The Litterbox site update thread

Started by SickAlice, August 14, 2012, 11:18:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BentonGrey

No worries at all, man.  Stuff happens.  :)
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

SickAlice

Updating my site. As it happens I am on a new computer, whenever I do that it screws up the directories on my website template do to having new directories on a new hard drive. I don't see it until I do but what happens is when I insert a new image into a page it shuffles others and on certain pages an old image will be replaced with the wrong one. There's no workaround so I have to basically find each one that happens and manually put a fresh image with a new file name in it's place. I caught three of them now, also noticed Amy Rose was simply gone from that page, anyways if anyone notices any are wrong feel free to report them here so I can get them fixed. Thanks.

SickAlice

Just two things to get and to get the second out of the way. In the process of updating the site to my new hard drive I'm just going to overhaul the whole thing. I'm not a hundred percent of what it's going to look like, still drafting all that but the aim is something a little easier for people to navigate as opposed to the lazy slop together thing I tend to do.

The other is my eye, which is my left. I'm going to give people the excuse often that my vision is impaired and that requests are going to take longer than usual. As it was I thought I had pink eye, something that clears up quick. Turns out it's a little more difficult. I have a condition I was born with and basically my immune system attacks the good cells in my body, doesn't know the difference between them and a disease. That results in bad tissue and infection in turn. I've spent enough time having surgeries and doing more radical guinea pigging that I tend to write "Career Patient" on my hospital forms in the job section as a sarcastic joke. Anyways recently I had one of those masses on my face below the right eye and what this is is that the infection moved to my eye, so adding the COVID situation with the hospitals in Arizona this is going to be an ongoing thing for awhile as I'm basically trying to resolve it with a medicine regimen and patience. If it doesn't work I'll have to go have surgery of course though I would like to avoid that at all costs given the state of affairs at the hospitals here, namely I do not want to go to COVID ground zero and risk getting that. With my lame immune system I wouldn't survive it. So just so no one is offended or thinks I'm blowing them off. As it is the infection impairs my eyesight and makes me sensitive to light, I wear sand goggles now in sunlight even. It also burns so I only keep my eyes open or look at a thing or likewise read for limited periods of time before resting again. Hopefully that clears some things up (not my eye of course, pun intended).

spydermann93

Yikes, SA! That sucks!

If worse comes to worst, you could get a robotic eye and give it cool colors and stuff. Or you could go for the classic eye patch.

Podmark

That's rough SA. Here's hoping it gets better.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

SickAlice

Ty, very much hoping. If it doesn't next stop is my brain so surgery has to happen. It might sound odd but living with a condition that doesn't rattle me, just going to a big city Arizona hospital right now with the virus there and stuff. And yeah, I've asked for robotic implants before. Once I asked if they would take me from the pelvis down, they're were reconstructing it anyways see, and replace it with a ride on snow plow so I could make a fortune plowing snow even when I was asleep. "We do not do that sort of thing here" lol. Guess they didn't appreciate my humor. On the plus side they put me under quick to get me to shut up and stop quoting Monty Python.

daglob

Y'know, if you had the cybereye implanted, you could use an eye-patch too,and wouldn't have to worry if the eye didn't look human...

spydermann93

I'd be showing off my cybernetic eye if I had one. Better than a flesh hole (unless you're going for that undead look).

Hope everything turns out well for you, SA!

SickAlice

Like I said it's a weird thing. I've had worse, I have to have surgery on my tailbone on and off. Tailbone > eye, I guess if that makes sense. Then the times we're living in. COVID > any of my problems. Recent events especially sort of realigned my perceptions. Else it's something I lived with since my mid-twenties about so I'll get by just explaining why I'm going to be a bit timely is all.

And hey, cybernetic and and cybernetic eye-patch. How about that? Go big or go home. Seriously where are our cyborg body parts? I could care less about flying cars, people can't drive the ones on the ground well enough as it is but man I really wanted an arm that made all sorts of obnoxious machine sound effects and had a spotlight in the finger so I can find my way to the toilet in the early hours you know? All we got was Netflix.

windblown

I hope your eye gets better soon and you don't need to go to the hospital SA.

SickAlice

Thanks. It seems to be. I do have to go to a hospital eventually, I need surgery on my tailbone but again weighing the options, eh, I'll suffer. Just too risky to go into an Arizona hospital right now if you ask me. And again I'm not bumming about it believe me. Just can't with everything else going on. I won't go to in depth mainly because it's a violation of the privacy clause but I'm on and off providing therapy online right now for people traumatized by COVID, particularly local nurse and EMT's. Man the extent of the horror these people are living through, well I'm the fortunate one here let's just put it that way and I'm not turning a blind eye, no pun intended, to the grace in that.

SickAlice

For my bday I want people to try and do one nice thing for themselves and especially those who feel unappreciated or abused.
Do this for yourselves if for no reason than to contest them.

SickAlice

So the site is just floating. Work behind the scenes and I went into a bit but otherwise I've been very busy, more than I think anyone would want to read about but not a lot of down time is the bottom line and still yet working to get to that point again. Just had surgery on my face yesterday, mentioned a problem with the eye and such earlier. More surgery to come but for this stuff it impairs my vision and ability to concentrate so more delays in addition to the work I have outside of this to do. Old requests and such are still on the hard drive and not forgotten and will processed as I'm able. The fall is usually when I have more downtime and become more productive. Right now I have a tentative six month deadline to land in another house and city to prep for the market, that's set out two to three years from the start which will then open up more free time for this stuff in turn.

Otherwise just posting this here because I couldn't think of where else to but, if you know me and a certain silly obsession of mine it just felt like I had to share this thing I came across online here on this site.

BentonGrey

Hey SA, no worries man, we'll be here when things calm down for you.  I hope everything with the surgeries goes well and that it improves things for you.

Haha!  That's very weird and funny!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

SickAlice

I managed to chat with some people here and there and there's a culture behind this chicken stuff akin to the modder culture we're part of. Else it's such a funny thing, I go through this grind as I imagine most do just to try and get to the point I can settle down and work on my art/hobbies/enjoying life. This world can be such a nuisance when it comes to that and needlessly if you ask me.

daglob

We have a chicken mesh... I wonder how much trouble it would be to Blenderize some Hulk arms for it...

SickAlice

Wouldn't be too difficult. I worked the native chicken mesh to male and female meshes and vice-versa. They have roughly the same bones just squished into different positions when you take them apart. Wouldn't have much in the way of finger movements, not much of that in the chicken animation but else just lopping off the wings and grafting a muscular weighted arms wouldn't be complicated.

SickAlice

Found page fix requests. Note if you catch any bugs feel free to report them to me here or re-direct anyone that is elsewhere. I don't catch all of them and my used program is pretty hinky. Else you may have to hit Refresh if you visit the updated pages to see the updates if you've visited them before.

- Fixed links on Index page.
- Fixed incorrect preview images on Fantastic 4, Marvel and TMNT pages.
- added missing nifs and previews to the following:
  - Ahab to X-Men page 1.
  - Dr. Spectrum (Nenet), The Goddess, Gwenpool and Totally Awesome Hulk to the Marvel page.
  - Rhino (Hulk issue#378), Silk, Spider-Gwen, Spider-man All New, Spider-man 2099 All New and Spider-man Teen CA Civil War to the Spider-man page.
  - Dr. Doom 2099 and Sue Storm V.2 to the Fantastic Four page.

DoctorRuina

Marvelous SickAlice! Interesting characters as ever!

SickAlice

Can't wait to get back in the swing speaking of. I have so many say at 90% on my hard drive. Always that manual setting of the keyframes holding it all up, it's tedious and I feel I'm travelling back in time a few years to my desk in Advanced Polynomials. I should work out the glitches pretty quickly on the site from here out, my web builder files don't play well with being moved from one system to another is all.

BentonGrey

Haha, I know what it's like to have nearly finished projects sitting around.  You can do it, SA!
God Bless

SickAlice

Still around so it doesn't look like I vanished. Everything is still being worked. Just lost another and another to the Big C yesterday so that's tying me up between helping who is left behind and getting things for the services of course. Sixth one in less then a month now for me. I haven't even had time to process any of it. Anyways just so the update was made.

deanjo2000

That's terrible, I'm so sorry for your loss.
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/da3a3y1ac4uqp/FreedoForce

"sorry she couldn`t wait" superman to wonderman jla/avengers.

BentonGrey

Oh man, SA, I'm so sorry.  That is a lot of loss to deal with way too quickly.  I'll keep you and yours in my prayers.
God Bless

Randomdays

Condolences from here as well. It seems we're surrounded these days, and with Covid, we can add another Big "C" affecting us well.

Hang in there and know that besides close friends and family, there are people who'll listen here as well.

SickAlice

Thanks everyone, hard times for all for sure. When I can definitely look out and know many have it so much worse. Even in my inner circle I'm nowadays the one with the most stability and coming out on top which is pretty alien to me. And I'm coping by the way. It's just a lot of weight. I am reluctant to live in a forest on a lake away from the pollution and people problems, pretty far out of the viruses reach for that matter. I find myself solace in the animals here. Some raccoons, fox and doe that visit me for treats. Same as before otherwise, if all else fails I'll get in gear on FF stuff by fall at the latest. I'm in the North now so the weather pretty much will lock me down for the season. Else I hope good moments are finding you all when and where they can.

BentonGrey

Sounds like a good situation, SA.  Every day I feel more and more like chucking it all and heading to a cabin in the woods to escape the madness of the moment.   :P  That's cool that you've got some animal company.  We've got deer who come into our yard pretty often, and we had a fox in our neighborhood over the summer.
God Bless

SickAlice

It is. I worked hard to make it so, I've worked and lived in much of the named cities you can think of west of route 66. Old the rough ones and such. I do have the advantage of the family biz being house and land development which in turn affords me the opportunity to have lived in many serene locations. And you should absolutely do that I think, it's just worth it. So I suppose I should probably share some photos of the current home then. Mind you this is a vast lot, there's a 2nd that's pretty much untouched to date forest to go through yet as well (ugh, work!).

naitvalis

Very beautiful S.A.! do you have disposed that raccoons manually?