News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Marvel Adventures Vol. 2 - New Release!!

Started by BentonGrey, August 14, 2012, 02:32:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spydermann93

Quote from: Arachobia on August 19, 2014, 08:12:18 AM
So have found a lot of the skins/meshes, but still can't locate a few...

Where could I get hold of the mesh/skin that you used for the Frost Giants? Or if anyone else who sees this knows where it might be found

If you ever find a mod with a mesh or skin that you like, try looking in on of these two locations:

mod_name/Art/custom_characters

or

mod_name/Art/library/characters (which is where the custom meshes can be found for this mod)

You can copy the meshes from either of those two folders and paste them in your Custom/Art/library/characters folder and the mesh will be available for all mods.

Arachobia

:doh:

Well now I just feel silly for not seeing that before.

Thanks!

EDIT: Would one be able to do something similar if one wanted FX from the mod as well?

detourne_me

You could do the same thing for FX too, but then you will also have to merge the fx.dat file from the mod with your ffx folder fx.dat file.
It can get a bit tricky, but it is possible.

Oh my gosh, I just had a weird epiphany.  I think it would be possible to take both of Benton's Universe mods, DC and Marvel, and combine all of their FX, Powers, and Character.dats in order to get a super mod with all of the characters built-in.
Throw all of those into a Customforce style mod where players recruit a lot of the heroes, to play through the game and you could build a crazy multiversal campaign! (Of course lower the power levels, since I think BG keeps his at rank 4, so the recruitment cost is lower)

spydermann93

Quote from: detourne_me on August 20, 2014, 06:23:34 AM
You could do the same thing for FX too, but then you will also have to merge the fx.dat file from the mod with your ffx folder fx.dat file.
It can get a bit tricky, but it is possible.

Oh my gosh, I just had a weird epiphany.  I think it would be possible to take both of Benton's Universe mods, DC and Marvel, and combine all of their FX, Powers, and Character.dats in order to get a super mod with all of the characters built-in.
Throw all of those into a Customforce style mod where players recruit a lot of the heroes, to play through the game and you could build a crazy multiversal campaign! (Of course lower the power levels, since I think BG keeps his at rank 4, so the recruitment cost is lower)

I think that's just the way the text exporter in Alex's hero tool works.  Either way, whenever you port a character into the game, all of their powers' level will be '3' (expect for the last one, which could possibly be '1').

BentonGrey

Haha, yeah, that's what I meant when I said you were free to use the mod's resources, Arachobia!   I'm glad you found the folder. :)

Ha!  DM, I've thought about that myself.  I think, once I finish my two biggest projects, I'll combine them both and have my supermod. :D
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

BentonGrey

Crosspost:

Howdy Freedom Fans, I've been completely swamped with my doctoral work, but I haven't forgotten FF!  I'm slowly but surely working on my Marvel Adventures update, and I think it is turning out well.  I need your help though!  It seems that a lot of my promotional images from the first release have been eaten by the internet, and I really don't have time to go through and take a bunch more screenshots.  I'm looking for folks to send me screenies from MA, both of the various campaigns, and just of your own exploits therein.  If you could take the time to snap just a few frames and send them my way, I'd really appreciate it!

You can send screenies to username@yahoo.com.

Thanks Reborners!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

Jimaras8

Good to see you back Benton, at least your absence was for a really good reason. I hope you are doing ok. I haven't used that before but i think i can get some snaps. Do you prefer laoding screens or menu screens or just in-game shots? Oh if you need anything about the characters we can talk it in e-mail as always.

BentonGrey

Action shots would be best, methinks.  Just think about what would make you say 'that is awesome!'

I'll definitely be in touch, maybe next week Jim!
God Bless

spydermann93

I'll do my best to come up with something! :thumbup:

Skerdilajd Shehi

Quote from: BentonGrey on May 07, 2015, 09:22:51 PM
Action shots would be best, methinks.  Just think about what would make you say 'that is awesome!'

I'll definitely be in touch, maybe next week Jim!

okay this is my second attempt of spidey's stats >.< ouch!

STATS:

Strength: 6

Speed: 6

Agility: 7

Endurance: 5

Energy: 5

try use the other skin from courtnall6's spiderman johnromita sr one.. The one with the black shades on the blue, and as USAgent did with his other build, use herofile thingy to make a another Passive Defense, i taught that lol. And make that other passive defense to block normal and resist damage acid and radiation and blocks range as you call it "Toxic Immunity". Change Spidey-Sense as block to Pass Through rather than Reflect, Reflect is more like Deflect, Pass Through is more like reflexes to dodge attacks.. And i guess i hope this build could work making a perfect spidey..

BentonGrey

Thanks SS!

I'm just making a post to gripe.  I'm doing strings.txt entries for my Marvel mod update, and it is such a pain, especially when I'm adding tons of new characters.  Bah!

The upshot is, I'm making progress again.  I've got the Spider-Man campaign almost finished.

I'm putting out an open invitation, if you'd like to tell a story with more or less Bronze Age Marvel characters, let me know.  I'll be happy to include EZScript adventures from guest writers!  I'll have done all the heavy lifting, so all you'll need to do is write the EZScript story.  I'll even set the map up, if you aren't up to it. :D
God Bless

Skerdilajd Shehi

Quote from: BentonGrey on July 12, 2015, 04:32:10 AM
Thanks SS!

I'm just making a post to gripe.  I'm doing strings.txt entries for my Marvel mod update, and it is such a pain, especially when I'm adding tons of new characters.  Bah!

The upshot is, I'm making progress again.  I've got the Spider-Man campaign almost finished.

I'm putting out an open invitation, if you'd like to tell a story with more or less Bronze Age Marvel characters, let me know.  I'll be happy to include EZScript adventures from guest writers!  I'll have done all the heavy lifting, so all you'll need to do is write the EZScript story.  I'll even set the map up, if you aren't up to it. :D

thats cute!  ^_^ but meh, i'm more like the ff builder helper to attempts, akward to say, that i struggle TOO much to make a 616 peter parker build, ultimate and rest of it, bah easy, but im trying to help so spidey won't be easy to be defeated or weak to lift heavy objects, however, i just tried to make more "modern" peter from 616 like stronger and costume different than the silver age spidey, so far. I think thats the build i make you can get good if he will face giant global threats like rhino, thanos, or juggernaut.. etc.  :thumbup: :thumbup:

kkhohoho

Quote from: BentonGrey on July 12, 2015, 04:32:10 AM
Thanks SS!

Thanks for the offer, Benton; I'll let you know. I'd actually really like to do a story; the only problem is coming up with one. ;) (I could just do an adaption, but I'd also like to do something more original. Though if I had to an adaption, I'd love to do the first part of Jim Starlin's Warlock run.) A quick question first though: by 'Bronze Age', does this include early-mid 80's characters, or just 70's ones? I'd like to know just what my window is here, basically. Also, if a character or team showed up in the Bronze Age, but chronologically appeared at a later or earlier time like the Invaders (just for example,) could I still use them? Just wondering.
The Golden Age; 'A different look at a different era.'

http://archiveofourown.org/works/1089779/chapters/2193203

BentonGrey

Awesome Kk, I'm happy to hear you're interested!  You've got some great questions, so let me clarify things a bit.

The short version: we can talk about it.  If you want to do something in particular, I'm absolutely willing to talk about it.  Providing it wouldn't give me too much extra work or be wildly different in tone from the heart of my project, I'm happy to bend the rules.

The long version: Basically, I've read a lot of the Marvel books up into the mid 80s.  I've really loved the Silver and Bronze Age stories, and I think by the Bronze Age the characters and universe had matured wonderfully (better than DC, sadly, as they made more mistakes earlier on), without having darkened or lost their wonder and heroism, as they would later.  I think roughly the mid 80s is about where things start to go down hill in more than a few places, at least for my money.  So, the characters from the beginning of the Marvel Universe to the end of the Bronze Age, which we'll mark arbitrarily with 1986, are all fair game.  The time frame for the mod is ROUGHLY (oh-so-roughly) Bronze Age, late 70s. 

HOWEVER, while this mod is not nearly as cherry-picked and redesigned as the DCUG (hence, it not being the MUG), I am definitely taking liberties for my own enjoyment and to 'fix' things that bug me.  For example, my X-Men campaign features a massive roster that has probably never all been on the team at the same time.  Jean should really be dead by the time this story takes place, yet she's there because I want to play with all of the X-Men characters I love, including several from the TV show, like Gambit and Rogue, that weren't really part of the team during the halcyon days of Claremont's run which I'm trying to evoke in the mod. 

I'm also quite happy to tell stories that aren't 'present day,' so to speak.  I already have an Invaders campaign that takes place during WWII and a Guardians of the Galaxy tale that takes place in the future, after all.  As long as the setting is clear, I've got no problem with folks doing flashback stories or what have you.

Because I'm not as invested in the Marvel U as I am in the DCU, there are less characters that I have really strong opinions about, thus I don't really have a forbidden characters list.  At the moment, however, I don't have everyone in the mod that eventually I might . 

Current roster:

• Pretty much all of the Avengers
  • The X-Men I like (and I'm not likely to add too man others)
  • The core Invaders
  • The original GoG
  • The Imperial Guard
  • The Brotherhood
  • The Squadron Supreme
  • The Zodiac
  • A lot of street level heroes and villains, including Spidey and DD and their villains
  • The Shi'ar, Kree, Skrulls, and Asgardians
  • The Fantastic Four and most of their major villains
  • The Hulk and several of his villains
  • Galactus and his Heralds

I'm open to adding new characters for a story, but utilizing existing ones would also be good. 

So, there are a lot of possibilities, and I'm quite flexible.  Ideally, I'd like to see people tell stories about characters and teams for whom I don't really have anything, so something for Adam Warlock or any of the folks I'm neglecting would be great!

I welcome anyone who wants to tell a story about a character they love!  Come on guys!
God Bless

Skerdilajd Shehi

Quote from: BentonGrey on July 13, 2015, 03:03:21 AM
Awesome Kk, I'm happy to hear you're interested!  You've got some great questions, so let me clarify things a bit.

The short version: we can talk about it.  If you want to do something in particular, I'm absolutely willing to talk about it.  Providing it wouldn't give me too much extra work or be wildly different in tone from the heart of my project, I'm happy to bend the rules.

The long version: Basically, I've read a lot of the Marvel books up into the mid 80s.  I've really loved the Silver and Bronze Age stories, and I think by the Bronze Age the characters and universe had matured wonderfully (better than DC, sadly, as they made more mistakes earlier on), without having darkened or lost their wonder and heroism, as they would later.  I think roughly the mid 80s is about where things start to go down hill in more than a few places, at least for my money.  So, the characters from the beginning of the Marvel Universe to the end of the Bronze Age, which we'll mark arbitrarily with 1986, are all fair game.  The time frame for the mod is ROUGHLY (oh-so-roughly) Bronze Age, late 70s. 

HOWEVER, while this mod is not nearly as cherry-picked and redesigned as the DCUG (hence, it not being the MUG), I am definitely taking liberties for my own enjoyment and to 'fix' things that bug me.  For example, my X-Men campaign features a massive roster that has probably never all been on the team at the same time.  Jean should really be dead by the time this story takes place, yet she's there because I want to play with all of the X-Men characters I love, including several from the TV show, like Gambit and Rogue, that weren't really part of the team during the halcyon days of Claremont's run which I'm trying to evoke in the mod. 

I'm also quite happy to tell stories that aren't 'present day,' so to speak.  I already have an Invaders campaign that takes place during WWII and a Guardians of the Galaxy tale that takes place in the future, after all.  As long as the setting is clear, I've got no problem with folks doing flashback stories or what have you.

Because I'm not as invested in the Marvel U as I am in the DCU, there are less characters that I have really strong opinions about, thus I don't really have a forbidden characters list.  At the moment, however, I don't have everyone in the mod that eventually I might . 

Current roster:

• The core Invaders
  • The original GoG
  • The Imperial Guard
  • The Brotherhood
  • The Squadron Supreme
  • The Zodiac
  • A lot of street level heroes and villains, including Spidey and DD and their villains

I'm open to adding new characters for a story, but utilizing existing ones would also be good. 

So, there are a lot of possibilities, and I'm quite flexible.  Ideally, I'd like to see people tell stories about characters and teams for whom I don't really have anything, so something for Adam Warlock or any of the folks I'm neglecting would be great!

I welcome anyone who wants to tell a story about a character they love!  Come on guys!

hey benton! try add more marvel spiders like, Spider-Woman or, ben reilly or? more!

kkhohoho

Quote from: Skerdilajd Shehi on July 13, 2015, 11:12:46 AM

Current roster:

• The core Invaders
  • The original GoG
  • The Imperial Guard
  • The Brotherhood
  • The Squadron Supreme
  • The Zodiac

hey benton! try add more marvel spiders like, Spider-Woman or, ben reilly or? more!

Not sure if you're serious, but Reilly was only really around in the early 90's during the Clone Saga, so for better or worse, he's probably a no-go. But ask yourself; do you want the Clone Saga in this mod? Because if Reilly got in, then the Clone Saga would be coming with him, as he's intrinsically tied to it.
The Golden Age; 'A different look at a different era.'

http://archiveofourown.org/works/1089779/chapters/2193203

Skerdilajd Shehi

Quote from: kkhohoho on July 13, 2015, 06:52:28 PM
Quote from: Skerdilajd Shehi on July 13, 2015, 11:12:46 AM

Current roster:

• The core Invaders
  • The original GoG
  • The Imperial Guard
  • The Brotherhood
  • The Squadron Supreme
  • The Zodiac

Not sure if you're serious, but Reilly was only really around in the early 90's during the Clone Saga, so for better or worse, he's probably a no-go. But ask yourself; do you want the Clone Saga in this mod? Because if Reilly got in, then the Clone Saga would be coming with him, as he's intrinsically tied to it.

well, would be cool, even though people "Hated" because such confusing story who's spidey but, at least it could be awesome as a mod mission for that one

Cyber Burn

So, the characters from the beginning of the Marvel Universe to the end of the Bronze Age, which we'll mark arbitrarily with 1986, are all fair game.  The time frame for the mod is ROUGHLY (oh-so-roughly) Bronze Age, late 70s. 

Two years shy of the "Armor Wars" Story Line.  :doh:

But I'm really hoping someone runs with either the "Squadron Supreme" or the "Invaders". (But does this exclude the Characters from the "Liberty Legion"?)

spydermann93

Quote from: Cyber Burn on July 14, 2015, 12:39:21 AM
So, the characters from the beginning of the Marvel Universe to the end of the Bronze Age, which we'll mark arbitrarily with 1986, are all fair game.  The time frame for the mod is ROUGHLY (oh-so-roughly) Bronze Age, late 70s. 

Two years shy of the "Armor Wars" Story Line.  :doh:

But I'm really hoping someone runs with either the "Squadron Supreme" or the "Invaders". (But does this exclude the Characters from the "Liberty Legion"?)

I never read the "Armor Wars", but Squadron Supreme would be awesome to see! :thumbup:

BentonGrey

Skerdilajd, thanks for the suggestion!  I'm afraid I don't know much about those folks.  One of the purposes of my mods is to streamline and simplify some of the rougher edges of these universes, so I'd probably avoid the Clone Saga, but what other Spider-ish characters would you like to see?

CB, like I said, that's a very loose deadline.  I've never read that storyline, though of course I've heard of it.  I think they adapted it in the 90s Iron Man 'toon.  Provided it doesn't contradict anything I'm doing or go against the central themes of the mod, something like that could certainly be adapted.

I just recently got the Invaders Omnibus, and I'm only part of the way through it.  I haven't reached the Liberty Legion yet, but I've become aware of them.  They aren't in the mod, but if folks want them, I can certainly add them.

I hope folks will take on some more of these stories too! :D

God Bless

Skerdilajd Shehi

Quote from: BentonGrey on July 14, 2015, 01:49:56 AM
Skerdilajd, thanks for the suggestion!  I'm afraid I don't know much about those folks.  One of the purposes of my mods is to streamline and simplify some of the rougher edges of these universes, so I'd probably avoid the Clone Saga, but what other Spider-ish characters would you like to see?

CB, like I said, that's a very loose deadline.  I've never read that storyline, though of course I've heard of it.  I think they adapted it in the 90s Iron Man 'toon.  Provided it doesn't contradict anything I'm doing or go against the central themes of the mod, something like that could certainly be adapted.

I just recently got the Invaders Omnibus, and I'm only part of the way through it.  I haven't reached the Liberty Legion yet, but I've become aware of them.  They aren't in the mod, but if folks want them, I can certainly add them.

I hope folks will take on some more of these stories too! :D

Spider-Woman (Jessica) and Arachne could work well ^_^

Amazo Version 2.2

hey benton, i've mostly been a dc kind of guy, but i did go through a period where i was seriously into captain America. i don't have anything in mind yet, but i have to admit, i'm knid of interested in this. unfortunately, i've never even looked at how to do a ezscript story before, and i wouldn't know where  to start. also, to be honest, i've never been the best writer, so i'm worried that while i am interested, i may not have the ability to pull this off. but i do still have a couple of questions.

1- is there a tutorial for ezscript?

2- someone like me, who's not the best writer, would you be willing to give direction, maybe double check spelling, grammer, and stuff?

3- is there any way that interested parties could download a current version of the mod, so we know exactly which characters and maps are available?

thanx for taking the time to answer my questions.
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

BentonGrey

Hey guys, where is the EZScript Editor living online these days?

Howdy Amazo, it's great to hear you're interested!  I'd love to get some more Captain America stories, especially a 'modern day' one, as the only thing I have at the moment is the Invaders campaign. Of course, that doesn't mean that you'd HAVE to do a Cap story, so feel free to go wherever you want!

EZScript is actually quite easy and intuitive when all you have to do is create a mission.  It only really gets complicated when you try to do the whole she-bang of modding. ;)  I'm happy to answer any questions you've got!

1) Yes indeed, there are several excellent resources.  I recommend starting with the manual, which you'll find in any copy of FFX3 and also in my mods (I think).  There are three manual documents.  Read the Overview first, then the Mini-Mod section, and finally the Custom Encounter page.  Those will give you pretty much everything you need to write a short, simple FF adventure or even several.  I'd also recommend my own little tutorials.  I have a few different pieces on EZScript on my site.  Unlike the manual, my pieces are tailored specifically to using the EZScript Editor (which is a godsend!).

The Ease of EZScript: https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/2010/01/18/the-ease-of-ezscript/

The Anatomy of an EZScript Adventure: https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/2010/01/21/the-anatomy-of-an-ezscript-adventure/

Doing More with EZScript: https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/2010/01/26/doing-more-with-ezscript/

I think those might be helpful in allowing a new modder to get comfortable with the basics of EZScript composition.

In addition, all of my mod work is free for use and modification, so you can take my existing missions and use them as models, just changing whatever you need to.

2) But of course!  I'd be quite happy to help out!  I think a little project like this is a great opportunity for someone who doesn't really think of themselves as a writer to stretch their creative muscles, and helping with that type of thing is sort of what I do.  ^_^

3) I've added a good number of characters and a fair amount of content into the latest build, but the currently released version of MA would still give you a good idea of what it's like.  However, folks who want to be contributors will probably have a chance to download and advanced copy of the mod sometime in the next week or so. 

In terms of characters, you can always request new ones or ask about what is in place if you aren't sure, in the meantime.  As far as maps go, anything in the Map Pack is fair game.

You're quite welcome, Amazo!

God Bless

Cyber Burn

Hey Benton, I'm going to add to the question list:

1.) Just out of curiosity (Time is kind of limited, so I'm not sure if I could commit), if someone were to jump on board here, would the EZScript Stories need to be based on actual events from the #616 Marvel Universe, or could we tell an original Story using the Characters from the selection provided?

2.) If there is a Character(s) that someone would like to use, but is not currently in the MA Mod, would you be open to discussion in regards to adding the Character(s)?

3.) I'd actually be interested in seeing a Villain (C - Lister at best) be the main Character of a Story, is this something that you would be open to discussion about? (I actually haven't decided which Character I'd want to use for this yet though.)

spydermann93

Quote from: Cyber Burn on July 18, 2015, 04:42:06 PM
Hey Benton, I'm going to add to the question list:

1.) Just out of curiosity (Time is kind of limited, so I'm not sure if I could commit), if someone were to jump on board here, would the EZScript Stories need to be based on actual events from the #616 Marvel Universe, or could we tell an original Story using the Characters from the selection provided?

As long as it fits the atmosphere of the mod, I think that it will be accepted ^_^

2.) If there is a Character(s) that someone would like to use, but is not currently in the MA Mod, would you be open to discussion in regards to adding the Character(s)?

I think as long as the person were to assist with the character creation, it should work out.  That seems to be what's happening with the Adam Warlock story.

3.) I'd actually be interested in seeing a Villain (C - Lister at best) be the main Character of a Story, is this something that you would be open to discussion about? (I actually haven't decided which Character I'd want to use for this yet though.)

That would be neat to see!

BentonGrey

Hey CB, some good questions.  I'd love to see you have a little something story-wise in the mod to go with all the rest of your work that has helped to make it happen!  :D

I think Spyder is pretty much on track here, but let me make it official:

1) Original ideas are not only allowed but encouraged! Nothing I've done yet is an exact adaptation, though I don't have anything against such.  It's just tough to do an exact adaptation in FF.  Both types of stories are entirely welcome.  I would want folks to run their idea by me just to make sure, but I imagine that you and I have pretty similar tastes.

2) Absolutely.  I'm in character adding mode at the moment, so now is a good time to get new characters on the roster.  Before too long I'm going to put out an open poll for who folks think needs to be added (since I'm not as familiar with Marvel and haven't spent years working on this, unlike the DCUG).  In the meantime, if you settle on a story you'd like to tell, just send me a list of resources, and any HFs you'd like me to consider, and I'll see what I can do!

3) Ha, I think that would be great!  I have Dr. Doom adventure that I'd really love to get to, but I don't think I'm going to have time, so I'd love to have something like that, especially with an underdog villain.  Y'all know how much I love underdogs!

In general, if you can't make a solid commitment, that's alright.  I'm designing this whole project to be modular, for folks to just be able to plug their own stories and characters in, so just because you can't get it done by release day doesn't mean it can't be part of the mod in the end!
God Bless

Amazo Version 2.2

thanx for being so supportive benton, i really do appreciate it.

2 things, i think cyber has a link to ez script stuff  here:

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Freedom_Force_Resources/info

and second, if there is a character i would like to use, but i don't think exists, do you have anyone that would step up and create it? thanx again for taking the time too answer my questions.
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

BentonGrey

Thanks guys!  I'll put those links in my posts.

Amazo, hey man, I love helping folks tell stories through FF!  You're very welcome!

Do you mean in terms of art assets?  My guess is that 1, almost everyone and everything has been done by this point, and 2, if not, someone would likely be willing to help out.
God Bless

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Amazo Version 2.2 on July 21, 2015, 02:56:01 PM
thanx for being so supportive benton, i really do appreciate it.

Benton is definitely the man. :thumbup:

Quote from: Amazo Version 2.2 on July 21, 2015, 02:56:01 PM
if there is a character i would like to use, but i don't think exists, do you have anyone that would step up and create it? thanx again for taking the time too answer my questions.

Since we've already spoken about this, and I know what you want (At least for the one Character), I'm willing to try and Skope it, but we'd still need a Skinner.