News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Marvel Adventures Vol. 2 - New Release!!

Started by BentonGrey, August 14, 2012, 02:32:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spydermann93

Aye, that's a fair point. :P

It's just given that when they feel Thor's hits, they'd start trying to dodge, but to your point, their overconfidence shall be their downfall  :grimreaper

BentonGrey

Quote from: earl of bronze on February 17, 2017, 04:57:56 PM
Quote from: BentonGrey on February 17, 2017, 01:03:07 AM
I'm going to upload a minor update for a few odds and ends I missed soon.  Has anyone encountered any bugs?

I am replaying the Avengers campaign to get to the new mission. I got to the old last mission and suffered a crash when

Spoiler

The Swordsman found Mantis and talked about carving his way thru the blue skinned cowards.

Ok I used Mission_Win() to get past that played the SS mission. Nice but it seems like you wanted to do another mission after that.

EoB, I'm getting no crash there.  Could you be a bit more specific?  Does it crash after that particular line?  What heroes did you bring?  Would you be willing to try it again and post your script.log?
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

earl of bronze

Quote from: BentonGrey on February 23, 2017, 05:09:32 AM
Quote from: earl of bronze on February 17, 2017, 04:57:56 PM
Quote from: BentonGrey on February 17, 2017, 01:03:07 AM
I'm going to upload a minor update for a few odds and ends I missed soon.  Has anyone encountered any bugs?

I am replaying the Avengers campaign to get to the new mission. I got to the old last mission and suffered a crash when

Spoiler

The Swordsman found Mantis and talked about carving his way thru the blue skinned cowards.

Ok I used Mission_Win() to get past that played the SS mission. Nice but it seems like you wanted to do another mission after that.

EoB, I'm getting no crash there.  Could you be a bit more specific?  Does it crash after that particular line?  What heroes did you bring?  Would you be willing to try it again and post your script.log?

Yes it crashed after that line. I brought Wonderman and Miss Marvel. Just tried again with Wasp and Vision and no crash.

BentonGrey

Okay, the problem is probably just a missing head .nif for one of them.  That's a big relief.  I'll check it out and upload a patch soonish.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

BentonGrey

Okay ladies and gents, I have a few minutes this week, and I'm going to put out an update.  What all needs doing? 

-I've tweaked Cobra so the Heroes for Hire mission should be more balanced.
-I've fixed Wonder Man's missing head.nif, so he shouldn't crash any Avengers missions.
-Replaced Readme with updated one.

Am I missing anything? 

:EDIT: Ahh, I remembered something, I need to tweak the AI of the Zodiac troopers so they aren't as grenade happy.  Can anyone tell me how I can change some custom AI to use a power LESS often?  What I've tried clearly hasn't worked.  Alternately, is there a tutorial about that somewhere?

Similarly, how can I make someone fly less.  I want Doom to land to attack, as befits his stature!  :D
God Bless

detourne_me

Re tweaking the AI, im sure you know that putting it further down the list lessons its priority, how about adjust the energy reserve? I forgst the command, but theres something you write to set an energy level that the ai holds off using powers until it saves up energy.  So maybe if the grenades are set at low energy, set the reserve to medium or high and it will try to save up energy fo use the higher intensity powers....

spydermann93

There are a few ways to do it, but I tend to use the "pct" command and re-order all of my powers from most likely considered to least likely considered.

Something like this:
['hydra_officer',
["target enemy",
'weakness_ranged_energy',
'weakness_melee_crushing',
],
["timer", 'auto',
'TUseRemedy()',
"TFleeMelee(mindist='medium',movetype='move',time=3)",
'TFleeMelee(type="any",subtype="emitting_damage",time=3)',
"TRally('hydra_officer hail hydra',type='friend',time=3)",
"TRanged('hydra_officer beam blast',time=3)",
"TRanged('hydra_officer energy barrage',time=3)",
"TMelee('hydra_officer jackboot kick',time=3)",
"TMelee('hydra_officer hydra blow',time=3)",
"TRanged('hydra_officer energy pistol',time=3)",
                "TRangedExplosive('hydra_officer energy grenade',time=3,pct=20)",
'TMoveTo(mindist=\'long\' ,subtype="not emitting_damage",time=3)',
],
],

I moved the grenade to the near bottom and gave it a lower percent chance. This is just a very rough sketch of readjusting the usage of the power, though, so it won't be perfect and it's very simple.

As for Dr Doom, I would guess something like:

['dr_doom',
['subtype',
'metal',
],
["target enemy",
'weakness_ranged_energy',
'weakness_melee_electrical',
'not blanked',
'weakness_melee_crushing',
'weakness_area_electrical',
'weakness_ranged_electrical',
],
["timer", 'auto',
'TFleeMelee(type="any",subtype="emitting_damage",time=0.88)',
'TLand(mindist=100)',
                "TArea('dr_doom electrical field',time=3)",
"TRangedExplosive('dr_doom gauntlet bomb',time=3)",
"TMelee('dr_doom charged gauntlet',time=1.27)",
"TRanged('dr_doom gauntlet blasters',time=3)",
"TRanged('dr_doom lightning generator',time=3.0)",
"TRanged('dr_doom chronal decellerator',time=3)",
"TRanged('dr_doom neuro neutralizer',time=3)",
"TMelee('dr_doom fist of doom',time=1.27)",
"TRanged('dr_doom gauntlet shot',time=3.08)",
'TThrow(pickup_time=2.68,throw_time=2.71)',

'TMoveTo(mindist=\'long\' ,subtype="not emitting_damage",time=0.88)',
],
],

You could give him a mindist parameter for his "Land()," command so that if he's close to an enemy, he plants his feet on the ground and demands everybody supplant to his whims. Like above, very rough idea. Nothing complicated or too interesting.

earl of bronze

laughing paradox

Benton, I'm so glad you got this finished! Congratulations!

This mod is the reason I've started Freedom Force for the first time this year, so I can't wait to get into it.

dudalb

I will try this tonight but have a couple of questions:
I presume this, like other mods,will not replace the original FFVTR campaign.
Any special steps needed to get this to run on the GOG version, which is the one I will be using.

BentonGrey

LP, I'm honored!  I hope that you find it lives up to your expectations!

Dudalb, welcome to the forums!  You presume correctly.  The mod will install to its own folder, specifically, wherever you point the installer.  To get the mod to work for the GOG version, all you'll need to do is point the installer at that directory and it should create a proper shortcut.  I'm afraid the exes won't work for GOG, but you can still change the campaigns manually.  Instructions are in the Readme, and let me know if you have any trouble!
God Bless

dudalb

Does this mod work on the GOG version of FFVTR?
The install program does not create a MA folder.and even though I put the correct path into the Play Marvel Adventure Shortcut, the shortcut refuses to accept as a valid program. When I click the individual advdenture, I get a message saying I do not have the right permissioins to run the program. DOes this only work with the Steam version?

BentonGrey

Howdy Dudalb, it should work on GOG just fine.  You've got to make sure there is an /MA on the end of the install path, or it won't put it in its own directory.  The .exes won't work, as I mentioned, because they're keyed to the Steam path.  There might be a way to change that, but I don't know it.  There should be a shortcut (Play Marvel Adventures) that will automatically be given the right path.  If not, you can go into it's properties and change its target and start in directories.
God Bless

dudalb

I got it to work. seems as if my Anti Virus program REALLY did not like the executes and blocked them. I put them on the exeception list for my ANti Virus, and now the executes for the individual campaigns work fine. Still no luck with the main execute, though,but I can play the game.
Worse came to worse, I could reinstall my steam version ,but I won't have to do that.

Now how about that Dr Strange campaign?

BentonGrey

Yeah, I got a false positive on the FF.exe for some reason on mine as well, but only on my desktop.  It's weird.  Anyway, I'm glad you got it to work!  If you've got the .exes to work, that means that they get installed properly in a new location, which is great!  I didn't know that.  If you've got them working, you don't need the shortcut, because they're all the same, just with a different campaign.

Haha!  Well, maybe one day, in vol. 3.  There were plans once, and I still have an outline.  For a while there was a chance that I could have provided y'all with a campaign written by the great Dr. Mike and modded by me, which would have been utterly incredible, but sadly, the good Doctor has gone on to bigger and better things.  He very kindly helped me develop the outline though and gave me notes which I've saved for a possible future attempt.  In the interim, y'all can dream about what might have been.  There was also someone else talking about doing another Invaders campaign, but that might still happen one day.  I think the mod's all setup for it, so all he'd have to do is release the campaign and missions. :cool:

For that matter, as with the DCUG, everyone is absolutely welcome and encouraged to tell their own stories in MA!  I hope other folks will release some adventures that can be dropped in since I've managed to get such a wide cast of characters created for it. :D
God Bless

BentonGrey

By the way, Spyder, DM, thanks for the help guys!  I know very little about the AI, actually.  I'm fairly certain that my efforts have probably made things worse.  :unsure:  That's really good information, and I didn't know you could just move items down the list.  Is there a tutorial on the AI anywhere?  I probably should know this stuff.
God Bless

spydermann93

The AI section in the FFX3 manual is where I've been getting all of my info from.

BentonGrey

God Bless

spydermann93

dudalb

Throughly enjoying the mod.
One thing I want to do is ,in the Rumble room, pit the Original Marvel CHarecters against their Freedom Force "Clones"...Iron Man vs Manbot, etc.
What makes this mod so approptiate is that it is no secret that the Silver Age style of Jack Kirby was the main visual inspiration for the look of "Freedom Force".
Now I have to give the Gray DC Mod a try, though I am given to understand it is a work in project. I wish it was available as a single download instead of in ten parts, though....

BentonGrey

I'm very glad to hear that Ouflah! 

Yeah, I imagine that the MA characters tend to be more powerful, but the FF characters probably use their powers more effectively.  I'm curious how it turned out!

Yeah, I keep thinking to myself that I need to give the DCUG a new installer that gets rid of that clunky system, but I just sort of feel like I shouldn't mess with it until I'm ready to update the thing, which is a long way away.  Maybe one of these days...
God Bless

style

Hey Big B here is wut I got:

template 'pier' not found in list of building dimensions.
    To detect approximate dimensions, use
    getBuildingDimensions ()
Building_GetDimensions() non-fatal error:
    getBuildingDimensions ()
    getBuildingDimensions ()
    getBuildingDimensions ()
    getBuildingDimensions ()
    getBuildingDimensions ()
    getBuildingDimensions ()
initialising FFQ_initialiseExtras()
Plugin 'firehydrant' OnPostInit() called
Campaign_ReadCharactersFromSavedGame: character <xbeast> has power <xbeast beastly reflexes> with no corresponding powers.dat entry.
Campaign_ReadCharactersFromSavedGame: character <xpolaris> has power <xpolaris metal deconstruction> with no corresponding powers.dat entry.
Campaign_ReadCharactersFromSavedGame: character <xpolaris> has power <xpolaris magnetic imprisonmen> with no corresponding powers.dat entry.
Campaign_ReadCharactersFromSavedGame: character <xdazzler> has power <xdazzler sparkling eye contac> with no corresponding powers.dat entry.
Plugin 'zombie' has no OnPostInit()
Plugin 'freeroam_keepbuildingdamage' OnPostInit() called
Plugin 'm25ai_lowjumper' has no OnPostInit()
Plugin 'm25ai_realitymanipulation' has no OnPostInit()
Plugin 'cutscene_power' has no OnPostInit()
Plugin 'm25enc_opendoor' has no OnPostInit()
Plugin 'm25enc_simplechoice' has no OnPostInit()
The Ultimate Fan!

BentonGrey

That's the whole thing, Style?  Hmm.

So folks, Style is getting a black screen on Thor mission 2 and 3.  Is anyone else experiencing that?

I'm headed to a conference tomorrow morning, so I'll be out of pocket for a bit.  I'll give this a look when I get back.  Sorry you're having troubles, Style!
God Bless

Ozymandiasveis

Gotta say I'm loving it so far!!!!!!!!

BentonGrey

I'm really happy to hear that, Ozy!  Any particular bits that stand out to you?

Style, I've got good news!  I had some time after my conference and was able to test Thor.  I got the same issue, and I realized out that...I forgot to add unfade commands in the first four or five missions!  Ha, I have no idea how that happened, because I tested the entire darn thing before I released it.  Weirdly, sometimes EZS will unfade automatically, sometimes it won't.  For whatever reason, I guess it had done it automatically when I was testing these missions.  Nonetheless, the fix is very simple.  When I get home I'll upload a new version with all the fixes we've been talking about here.  I'll probably have it up tomorrow.  Sorry about that!

Did you ever find any help for the pink texture issue?
God Bless

BentonGrey

Okay gents, after WAY too long for such a small set of updates, I've got an updated version of the mod uploaded.  This includes all of the fixes discussed here, missing textures, Thor missions, etc. 

You can get the new version here:
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/marvel-adventures/

I'll try to put together a discrete set of changes in a patch, but I don't know when I'll have time for that.  In the meantime, the whole thing is updated, so I hope that will be usable for folks.

Also, would some of y'all be willing to head on over to my ModDB page and rate the mod, maybe even leave short review?  Apparently a lot of folks are looking at it, but no-one is downloading it.  I imagine some positive press, so to speak, might help with that.  :)
http://www.moddb.com/mods/marvel-adventures
God Bless

spydermann93

Consider yourself critique'd *snootily sips tea*

BentonGrey

Haha, that's great, Spyder!  Thanks so much, man!  I really appreciate you taking the time to do that in the first place, but I'm especially grateful for the wonderful review you gave my little project.  Thank you most sincerely, my friend!  :D
God Bless

spydermann93

Quote from: BentonGrey on June 06, 2017, 12:29:46 AM
Haha, that's great, Spyder!  Thanks so much, man!  I really appreciate you taking the time to do that in the first place, but I'm especially grateful for the wonderful review you gave my little project.  Thank you most sincerely, my friend!  :D

Just being honest :P

You've done tremendous work and I adore all of your mods. The stories are fun, the enemies are challenging, the balance is fair but still leans towards representing the characters as they are in the comics, and the fact that you make several campaigns for one mod adds a LOT of replayability to each one.

Just a shame that :ffvstr: isn't more popular so others can see it.

Mentlegen-23

:angry:

I'm having trouble using the "Start in:" and "Target:" directory paths.

Can someone please help me with this?

The path to the ffvttr.exe is
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich"