News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Resources

Started by Randomdays, November 03, 2012, 10:59:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyber Burn

These are sooo freaking awesome, THANK YOU!!!

Sioux City Dynamo

Hi Random,

Are you planning to rig anymore of these that you have found?
Io

Randomdays

I'm tied up at the moment, but I'll be releasing a large group in a bit on James Bond. Done so far; Bond (Sean Connery Version) M, Q, Moneypenny, the car from Goldfinger and Little Nelly from "You Only Live Twice", Scaramanga (Man with the Golden Gun), Goldfinger, Oddjob, Dr No and Jaws. I've got to do readmes and Portraits, convert some skins to tga and maybe redo Jaws. I wanted to add a few more, but not a lot of time right now. Look for these in a week or so. Detourne has already skoped Bond so he has a jetpack in flying mode so they'll be 3 versions of him.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Randomdays on January 22, 2013, 08:00:19 AM
I'm tied up at the moment, but I'll be releasing a large group in a bit on James Bond. Done so far; Bond (Sean Connery Version) M, Q, Moneypenny, the car from Goldfinger and Little Nelly from "You Only Live Twice", Scaramanga (Man with the Golden Gun), Goldfinger, Oddjob, Dr No and Jaws. I've got to do readmes and Portraits, convert some skins to tga and maybe redo Jaws. I wanted to add a few more, but not a lot of time right now. Look for these in a week or so. Detourne has already skope Bond so he has a jetpack in flying mode so they'll be 3 versions of him.

Sweet!

Randomdays

Oh, and Red Grant and Tatianna "From Russia with Love"

Randomdays

Still not a lot of free time, but I found these and thought I'd send this link over. These are for Civ 4 so they should be nif files already

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=cat&id=46

detourne_me

Those are pretty sweet Civ Models Random, I can open them in NifSkope, but it seems like they are a much higher version of nif file than the freedom force ones,  i wasn't able to skope with them too well.
I think they might need some blender magic or something fist before they are playable.

Randomdays

This is more for Ultimate Alliance, but I saw from Tommyboy's site that he had brought FF into UA and the reverse would probably work as well. Once the original model was captured and rigged for FF, the skins could be set up as alts on the model.

And if you do have UA, it would give more stuff to play with.

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4122.0.html

Check out some of the other threads for other goodness while you're there.

Sioux City Dynamo

Hi random r u planning on rigging any of the mua stuff?
Io

Randomdays

Would have to do some research since I've never really dealt with MUA before. I don't know what format the character models are in and if they're available separately, or if I would have to capture them to grab them. Same with the textures.

Doing a quick search with yahoo I see there are also a few hits on deviant art as well, like this one....http://darkmarkzx.deviantart.com/art/Magneto-Marvel-Ult-Alliance-137897102

Anyone you're interested in particular? Still finishing up the stone age set but I could take a look at MUA when I'm finished with them.

Randomdays

The darkmark items on deviant are also on marvelmods, as well as more of his work.

Talking to Tomato, it looks like I'll be capturing the meshes if I want to work on them. The igb file contains the mesh as well as multiple versions of the texture at different resolutions.

To test capturing, I'll load the game up and try grabbing one of the beginning characters in their standard costume and see if it works. I'll see what kind of idle pose they have in character select or in game for a good base.

Some of the alternate outfits look like as just reskins while others might be mesh changes as well.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Randomdays on November 16, 2013, 10:14:46 AM
This is more for Ultimate Alliance, but I saw from Tommyboy's site that he had brought FF into UA and the reverse would probably work as well. Once the original model was captured and rigged for FF, the skins could be set up as alts on the model.

And if you do have UA, it would give more stuff to play with.

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4122.0.html

Check out some of the other threads for other goodness while you're there.

Wow...Lots of good stuff in there. I don't know if anyone else is interested, but personally, I would love to see the Iron Man (Hulkbuster), the Tony Stark, and the Punisher/Captain America Punisher imported to FF. I don't know if my skoping skills are up for it, but I would be glad to try and skope them to appropriate meshes.

Randomdays

I'll have a look at those. Playing thru the game and stuck at the moment doing the boss battle with the Kraken in Atlantis. Reflexes at my age giving me some trouble keeping up - I'm thinking I'll have to redo the keyboard assignments so all the keys are a little closer together.

spydermann93

Quote from: Randomdays on November 21, 2013, 04:40:03 AM
I'll have a look at those. Playing thru the game and stuck at the moment doing the boss battle with the Kraken in Atlantis. Reflexes at my age giving me some trouble keeping up - I'm thinking I'll have to redo the keyboard assignments so all the keys are a little closer together.

Yeah, the Kraken battle on the PC was so much more difficult than it was for the PS2, that's for sure.

Randomdays

Finished MUA a few weeks backs and I've figured out their modeling system. I rigged a few models and put them in my Christmas release. Basically, I think I can rig almost any hero or villain in the game except the more strange ones like the Kraken. Never worked with capes either but I don't think that will be an issue. If anyone wants to see anything rigged, let me know. Now that the Christmas project is done things aren't so hectic.

Personally I'll probably keep to the rarer characters. I'm looking at the Winter soldier and maybe the Skrull Queen as possible things to rig.

detourne_me

I'll have to do a play through of that game again soon.  Currently experimenting with some X-Men Legends 2 mods.
The thing about those games is that the models have kind of low resolution graphics.
I feel as though our community can and consistently does produce higher quality work.
Although I would be pretty interested in some of the MUA models:
White tank top Wolverine
MODOK (although both Beyonders and Val's meshes are excellent)
Ultimo
Ghost Rider
Doombots
Ultron and minions
I wonder if Galactus is a full model

It's also pretty cool how things are turning around. A few years back Tommyboy was focused on making meshes for MUA and converted a bunch of his FF work for it. Now you're able to import the models into FF.

Here's a weird thought. Would you be able to rip the maps?
I think some of the smaller hub worlds, like Stark Tower would make good maps. It's been quite a few years for me, but I remember being able to turn large nif objects into playable maps by adding specific bounding boxes.

Anyway, I'm thankful you're willing to go poring over the models to share with us, man.

Cyber Burn

I will definitely echo DM's sentiments. Thank you for going through all of these characters and bringing them to FF.

spydermann93

I third the call for Ultron minions!

Who are we to deny the Utopia that Ultron shall bring us?  ALL HAIL ULTRON!

Randomdays

DM - It seems that even the default models and skins that came with the game are variable in quality. I've seen meshes anywhere from about 500 to 2000 vertices, and some skins are higher quality than others. Probably due to different artists working on different characters.

Agree on that many of the people on the forum have done work that looks better than the MUA characters. Same with Marvel Heroes and DCU online. That's while I'm going to mainly do characters not done already or have few versions done for FF. Requests are fine though.

Maps can be ripped. You can import to blender as 1 big model or separate them by group or material. Not sure how to do the floor texture part but since Stark Tower is a small map that might be something to look at.

Spyder - I'll look at dm's requests, including the Ultron minions.

Randomdays

Grabbed a few models to look at just to see if they're worth continuing working on. Galactus is a full body mesh - the skins was actually 2048x2048 but is knocked down to 512x512 in this pic.

Galactus's robots and Ultron's share the same mesh and are just reskins, so doing one will actually give you four.

Also shown is the Skrull queen, the Winter Soldier and Ultimo.

At present, none of these are rigged as yet.

When I tried grabbing a map, it was full detail for about 1 screen's worth of view and the rest was missing a lot of parts. The program might load data as you move. Doing Stark Tower may take a few captures to put together for a full map. Not something I'm experienced in for making it into a FF map, but if you're interested in trying, I can grab and send your way.

spydermann93

Cyber Burn

These are awesome Random. If you rig Winter Soldier, it could probably be skoped onto Gren's Cable Mesh (I think that's a left handed gun mesh).

detourne_me

Wow! That's some impressive stuff there RD.
About the map, if it takes multiple captures, do you have to stitch them together in blender afterwards?
Is that possible?
No pressure at all, do you think people would be interested in such a map even?
Also it's been a few years, but I think I'd be able to turn a .nif into a map.

BigD

So far so good Random ^_^, they all look good yet great and above all they're fantastic as we speak :thumbup:. I really like your version of Ultron along with the robots of Galactus as well since they share the same mesh, including Skrull Queen herself which I admire the most with satisfaction, including Winter Soldier as well which he looks amazing to me, along with your version of Ultimo compared to the skin of Ultimo that I have for the Male Heavy Giant mesh by Grenadier which I had just download recently from Firtos Marvel Skins Yahoo Group is 100% superior to me and your version of Galactus which almost looks like the version from both version of the game MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 3 and ULTIMATE MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 3 is so cosmic or in my own words Random as I quote "Out of this world!" :D. Great job so far Random, I really like what you're doing in the form of your own work and I do hope that you get all of these done one way or another and hopefully we will all get the chance to play with them on :ff: in the DANGER ROOM/RUMBLE ROOM depending on which version they are all for ;). Peace out, and I'll CUL8TR :)!

BigD
:cool:

Randomdays

All of the above MUA meshes are rigged and ready, as well as MODOK - he's not rigged, but will respond to the basic FF car kfs. Still have to do readmes and portraits before they're ready to go. Ultimo and Galactus are still human size and will need resizing as well.

Cyber, Gren's Cable worked great on the Winter Soldier, and I used it on the Ultron Minions as well.

I've been indexing all the many, many FF Marvel characters I have and there seems to be a few more that I might do since with what's out there, there are some characters with either very few or no meshes done at all.

Possible further imports, just offhand - Sgt Fury - Don't think he's been done, or any of the Howling Commandos?

Paibok - never been done?

Titannus - never been done?

Byrrah - never been done?

Doomsman - never been done?

Ice and Fire Giants, Asgard Gods,

Lilandra, Destroyer, Deathbird, Imperial Guard members, Ulik,

Curse, Dragon Man, Grey Gargoyle, Mandarin, Mephisto

Shiar, Aim, Atlantian and Skrull Soldiers,

Lockjaw, Inhumans, Baron Mordo, Krang, Namorita

spydermann93

I really look forward to Byrrah and Titannus.

They've been missing for quite some time.

Randomdays

1st group released with an added MODOK

President Raygun

As far as I've been able to tell neither Paibok or the commandos have been done, but would be great to finally see them in-game.

Randomdays

There's a skin for Fury but not for the rest of the Howlers. It'd be nice to see someone tackle Sgt Rock and Easy Company too.

daglob

Paibok's on my list, but if someone else were to do him...