Please login or register.

Login with email, password and session length

News:

Happy Holidays!

Author Topic: Marvel Adventures Vol. 2 - New Release!!  (Read 36534 times)

Offline BentonGrey

• Titans
    • The Greylands
Re: Marvel Adventures Vol. 2 - New Release!!
« Reply #390 on: May 04, 2020, 03:13:00 AM »
Yeah, it's definitely worth getting the game, and you'll have more stability with a legitimate version.

As Spyder has said, there are actually a ton of great mods out there, most still available.  You can find my own Ghostbusters mod on my site, along with my TMNT mod. 
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

There are also art assets (meshes, skins, etc) out there for a lot of the other characters you're interested in.  If you are looking for something in particular, feel free to post in the requests section, and hopefully the community can help you find it.  I don't have much interest in the Power Rangers myself, but I know a lot of folks here like them and have created stuff for them, for example.  Even if there aren't full mods for a particular setting/character, you can probably find stuff to capture them, if you want to.  Also, you can always learn to make your own mods if you have something that you really want to see created.  Ha, that's how I got started, after all!

As for the base game, I highly recommend trying out FFX for  :ff: and  :ffvstr:.  It really improves the already fantastic experience.  You'll find a lot of new options and a lot of cool stuff available with FFX.

In terms of other mods, check out the Transformers mod for  :ff: by Valandar.  It's a wonderful loveletter to the G1 Transformers.  Eventually, if I can manage it, I'm going to try to do some Transformers stuff in my planned 'Saturday Morning Cartoon' mod, but we'll see how that shakes out. 

:EDIT: As for Marvel Adventures, the latest update adds more characters and powers, but it doesn't have new campaigns or missions.  You'll find a list of the new characters on the release page.  Are any of them showing up?  If not, delete your MA folder and reinstall.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 02:39:36 PM by BentonGrey »
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out my DC voicepacks at my yahoo group.
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/bentongrey
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/bentongrey2

Offline videogamersadvocate

« Reply #391 on: July 23, 2020, 05:05:35 PM »
Benton, I just want to say that your Marvel Adventures mod is fantastic. Just a tremendous cast of characters and I've enjoyed using each of them. Also the old school music that plays in the background is terrific. Being a Spiderman geek, the old school intro playing in the background was cool to hear. I also like that your characters have more of an old school feel to them. While I appreciate the movies, I grew up in the 80s and fell in love with the way the Marvel characters like Spiderman were depicted in the comic books during that time and in the past. I used to sneak into my older brother's collection and couldn't stop reading Spiderman. He also had Iron Man, Silver Surfer and X-Men. But Spiderman was my favorite. My uncle used to have a crazy huge collection of different Marvel comics and he could talk about them for days.

Offline BentonGrey

• Titans
    • The Greylands
« Reply #392 on: July 23, 2020, 07:49:10 PM »
Why thanks, VGA, that's precisely what I was going for, that classic, nostalgic feel from my favorite eras of Marvel.  I'm really glad that you've been enjoying the mod! 

I had a similar experience.  My cousin had what I still consider one of the greatest comic runs of all time, Claremont's X-Men, and I got introduced to them at the perfect time, when I was around 15.  I devoured them, and that era will always be close to my heart.  I also grew up with the 90s cartoons, like Spider-Man: TAS and X-Men: TAS, and you'll see evidence of their influence, especially in the versions of my X-Men.  Ha, it's a bit of a strange mixture of 70s/80s and 90s, I'm afraid, but it makes sense to me.  :lol:

Have you tried out any of the campaigns?  What's been your favorite so far?
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

« Reply #393 on: July 24, 2020, 02:27:54 AM »
I have to admit that I am all over the place when it comes to video games. It drives my brother-in-law crazy. But I like a lot of variety.  :lol: So no I haven't had the chance to try out a campaign yet. I have just been doing Rumble Room battles to get more of a feel and comfort with the game's mechanics and controls. In a sense, I'm using Rumble Room as a practice mode so that when I do the campaign, I feel like I really know what I'm doing. Plus it has been fun trying out the different characters that way. But I definitely will get to the campaign soon. More than likely I will try the Avengers one first.

Offline BentonGrey

• Titans
    • The Greylands
« Reply #394 on: July 24, 2020, 02:33:49 AM »
No worries, the game's best feature is the RR, and that's a big part of the fun of my universe mods.
God Bless

Offline Jimaras8

« Reply #395 on: July 24, 2020, 06:49:06 AM »
Glad you enjoyed the mod advocate, Benton pours his heart and soul even though marvel isnt his first preference in terms of costumed fellas  :D.

Btw benton i sent you an email. Would you be interested in an MA update im working on?

« Reply #396 on: July 24, 2020, 09:54:41 PM »
Yeah this mod is really cool. I played some of the Avengers campaign last night and got through the 4th chapter. From what I've played so far, this is very well done. The story is well put together, I like the way that characters unlock as you go and how you have flexibility where you can add whatever available characters you want into the free slots before each chapter. So if I did another playthrough, I would be able to have a bit of a difference experience by using other characters. Gameplay wise, I like that there is a mixture of objectives from battles and protecting something to rescues and shutting something down. So the fact that there are multiple campaigns along with all of the characters makes for a tremendous package.