy!  Question:  Old mods are pinned to the forum and I tried to download my mod West Coast Avengers from around a decade ago.  The link doesn't work.  Is there a new place that keeps them archived or are they lost to the void of the web?

Torch

Previsionary

Quote from: Torch on September 02, 2018, 11:57:42 PM
Benton:  Tried to send you a PM but your inbox was full so...

Hi Benton,

Long time no see.  I was looking at FFvt3R on my computer today and thought I would check out the forum.  I see you've been busy!  Question:  Old mods are pinned to the forum and I tried to download my mod West Coast Avengers from around a decade ago.  The link doesn't work.  Is there a new place that keeps them archived or are they lost to the void of the web?

Torch

Not to hijack the thread (sorry, Benton), but I saw your name and was like, "Oh, I know that name! Let's check in." Glad I did.

Your mod is here: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/2455688dit53d/FRP2_Backups#10w27f6kotwo2
Disappear when you least expe--

Lunati

QuoteBentongrey: Thanks for the offer of help, Lunati!  I might well take you up on that.  At the moment, the fix for the pinking issue is simple, just a bit time consuming.

Well about the pinking issue. As far as I can see there is one, or maybe two now remaining that's quite anoying in the following X-Men level, it's explained behind the spoiler link:

Spoiler
Just to be on the safe side I put this one behing the spoiler button. In the level where the X-Men for the first time need to defend the X-Men mansion the following pinking issue remains: Ice Walls from Iceman turn pink (and it is a NPC so can't NOT select him for the mission, or I would). And I also did see some pink cubes of what I think might be debris when the mansion collapsed on the attack of the first villains. Although that could also be ice from iceman, I just don't know now.

Really hope this can be fixed, or that I can help with this. Since I do not like to play the mission, when the pinking issue remains. Another solution could be to remove Iceman from the roster of the NPCs to just do a quickfix. And see what pinking issue remains, or if a pinking issue remains at all.

Just a quick personal note: I just posted a Lego X-Men Sentinel in the Artist's Alley section of the forum ;-).

Jimaras8

Benton, greetings.

I hope you and the family are doing great. I wanted to let you know i'm very close on finishing the merged version of your MA 2.2 + my additions and i have managed to maintain most of your changes. I'm putting the finishing touches and i will try to upload it on mediafire in the next few days. Would you be interested in a link? Also, your inbox is full which is why i'm posting this message here.

BentonGrey

Howdy guys, sorry I've been out of pocket, but it has been a surprisingly busy semester so far.  My dissertation is sort of kicking my backside, and I only have until the end of the month (so freaking close!) to get my documents ready for the job market.  So, sorry for leaving messages unanswered!  Thanks for your patience!

Howdy Torch, and welcome back! 

Prem, no worries man.  Thanks for fielding that one!  Good to see you around too!

Quote from: Lunati on September 19, 2018, 09:08:55 AM
Well about the pinking issue. As far as I can see there is one, or maybe two now remaining that's quite anoying in the following X-Men level, it's explained behind the spoiler link:

Spoiler
Just to be on the safe side I put this one behing the spoiler button. In the level where the X-Men for the first time need to defend the X-Men mansion the following pinking issue remains: Ice Walls from Iceman turn pink (and it is a NPC so can't NOT select him for the mission, or I would). And I also did see some pink cubes of what I think might be debris when the mansion collapsed on the attack of the first villains. Although that could also be ice from iceman, I just don't know now.

Really hope this can be fixed, or that I can help with this. Since I do not like to play the mission, when the pinking issue remains. Another solution could be to remove Iceman from the roster of the NPCs to just do a quickfix. And see what pinking issue remains, or if a pinking issue remains at all.

Just a quick personal note: I just posted a Lego X-Men Sentinel in the Artist's Alley section of the forum ;-).

Okay Lunati, thanks again for reporting bugs and being so active with this!  I guess I just missed the icewall texture when I did my FFX texture sweep for the previous patch.  Fortunately, it was a super simple fix, just had to track those textures down and add them to the various map folders.  I also shotgunned the missing debris texture and managed to find it and add it as well.  So, those two issues at least should be solved.  I've uploaded the patch and you can download it here.
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/2018/09/23/further-marvel-adventures-texture-pack/

Quote from: Jimaras8 on September 22, 2018, 10:40:03 AM
Benton, greetings.

I hope you and the family are doing great. I wanted to let you know i'm very close on finishing the merged version of your MA 2.2 + my additions and i have managed to maintain most of your changes. I'm putting the finishing touches and i will try to upload it on mediafire in the next few days. Would you be interested in a link? Also, your inbox is full which is why i'm posting this message here.

Howdy Jim!  We're doing pretty well, thanks.  Glad to hear it!  I'd definitely be interested, but I don't know when I'd get around to examining the changes.  Honestly, the thought of trying to remember and recreate all of my changes that couldn't be saved is daunting at the moment, though I wish I could do it and release your expanded version!

Also, time to clean out my inbox again!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

Lunati

QuoteOkay Lunati, thanks again for reporting bugs and being so active with this!  I guess I just missed the icewall texture when I did my FFX texture sweep for the previous patch.  Fortunately, it was a super simple fix, just had to track those textures down and add them to the various map folders.  I also shotgunned the missing debris texture and managed to find it and add it as well.  So, those two issues at least should be solved.  I've uploaded the patch and you can download it here.
https://wordpress.com/post/bentongrey.wordpress.com/30175

Hi Bentongrey,

Thanks for the quickfix. Although both Firefox en Edge both just show a empty page when I follow the link above, I do not see any download.

Jimaras8

Quote from: BentonGrey on September 24, 2018, 01:13:41 AM
Howdy guys, sorry I've been out of pocket, but it has been a surprisingly busy semester so far.  My dissertation is sort of kicking my backside, and I only have until the end of the month (so freaking close!) to get my documents ready for the job market.  So, sorry for leaving messages unanswered!  Thanks for your patience!

Howdy Torch, and welcome back! 

Prem, no worries man.  Thanks for fielding that one!  Good to see you around too!

Quote from: Lunati on September 19, 2018, 09:08:55 AM

Spoiler

Okay Lunati, thanks again for reporting bugs and being so active with this!  I guess I just missed the icewall texture when I did my FFX texture sweep for the previous patch.  Fortunately, it was a super simple fix, just had to track those textures down and add them to the various map folders.  I also shotgunned the missing debris texture and managed to find it and add it as well.  So, those two issues at least should be solved.  I've uploaded the patch and you can download it here.

Quote from: Jimaras8 on September 22, 2018, 10:40:03 AM
Benton, greetings.

Howdy Jim!  We're doing pretty well, thanks.  Glad to hear it!  I'd definitely be interested, but I don't know when I'd get around to examining the changes.  Honestly, the thought of trying to remember and recreate all of my changes that couldn't be saved is daunting at the moment, though I wish I could do it and release your expanded version!

Also, time to clean out my inbox again!

I understand the weight of the task that's why i took extra care to save most of your changes. Your m2aidata and ffxcustom2 changes are maintainted, i only pasted additional entries based on my characters. The sounds are merged so any change you have made will be retained. I also haven't touched anything in your maps or campaigns which was the bulk of the patch. The only real change is with the characters but i checked every template path and every skope you changed is now directed to the appropriate hero file. I also took the liberties to change some keyframes that didn't add up to their descriptions like union's jack high energy melee.

Lunati

QuoteOkay Lunati, thanks again for reporting bugs and being so active with this!  I guess I just missed the icewall texture when I did my FFX texture sweep for the previous patch.  Fortunately, it was a super simple fix, just had to track those textures down and add them to the various map folders.  I also shotgunned the missing debris texture and managed to find it and add it as well.  So, those two issues at least should be solved.  I've uploaded the patch and you can download it here.

The link to the folder is not working (both in Firefox and Edge I just get a blank screen). Could you repost the right link for the last pinking issue fix - patch?

Indywise

Hi Benton,

I used to love FF when it came out, but haven't played it for years - hearing about your mod has inspired me to purchase it on steam and get back to it, so thanks so much for that!

Apologies if this is a noob issue, but having downloaded your mod I can't get it to run. I made sure to install the game in the default directory as described in your install instructions - but when I try to run either the game shortcut or the individual campaign exe files I get an error message popup "Application load error 5:0000065434". Has anyone else had this, or know how to fix or workaround?

Thanks

Indywise

Okay, Don't worry - It's a steam issue caused by having the game installed on a different drive to the main steam installation.

I solved it by placing a copy of the steam exe in the same folder as the game.

Looks great, can't wait to start a campaign!

BentonGrey

Lunati: Darn it!  Ha, I'm not sure how that happened.  Anyway, fixed now.  Thanks for letting me know!

https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/2018/09/23/further-marvel-adventures-texture-pack/

Indywise, welcome to the forums!  I'm very pleased to hear that my little project brought you back to FF.  I'm glad you figured out the issue, and I hope you'll have a blast with the mod!  Please drop by to leave some feedback, and perhaps give me a rating at ModDB, if you're of a mind.  Definitely let me know which campaign is your favorite!  :D
God Bless

Quarnz

Hi Benton,
Just installed the mod V2.2. Everything seemed to go OK, but when I go to run any of the MA .exe files I get an error saying that "the program was made with an unlicensed compiler. Please buy the PRO version to distribute your EXE."
Seems to happen with any of the EXEs I click on.   ;)
I have the GOG version of the game and it seems to run fine.
Thanks for the help
-Quarnz

BentonGrey

Howdy Quarnz, and welcome to the community!

I'm sorry you're having trouble with the mod.  That certainly shouldn't be happening.  I'll have to see what I can do.  :wacko:
God Bless

Lunati

Quote from: BentonGrey on October 05, 2018, 08:58:29 PM
Lunati: Darn it!  Ha, I'm not sure how that happened.  Anyway, fixed now.  Thanks for letting me know!

Thanks, the download works. Just tried out the one with the X-Mansion, although the pink debris remains. It looks like the same pink box that is in the back of the mansion in the pool, maybe that helps to fix it? For now, just make sure I better defend the mansion from destruction to prevent pinking, well that is the mission anyways ;-). Or just change the story, I am protecting the pink wrapped presents for the X-Men Christmas ;-).

Iceman is fixed though, that is a great relief :-).

BentonGrey

Darn it! 

The issue is that this is an FF1 map, and I'm not sure which debris textures it uses OR where the debris pieces are to check.  I thought I had that one.  Bah!

Good news about Iceman...finally!  :P

Lunati, thanks for the troubleshooting and the patience!  I appreciate both!  I'll see what I can do about this when I get some time.

By the way, is anyone else getting that message Quarnz got from the .exe files? 
God Bless

spydermann93

Can't say for sure. Whenever I install Marvel Adventures, Norton freaks out and removes the exes.

Too much of a headache to keep telling Norton to not delete them, lol

Lunati

Quote from: BentonGrey on November 04, 2018, 04:51:17 AM
By the way, is anyone else getting that message Quarnz got from the .exe files?

I only had the message of 'not build by an official compiler' (or something) with the Ironman .exe , you then said that I had to copy/paste the campaign.dat manually from the campaign folder to the main folder for that one.
I did not have that with the main MA.exe file though.

BentonGrey

Hmm, but you don't have that message for the other campaign .exes, Lunati?

Yeah Spyder, I wish I knew how to prevent that false positive. 
God Bless

Lunati

No I only had it on the Iron Man .exe, and not the others I played:
X-Men, X-Men Solo, Thor, Spider-Man, Shield, Invaders and Fantastic Four.

BentonGrey

And that's with the latest release, hmm?  That's very strange.  I'll need to see if I can get the compiler to play more nicely.
God Bless

Incredible Bulk

Is the link in the first post still the current one?
Sith Prime

BentonGrey

Yes, it should be. 

Holy Hannah!  I just figured out something that has been a mystery for years!  I know why the last Iron Man mission won't end....

I just today figured out that a similar problem in my DCUG mod was caused by Lex Luthor's passive energy shield preventing the game from killing him after an interrogation, and I just now made the connection that the Mandarin has the same thing!  Unfortunately, there's no way I can think of to fix this...but darn it, mystery solved.  Yay?
God Bless

Lunati

Quote from: BentonGrey on November 05, 2018, 08:13:43 PM
And that's with the latest release, hmm?  That's very strange.  I'll need to see if I can get the compiler to play more nicely.

Well, I do not think this is with the latest release though. Since I did play those before the new release, so it could be that with the new builds some .exe's have changed though.
For now I only play the X-Men team campaign, since I have not finished that one. And for me the X-Men feel most like a team to me, that's also why I'm more a fan of that rather than the Avengers that nowadays get all the attention.