News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Resources

Started by Randomdays, November 03, 2012, 10:59:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bearded

wow! textures and sounds also, great find!
what format are those models in?

crimsonquill

I downloaded one of the zip files of models there...

inside the folder it held..

a .dae file
a .mtl file
a .obj file
a .smd file

it had

and 3 .png images with Diffuse, FX, and Normal in their file names.

Edit: I also downloaded one of the larger detailed models.. it also had a .dae, .mtl, and .obj file as well and 12 various .png files of layers and model parts. So it looks to be standard.

- CQ
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

Randomdays

Also seen a couple with blend files. Png sees to be standard.

docdelorean88

Wow! what an amazing find! Heres hoping something comes from this!
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

Randomdays

I plan to use the Kingdom Hearts to do some of the classic Disney characters to make a "Ducktales" sort of set, plus Mickey, Goofy, etc. Hopefully somebody else can do some of the others.

deano_ue

is there a way to view these models without max, i wouldnt mind trying to test my texture mapping on something outside FF

Randomdays

Max, Blender and Milkshape, and maybe Gmax all can work with .obj files. If you just want to work with one as a nif, pick one and I can convert it over in a couple of minutes when I get home. It won't be rigged, but you can see it static in nifskope or character viewer. Rigging would likely take a couple of hours if you you wanted to see it in action.

JKCarrier

Oh, man...somebody please convert that DC Universe Egg Fu!  :thumbup:

Randomdays

I'll take a look at it, see if I can rig it to a male_basic or something.

Randomdays

Downloaded it and checked it out in Blender. About 9000+ polys. Since its on six legs I'll try to rig it to one of the ants or maybe Mojo and see how it acts in game. The upper part is pretty static so I'll probably have the legs being the only thing animated.

Thunder

i would love to have alan scott GL , Hawkman, and Dr. Fate available in the character tool...I don't even care if they move..i just wanna try and skin them

Randomdays

Thunder, uploaded the 3 models you wanted to look at.

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/FF_Swap_Shop/files/temp/

Unrigged. Textures appear either 512x512 or 1024x1024. Converted pngs to tga

Alan Scott and Dr Fate - 2 seperate meshes, one for main body and one for cape. The capes were single layered meshes so I duplicated the polys and flipped the doubles so both sides would be textured. any change on side of the cape would show on the other as well. Only other change I made was I smoothed the polys.

Hawkman is one main mesh - no wings were included. All I did was smooth polys.

Randomdays

JKC - Blender can't work with any of the 6 legged meshes I tried - Dana's beetle, the FF ants, Brood and Mojo. Unless there's something else I can't think of, I won't be able to do the Eggfu.

JKCarrier

Quote from: Randomdays on November 10, 2012, 01:45:57 AM
JKC - Blender can't work with any of the 6 legged meshes I tried - Dana's beetle, the FF ants, Brood and Mojo. Unless there's something else I can't think of, I won't be able to do the Eggfu.

I figured it was a long shot. Thanks for giving it a try!

Randomdays

What I could do, if you wanted it, would be a simple rig from a 4 footed creature - the middle legs would either be static or would be tied to the front or rear leg and would move with it.

okay - very strange. I rigged it to Gren's DDDrew wolf - the four outer legs to the wolf's legs and everything else just to the pelvis. I can see it in nifskope, but nothing in character viewer or character select in game. Its like its invisible.

But in game, appears just fine.

Anyway, its in the temp directory in my yahoo group. Hope you can make sense of it. I changed the run to run1 and the walk to run in the kfs while I was working with it to see how it would move. Easy to change back if you want.

JKCarrier

ElijahSnowFan

Quote from: Randomdays on November 10, 2012, 07:55:00 AM
I can see it in nifskope, but nothing in character viewer or character select in game. Its like its invisible.

But in game, appears just fine.

I can see it in Character Select, and as of 9 a.m. this morning, Chang Tzu has brought his own special brand of villainy to FFvTTR!

Random Days: THANKS FOR DOING THAT! It is freaking awesome! I don't understand 99 percent of the technical things you say, but wow, do you ever make magic with this stuff!  :thumbup:

Randomdays

Not sure why it didn't show up for me character select, but maybe you converting it to FFvTTr helped with that. Glad it works for you, even though it was a very basic rig.

Cyber Burn

Are you taking requests? If so, I would love to see the Manhunters from DCU Online converted to FFvt3R. If not, not a problem. But I appreciate ant  thought you would give this. THanks.

Randomdays

I am doing a few requests. As long as you're willing to wait as I have a few projects in the works. I would probably do it for FF and let you convert it to FFvt3R so everyone could use it.

Cyber Burn

That woudl be awesome, I'm in no hurry. Thank you!  :thumbup:

Randomdays

Is that both manhunters? There's a manhunter mesh/ skin already out with a staff I could tie it to and see if it works.

Cyber Burn

Both Manhunters if possible, if not either one would be great. Thanks again.

Thunder

I cant seem to get the .tga files to show up in character tool. Is there something I missed.

Randomdays

Looks like when i set up Doctor Fate, I didn't set the path up for the location of the skins in nifskope to be the standard base. Alan Scott and Hawkman appear to be alright when I just checked and appear skinned for me.

If you know how to change your path in nifskope, that will fix it. If not, I'm reuploading a corrected version right now.

Randomdays

The Free 3d models site has updated with a ton of DC characters, plus some Star Wars, Marvel and others;

http://thefree3dmodels.com/stuff/characters/14

and http://thefree3dmodels.com/stuff/characters/14-2-2

Cyber - going to try to do your manhunters tomorrow if thing stay calm around home. Hopefully up this weekend.

Sorry for the wait.

Cyber Burn

That would be awesome, thanks again for doing this.

EDIT: Please don't apologize, you're doing me a major favor by setting these up for me.

Randomdays

Cyber, both are done and will be up later today. The clasher worked out well, but the enforcer went strange when I rigged his left hand. No idea why. I had to rig the left hand to the left forearm instead - you won't see it except with object or pole anims since the hand won't turn. Maybe Hmarrs can tweak it - he's getting pretty good.

The only thing left is to convert the png skins to tga, make portraits if you want them, and zip them up. Keep an eye out - I'll post when done.

Edit - files posted. Both rigged to male_basic. Enjoy.