News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Jumping In

Started by Tawodi Osdi, September 24, 2012, 04:40:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tawodi Osdi

I am in the process of downloading the free version to try the game.  Is there a particular server I should be on to hang with my fellow Freedom Forcers?  I probably won't actually be on that often (full time college, part time substituting, and ministry), but I would still prefer to hang with the home team when I do play.

By the way, the handle is capspectacular.

BlueBard

Champs doesn't have separate servers like CoH did; Cryptic makes heavy use of zone instancing in their games.

There's a Live server and a Test server.  I don't play Champs that often so you'll have to get more details from someone else.
STO/CO: @bluegeek

Tawodi Osdi

To tell the truth, this is my first try at an MMORPG and was just aping the language I heard others used and just assumed it was necessary to be on a particular server.

UnkoMan

Hardly anybody plays this anymore though.
I am online once in a blue moon. I will add you.

BlueBard

Quote from: UnkoMan on September 29, 2012, 12:46:18 AM
Hardly anybody plays this anymore though.
I am online once in a blue moon. I will add you.

Well, with CoH ending Champs might pick up some new or returning players.  Marvel's entry into the fray is probably still a long way off.
STO/CO: @bluegeek

catwhowalksbyhimself

Actually, the current CoH fanbase is strongly opposed to Champions to put it mildly.  Most of the fanbase seems to be heading to The Secret World instead.  Don't mean you won't get a few more though.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

steamteck

Trying it out myself and compared to DCU omline not initially impressed. I stopped after a few minutes myself but will try again. I can't seem to pan around to see my characters front and the movement seems  very clunky as does the interface but maybe I'll get used to it. I really like the champions universe so I hope so.

In DCU online I immerdiately felt really hardcase and super. Hopefully I'll get the feeling here.

I must confess the interface confuses me. I've leveled up several times  but don't know if I need to make decisions or if so how todo anything. do I get to pick new powers etc. I'd really prefer a mouse click attack option.

I seem to have no travel power at first either?

steamteck

After some more play and up to level 12 , I'm a bit more impresssed. Ilike that theworld seems more alive than DCUO in paticular. The Initial confusion is gone and I;m enjoying it quite alot.