Please login or register.

Login with email, password and session length

News:

Happy Holidays!

Author Topic: The Litterbox site update thread  (Read 26625 times)

Offline BentonGrey

• Titans
    • The Greylands
Re: The Litterbox site update thread
« Reply #240 on: May 31, 2020, 04:20:53 AM »
No worries at all, man.  Stuff happens.  :)
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out my DC voicepacks at my yahoo group.
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/bentongrey
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/bentongrey2

Offline SickAlice

• One-Eyed Willy
  • I'm of a mind to make some mookie.
    • The Litterbox aka MeanJellybean
« Reply #241 on: June 21, 2020, 06:40:15 PM »
Updating my site. As it happens I am on a new computer, whenever I do that it screws up the directories on my website template do to having new directories on a new hard drive. I don't see it until I do but what happens is when I insert a new image into a page it shuffles others and on certain pages an old image will be replaced with the wrong one. There's no workaround so I have to basically find each one that happens and manually put a fresh image with a new file name in it's place. I caught three of them now, also noticed Amy Rose was simply gone from that page, anyways if anyone notices any are wrong feel free to report them here so I can get them fixed. Thanks.

Offline SickAlice

• One-Eyed Willy
« Reply #242 on: July 09, 2020, 11:29:50 AM »
Just two things to get and to get the second out of the way. In the process of updating the site to my new hard drive I'm just going to overhaul the whole thing. I'm not a hundred percent of what it's going to look like, still drafting all that but the aim is something a little easier for people to navigate as opposed to the lazy slop together thing I tend to do.

The other is my eye, which is my left. I'm going to give people the excuse often that my vision is impaired and that requests are going to take longer than usual. As it was I thought I had pink eye, something that clears up quick. Turns out it's a little more difficult. I have a condition I was born with and basically my immune system attacks the good cells in my body, doesn't know the difference between them and a disease. That results in bad tissue and infection in turn. I've spent enough time having surgeries and doing more radical guinea pigging that I tend to write "Career Patient" on my hospital forms in the job section as a sarcastic joke. Anyways recently I had one of those masses on my face below the right eye and what this is is that the infection moved to my eye, so adding the COVID situation with the hospitals in Arizona this is going to be an ongoing thing for awhile as I'm basically trying to resolve it with a medicine regimen and patience. If it doesn't work I'll have to go have surgery of course though I would like to avoid that at all costs given the state of affairs at the hospitals here, namely I do not want to go to COVID ground zero and risk getting that. With my lame immune system I wouldn't survive it. So just so no one is offended or thinks I'm blowing them off. As it is the infection impairs my eyesight and makes me sensitive to light, I wear sand goggles now in sunlight even. It also burns so I only keep my eyes open or look at a thing or likewise read for limited periods of time before resting again. Hopefully that clears some things up (not my eye of course, pun intended).

Offline spydermann93

« Reply #243 on: July 09, 2020, 05:16:10 PM »
Yikes, SA! That sucks!

If worse comes to worst, you could get a robotic eye and give it cool colors and stuff. Or you could go for the classic eye patch.

Offline Podmark

• meow
    • Hero Force
« Reply #244 on: July 09, 2020, 11:05:33 PM »
That's rough SA. Here's hoping it gets better.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Offline SickAlice

• One-Eyed Willy
« Reply #245 on: July 10, 2020, 04:40:47 AM »
Ty, very much hoping. If it doesn't next stop is my brain so surgery has to happen. It might sound odd but living with a condition that doesn't rattle me, just going to a big city Arizona hospital right now with the virus there and stuff. And yeah, I've asked for robotic implants before. Once I asked if they would take me from the pelvis down, they're were reconstructing it anyways see, and replace it with a ride on snow plow so I could make a fortune plowing snow even when I was asleep. "We do not do that sort of thing here" lol. Guess they didn't appreciate my humor. On the plus side they put me under quick to get me to shut up and stop quoting Monty Python.

Offline daglob

• Shape-Shifting Silly-Putty Android
  • Da Glob
« Reply #246 on: July 10, 2020, 03:28:56 PM »
Y'know, if you had the cybereye implanted, you could use an eye-patch too,and wouldn't have to worry if the eye didn't look human...

Offline spydermann93

« Reply #247 on: July 10, 2020, 05:48:56 PM »
I'd be showing off my cybernetic eye if I had one. Better than a flesh hole (unless you're going for that undead look).

Hope everything turns out well for you, SA!

Offline SickAlice

• One-Eyed Willy
« Reply #248 on: July 11, 2020, 05:33:48 AM »
Like I said it's a weird thing. I've had worse, I have to have surgery on my tailbone on and off. Tailbone > eye, I guess if that makes sense. Then the times we're living in. COVID > any of my problems. Recent events especially sort of realigned my perceptions. Else it's something I lived with since my mid-twenties about so I'll get by just explaining why I'm going to be a bit timely is all.

And hey, cybernetic and and cybernetic eye-patch. How about that? Go big or go home. Seriously where are our cyborg body parts? I could care less about flying cars, people can't drive the ones on the ground well enough as it is but man I really wanted an arm that made all sorts of obnoxious machine sound effects and had a spotlight in the finger so I can find my way to the toilet in the early hours you know? All we got was Netflix.

Offline windblown

« Reply #249 on: July 12, 2020, 11:41:07 PM »
I hope your eye gets better soon and you don't need to go to the hospital SA.

Offline SickAlice

• One-Eyed Willy
« Reply #250 on: July 13, 2020, 02:35:08 PM »
Thanks. It seems to be. I do have to go to a hospital eventually, I need surgery on my tailbone but again weighing the options, eh, I'll suffer. Just too risky to go into an Arizona hospital right now if you ask me. And again I'm not bumming about it believe me. Just can't with everything else going on. I won't go to in depth mainly because it's a violation of the privacy clause but I'm on and off providing therapy online right now for people traumatized by COVID, particularly local nurse and EMT's. Man the extent of the horror these people are living through, well I'm the fortunate one here let's just put it that way and I'm not turning a blind eye, no pun intended, to the grace in that.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 02:53:02 PM by SickAlice »

Offline SickAlice

• One-Eyed Willy
« Reply #251 on: September 23, 2020, 06:03:17 PM »
For my bday I want people to try and do one nice thing for themselves and especially those who feel unappreciated or abused.
Do this for yourselves if for no reason than to contest them.