News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Ugh...

Started by RTTingle, August 14, 2012, 03:52:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RTTingle

So while home sick and bored... I tried out Champions Online again.  Couldn't stand it for more than 5 minutes.  The whole gold to silver conversion, lack of descriptions for the new archetypes I had to chose from and the character creator was a huge pain in the arse.  I was so frustrated I deleted the one saved character I did have from way back because I didn't care to come back.

So, was I in a bad mood from being sick or is it really just that damn user unfriendly?

BlueBard

Dunno.  I haven't been in CO for awhile.  If it's anything like what's going on in Star Trek Online, they're probably "helping" and introducing new features.

Don't get me wrong, I like STO, but sometimes Cryptic changes things that don't look like they need changed.  They always have reasons, but they're not always immediately obvious to the players.  Not to mention people don't like changes to things they're used to. 

It may also have something to do with the newest code merge across their games.  Don't know when CO last integrated, but STO just integrated back in June.
STO/CO: @bluegeek

UnkoMan

I have the lifetime subscription, and I don't find it user unfriendly at all... but I have been checking it out every time they do an update, and I am super well versed in the character creator at this point (in fact most of my time is making new characters).
I only make freeform though. The archetypes just aren't as good to me. There is a fairly decent description of them all though, and you can view the entire power progression. I don't remember if each power displays the stats in creator though. I don't think so. I know what they all do already.

But the costume creator is amazing. It takes a bit of time to get used to the dropdowns, finding which part where, but once you do it's great. Of course, they keep going through random staff changes, so some things are in one spot and other versions of it are in another, which is weird and could be totally frustrating to a new user. I wish they would get around to consolidating all their stuff.

This is the main issue with CO in general. There's bits and pieces of things that are all unfinished, and then new people come on and have new ideas and start new things and never finish them. See Nemesis missions.