News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Marvel Adventures Vol. 2 - New Release!!

Started by BentonGrey, August 14, 2012, 02:32:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunati

Quote from: BentonGrey on November 04, 2018, 04:51:17 AM
Darn it! 

The issue is that this is an FF1 map, and I'm not sure which debris textures it uses OR where the debris pieces are to check.  I thought I had that one.  Bah!

Good news about Iceman...finally!  :P

Lunati, thanks for the troubleshooting and the patience!  I appreciate both!  I'll see what I can do about this when I get some time.

Hi Benton,

Found any time yet? I do have played the X-men Mansion level again, and well, ignoring the pink debris (looks like the same square that is in the blue pool at the back of the mansion) gets harder when the building collapses (lost of fighting going on, I can't influence ;-) ).

I do have some time to go play this one, with the holidays coming up.

kind regards,
Lunati

BentonGrey

Howdy Lunati!  I'm afraid it's been crazy busy for me, and the little time I've had, I've been spending working on the DCUG.  However, I took a few minutes just now and tried to hunt down the texture once more, and I MAY have it.  I'm not sure, though.  I'll try to give it a test tomorrow.  If you'll PM me your email address, I can send you the textures, you can try them out, and let me know.

I also tracked down a new .exe maker which will hopefully have less issues than the one I've been using, so I'll create some new .exes for the next update.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Lunati

Incredible Bulk

Sith Prime

Jimaras8

Benton, if you have the time i would appreciate the dm as well. Also, i know i sound like a broken record but i have something that i have promised you for anwhile in your inbox  :D

Lunati

Quote from: BentonGrey on December 16, 2018, 12:50:48 AM
Howdy Lunati!  I'm afraid it's been crazy busy for me, and the little time I've had, I've been spending working on the DCUG.  However, I took a few minutes just now and tried to hunt down the texture once more, and I MAY have it.  I'm not sure, though.  I'll try to give it a test tomorrow.  If you'll PM me your email address, I can send you the textures, you can try them out, and let me know.

Hi Benton and other testers,

Is doesn't look like the texture is the right one, at least it did not work for me. Just played it for a bit with the X-Mansion level. See below for what I did, since the folders weren't all existent on my PC.

• MA/Art/Library/Area_specific/_textures (guess the Ar was a typo) - this one was easy to find and copy/paste the texture into.
  • The folder _textures_X_mansion doesn't exist, I did find a similar folder called _textures_x-mansion so I put the file there.

Doing the above did not work though, it all still looks like very pink debris ;-).
So are any of the other testers having better luck with this new texture to fix the pink in the X-Men Mansion level?

BentonGrey

Howdy Luanti.  I got your email, sorry for the slow response, but I was waiting until I had time and something to tell you, and I've had not much of the former and none of the latter! :P

You put the textures in the right place...apparently they just aren't the right textures, which means I am officially out of ideas.  I don't know what freaking texture the debris object uses, and I don't know what the darn object is either, or I could check it. 

Does anyone know what the debris bolder object is called or where it is?  I know there was a how-to posted years about about how to make FF2 use the FF1 debris, which would probably point us in the right direction, but I don't know where that is either.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

Lunati

:thumbup: pinking issue rubble of X-Mansion fixed with this solution I got in the mail:
The actual rubble objects seem to be in that folder, and it would make sense for them to use textures in the FX textures folder. Unpack the contents of this zip (fx_levels.zip was an attatchement in the mail, don't know how to add files here do not see an option for that, could you, Benton, post that one here for others with the same issue?) and place the three folders in your MA/art/library/fx/fx_levels folder.  They really shouldn't be needed, but just maybe that's the issue.

Yes this was the issue! Played the whole mission through. Nice level design and thanks for all the effort you put into this!

The pink life preserver wasn't that much of an issue, since most of my fights took place in front of the mansion.

Borgaster

Hello, i have the Gog version of FFv3R and when i installed the mod i tried modify the way for " Play Marvel Adventuers " in properties but  it just launches the normal game. Someone know what exactly i have to change in these lines of the  launcher ?

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Freedom Force vs. the 3rd Reich\ffvt3r.exe" -game MA -log

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Freedom Force vs. the 3rd Reich"

BentonGrey

Howdy Borgaster.  When you installed to your GOG directory, the launchers should have been updated automatically, I think.

Either way, you just replace this bit: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Freedom Force vs. the 3rd Reich" in the launcher with the data-path for your GOG installation of  :ffvstr:.  So, it should look something like: "C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Galaxy\Games\Freedom Force vs. the 3rd Reich", if you're using Galaxy.  Leave the stuff on the end alone, or it won't launch the mod.
God Bless

Borgaster

BentonGrey, i dont use Galaxy  and the way for my game is C:\GOG Games\Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich. I tried modified the way for the mod but launches only the normal game but not the mod. Pulp Adventures( for example) works perfect.

BentonGrey

And you did install this to your GOG directory initially? 

And you kept the tags at the end of the datapath?  Yours should look like this:
Quote"C:\GOG Games\Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reichffvt3r.exe" -game MA -log
God Bless

Borgaster

BentonGrey, i tried make this but don't work. Is possible you create a launcher for users that have Gog version of the game in your mods?Anyway, thank you for your attention.

spydermann93

Yeah, it's possible. I have the GoG versions and they run fine for me.

Your shortcut should look like this:

Target: "C:\GOG Games\Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich\ffvt3r.exe" -game MA -log

Start in: "C:\GOG Games\Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich\MA\..\"

Make sure you include those quotation marks and make sure the "MA" phrase is EXACTLY how your mod folder is spelled.

For example, if you folder was called "MarvelAdventures" it would look like this:

Target: "C:\GOG Games\Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich\ffvt3r.exe" -game MarvelAdventures -log

Start in: "C:\GOG Games\Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich\MarvelAdventures\..\"

Borgaster

Thank you for your help spydermann93 and now the mod works great  :thumbup: :ffvstr:

Lt. Vulture

Bentongrey, I just installed your Marvel Adventures mod last night, and I can't seem to get it to work.  Every .exe I try (Xmen, Thor, etc) just loads the regular FFv3R game.  Some of the .exe files (Iron Man, SHIELD) I get a message saying it was made with unlicensed software and they refuse to run.

Any idea what's going on?

spydermann93

If I remember correctly, those executables just swap the campaigns out for you.

You can do that manually by:

1) Remove the campdef.dat file in your MA folder.
2) Open the MA/campaigns folder
3) Copy the campaign you want to play from your MA/campaigns folder into the MA folder.
4) Rename the campaign file to campdef.dat. For example, if you wanted to play the Avengers campaign, you'd copy the AVENGERScampdef.dat to campdef.dat.
5) Launch Marvel Adventures like you normally would and start a new campaign.

BentonGrey

That's right, Spyder, and thanks!

Lt. Vulture, what that says to me is that your shortcut isn't set up properly or you have MA installed in the wrong directory.  Do you have the mod installed in its own folder within your  :ffvstr: directory?  Is there just a regular shortcut in your MA fold?  If so, right click on it and select "Properties."  In the "Target" box, it should have an entry with your FF directory, plus a tag on the end that points to the mod:
Quote"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Freedom Force vs. the 3rd Reich\ffvt3r.exe" -game MA -log

Do you have all that?

:EDIT: Ohh!  And for the exes giving you that warning, does it also give you a choice in the dialog box?  If so, just click 'okay' or whatever.  That's just an artifact of the batch file creator I used, and it shouldn't hurt anything.
God Bless

Lt. Vulture

Hey Bentongrey, I got MA working.  I had to do sypdermann93's suggestion of renaming the campdef.dat.  Works just fine, and I'm playing the Avengers mod right now!

BentonGrey

I'm glad that worked, but the exes didn't work for you?  Hmm.  That's concerning to me.
God Bless

Cyber Burn

I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but are there any more pinking issues rearing their ugly heads?

BentonGrey

I haven't done much testing, but your edits have helped a lot.  We had an issue where a lot of the new skins were not yet converted, but we got that fixed.  In theory, there shouldn't be too much pinking.

I don't know if I told you this or not, but I don't have that issue in the DCUG.  I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that most of the meshes are in the Art/Custom_characters folder instead of the usual directory.
God Bless

OmegaX123

My antivirus (and VirusTotal, nearly half of their antiviruses) is picking up something in all of the exe's that install with the mod. Now I'm sure they could be just false positives, and I know that even if they're actual positives they're probably not intentional on your part (someone maybe hacked your site and uploaded a bad version or something), but I thought you, both BentonGrey and the others here, ought to know about it.

spydermann93

They're false positives. They just move and rename your campaign files around.

BentonGrey

Thanks for communicating with us, Omega, but Spyder is right.  I note this in the Readme, but it's still a scary thign to see your antivirus program ping those exes!  I built them myself, though, so there's no chance of them being infected.  Antivirus programs just don't like what they do, as they edit and move files around in the background (copying and renaming your campdef.dat in the mod folder).  If that still makes you nervous, feel free to delete them and use the manual instructions for changing campaigns.  You'll find those in the readme.  I hope you enjoy the mod!
God Bless

gabrielyuri8

:ffvstr:
so, I have the pirated game because I don't want to buy the game, because I only play with the mod MARVEL Adventures I never played without mods or with another mod I was even thinking about looking for new mods but I'm lazy, anyway I tried to install the new version of MARVEL Adventures there nothing new appeared in the game the same things as version 2.2 what do i have to do to appear new things?
sorry for the big text.

BentonGrey

Hello Gabrielyuri, and welcome to the community.  I'm afraid that if you want to get help and participate in the community, most of us would want you to support this incredible game and buy a legitimate copy.  It's only, at most, $5 these days, and worth every cent. 
God Bless

Jimaras8

I dont know if GOG is still up but if it is you can find the game there for a ridiculously low price. I highly recommend it so you can give the devs some love. Trust me, its worth it. Theyxlearly threw an immense amount of comic book love into those two game.

Also Benton did you get my latest dm?

gabrielyuri8

Quote from: BentonGrey on May 03, 2020, 02:46:45 AM
Hello Gabrielyuri, and welcome to the community.  I'm afraid that if you want to get help and participate in the community, most of us would want you to support this incredible game and buy a legitimate copy.  It's only, at most, $5 these days, and worth every cent.

ok, i will see my aunt if she gives me a copy on my birthday. But then, there are a lot of pop culture mods like movie mods, TV series mods, comic book mods, not just MARVEL / DC like the conventional, for example:
Transformers, Matrix, Power Rangers, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Ghostbusters, Back To The Future, among many others, with links working in 2020? with new campaigns, heroes, foes, powers, abilities, among others. Is there a website in 2020 where I can find mods of this type? (no offense but apart from their mods I liked them a lot but I think I could play Freedom Force with their mods and more!)

P.s .: I like to play with mods because the game seems a little generic without the mods. (nothing against this wonderful game)

spydermann93