News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Odnd goblin recolor

Started by bearded, September 06, 2012, 11:56:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bearded

i dont know the original artist, maybe Jeff Dee? i took the black and white in psp, used simple colors with wet paint effect and 50 percent luminous.

hoss20

I actually have the original AD&D Monster Manual that this illustration came from. Below its right foot and toward the midline of its body are the initials D A T. I'm sure they were hard to make out from the image you had, Bearded. Anyway, I checked the credits in the book and the artist was D. A. Trampier. You mentioned Jeff Dee and I used to enjoy seeing his work. He had a sort of sharp, comic book style that I really liked. In fact, I believe he did the cover for the Villains & Vigilantes RPG game.

All that being said, I like what you've done. It kind of brings it to life. Hey, if you want more classic D&D stuff to work with, let me know and I'll get my scanner working and send you what you want.

bearded

while i'm wrapping my head around where i'm at with unity and the game engine, i'm playing around with rpg maker, and didn't like any of the goblin sprites, so made my own with this. the coloring looks like someone's kid sister went after the monster manual with her crayons (this actually happened to me), but i like it. anyone you want to scan for me, i will drop in my game. right now i am making low levels, like kobolds, orcs, giant ants, etc.
jeff dee used to offer to draw up characters for people on his site for money, don't know if he still does. i like his minimalist approach to art also.