News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Resources

Started by Randomdays, November 03, 2012, 10:59:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crimsonquill

Hey Random,

Any chance you might be able to import and rig from the X-Men Legends games?

I'm still hoping that The Blob, Sugarman, Nightcrawler w/Swords, and even some Sentinels might be possible at some future point.

and I'd love to see Ultimate Thor, Green Goblin, and Juggernaut (I love the design of the new armor) from MUA2 done as well.

Thanks for all of the experimenting you have been doing and loved all of the MUA characters you have given us thus far.  :thumbup:

- CrimsonQ
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

Randomdays

DG - Paibok is on the list of rigs

CQ - I'll have to go through the Marvel Mods site, but I think all the X-Men Legends and MUA 2 main characters have been converted for MUA1. Not sure if that was just heroes or included bad guys as well.

Randomdays

Looks like making a map would be extremely difficult for MUA. Not only are you limited to whats on screen for grabbing map items, but as you move about a map the camera and map rotate, which would mean each map piece would have to be rotated as well as aligned with the rest.

Meanwhile....... Here's a screen shot of the Atlantian characters from MUA. I left Namor out as there are already some very good meshes and skins for him for FF already.

Attuma, Byrrah, Krang and Tigershark on the top row. Namorita, Atlantian Armored, Atlantian Champion and Atlantian Defender on the bottom. It also looks like there might be multiple skins for the 3 Atlantian warrior types. 

These are all unrigged at the moment.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Randomdays

Atlantis Support - There's a few more characters from Namor's neighborhood that I don't think anyone has ever done. Putting them out there in case someone wanted to tackle them; Links and pics off Namor's wiki page.

Lady Dorma, Naga, Dr Dorcus, Piranha, Karthon the Questor, Tyrak, Giganto, Destiny, Ikthon, Captain Barracuda, Betty Dean, Vashti, Tamari

Randomdays

New possible resource - http://xnalara.deviantart.com/gallery/31744518

Just found it with 180 pages of models. Not sure whats usable or not, but looking into it. One thing I'm looking for are some Dr Strange characters. Shuma Gorath and Sattanish are in Marvel vs Capcom 3. I'm surprised that no one has done Umar or Nightmare yet that I know of.

Randomdays

Attuma is rigged to Gren's Triton for the swimming keys. I was going to do Byrrah to them as well, but he has a cape. Are there any swimmers out there with a cape? Also, Krang has a gun on his belt. Are there any swimmer keys with a gun that appears/ disappears?

doctorchallenger

Texas Jack's Abe Sapian mesh has Gun and Swimming Keyframes. No Gun Butt in holster though.

Randomdays

Thanks. I can always move the holster around or just remove it if I have to.

Randomdays

The 8 Atlantis themed characters are uploaded, rigged to Gren's Triton kfs. Readmes and portraits done.

Removed the gun from Krang's mesh.  Also, could not get any of the caped meshes I tried to work with Byrrah so he's uncaped for now. Maybe a skoper can get him to work with a cape.

Forget to mention it in Krang's readme, but the head bubble is from Tommyboy's Krang mesh.

Randomdays

Found a new site with quite a few models. a saw someone was asking about Dragonball Z characters, so ...http://3dmodel.domawe.com/category/3D%20MISC/3D%20Characters

Tons of others if you look around

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Randomdays on January 12, 2014, 06:31:28 AM
The 8 Atlantis themed characters are uploaded, rigged to Gren's Triton kfs. Readmes and portraits done.

Removed the gun from Krang's mesh.  Also, could not get any of the caped meshes I tried to work with Byrrah so he's uncaped for now. Maybe a skoper can get him to work with a cape.

Forget to mention it in Krang's readme, but the head bubble is from Tommyboy's Krang mesh.

I missed this post before, I don't think there are any swimmers currently floating around with capes on them, but if you wanted a land based variant, I could probably help you out there. If you wanted a swimming Byrrah, if I got the cape on, it would probably be static, non-animated, but I would be willing to try.

Quote from: Randomdays on February 06, 2014, 10:09:09 AM
Found a new site with quite a few models. a saw someone was asking about Dragonball Z characters, so ...http://3dmodel.domawe.com/category/3D%20MISC/3D%20Characters

Tons of others if you look around

Man, you hit the jackpot with this site, I could make a list that would go on for days with what I saw, and I just barely scratched the surface. I can't wait to get home after work to check this out some more.

Randomdays

I've only gone thorugh the animals section so far and found a few I could use that looked good. On the others, I basically just the DBZ characters in 2 or 3 different areas.

Krang on land based cape would be awesome. Maybe one of the Dr Dooms, or another gun using caped mesh since he has a pistol.

Cyber and anyone else, go ahead and make some requests if you want. I'll be finishing the 3 different mesoamerican packs, some weapon packs, and a few MUA characters, and after that I'll be slowing down abit since I'm working on some NWN imports with some people on the bioware social forums for a change of pace.

Cyber Burn

Random, you are the man! I would love to see Darkseid imported into FF, maybe on a "Male_Heavy" base if possible?

http://3dmodel.domawe.com/entry/Darkseid-Free-Character-3D-Model

Cyber Burn

Ok, I've been working on Byrrah, and have 2 different versions, both with capes. The first is based on Tommyboy's "Superman_Tf" Mesh, and the second is based on Grenadier's "Dr Doom_Gren" Mesh, I had tried a few others first, but even though they looked ok in NifSkope, the were kind of deformed in the Character Tool. So I just have to re-skin the cape, holster, and gun. The good part is, is that once this is done, then I can just plop Krang onto these, and I'll have 2 versions of him as well, assuming there's no distortion of course, then a quick re-skin, and I should be finished.

Randomdays

Thanks for all the skopes Cyber.

I'm about half way through the Aztec warriors and there's at least one caped unit that could use the same kind of help when done. The Civ 5 units are still very quick to do but I've had NWN distraction s talking with people about trying to get some of the same units and animals into NWN.

Will try to get all the Civ units done this weekend as well as the couple of requests I have out on the list

Cyber Burn

With all the work that you've been doing here, I'm glad that I'm able to help you out at least a little bit. just let me know what you need, and I'll try my best to get it done.

I finished Byrrah, and am working on Krang as we speak, but he doesn't want to play nice with the Gren's Doom Mesh. So I'll try a few other options to make sure I can have the gun and cape, and then once this is done, I can go back to the Vikings and re-do those.

Also, thank you for taking requests, what you have been doing with importing all these characters is really impressive. As for that Darkseid, I know we have at least one or two dedicated meshes, but this one looks really vicious, and is different enough from the others to really stand out, and after going through the site a little more, there's a very nice looking Brainiac that I would really like to get my hands on as well.

http://3dmodel.domawe.com/entry/Brainiac-3D-Model-Free-Download

spydermann93

If I might add to the wishlist,

I'd like to see Shao Khan, one of these days: http://3dmodel.domawe.com/entry/Shao-Kahn-Free-Character-3D-Model

We have Scorpion and Sub-Zero, but no evil lord of soul-consuming goodness :P

If you could rig it to male_basic, I'd be more than happy to attempt to swap it over to Grenadier's Thor mesh (I think that those animations would suit Khan very nicely)

deano_ue

bloody hell, do these all have to be converted or can they be used for skopes. i guess that each mesh is a solid piece

Randomdays

Cyber - thanks again. Glad your computer is in good enpugh shape for skoping again

Cyber and Spyderman - you're on the list

TUE - Most are solid pieces but its fairly easy to grab a piece in Blender if you want. You just highlight the vertices of what you want to keep, a weapon, headpiece, shoulderpad, etc, delete what you don't want and export. Let me know what you're looking for.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Randomdays on February 08, 2014, 12:45:39 AM
Cyber - thanks again. Glad your computer is in good enpugh shape for skoping again

Yeah, unfortunately, I had no choice but to get a new PC because I'm in the Credentialing Program, if I don't take the classes when I'm supposed to, I will get kicked out and have to repay all my loans in a ridiculously short amount of time. A lot of the classes required are online classes (Such as the one that I am currently in), so really, even though it wasn't in the budget, I had to have it.

I had to download and re-install everything from scratch, and I still don't have my files back from my old PC (They salvaged most, but not everything), so I'm still missing everything from the last year and a half. It would be nice to have at least the templates I had ready for different Skopes, but I will probably have to start from scratch on those.

As for providing you with Skopes, well, like I said, I will gladly do whatever I can to help you out. You are doing some amazing work bringing all of these characters into the FF Universe, so if I can contribute at least a little bit, then I'm happy to help.

Randomdays

Update; 17 units so far for Civ 5 Aztec, Inca and Maya for Ancient Age. Still a bunch more to do. Civ 4 also has units for these 3 plus some Polynesian units and additional units for Viking and Egyptian. Cyber is doing major work skoping those done already so I'm just putting the new ones on male basic or Green Arrow for the archers.

Not particularly FF related, but I started working with some members in the NWN community again. I've already imported a bunch of buildings last year that looked great in game and now we're looking at some of the animals. Some were pretty rough and only had placeholder skins and needed some help.  A pic below of the 1st group of animals in game plus a link to the thread for those interested.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/191/index/16309535

Randomdays

Finished the native groups. I'll be packaging them up and releasing them soon. Pics released as I process them.

Aztecs first. Archer, Jaguar, Horseman, Knight, Pikeman, Spearman from Civ5. Maceman from Civ4 with 3 color variants.

spydermann93

WOOHOO!!!

I am really looking forward to these guys! I love that you've been converting Civ meshes over to FF.  I was in dire want need of some historical characters in Freedom Force :P

Cyber Burn

I must say, I do like those Mace/Club type weapons. In my neighborhood, it would be very nice to have one by the front door.

spydermann93

The macuahuitl club was always an interesting weapon, to me.

A wooden club with obsidian shards as sharp as steel (so say the conquistadores).  In the hands of a normal person, it was quite a deadly weapon, but in the hands of a jaguar or one of the Aztec/Tarascan/Tlaxcalan elite, it was simply terrifying.

Randomdays

Screenshots of the rest of the natives. For some reason I had a hard time getting enthusiasm for the Viking meshes, but these I really enjoyed doing. They're well done and something different. A little breakup on some of the models in the viewer but should be good in game.

Cyber, if you're skoping these, the archers on Green Arrow and the rest on male_basic or male_alpha_collar as usual. The Aztec Pikeman and Maceman originally had capes.

Inca - Chariot, Composite Bowman, Horseman, Longbowman
          Knight, Longswordsman (axe), Pikeman
          Spearman, Swordsman, Warrior, Native Warrior

Maya - Chariot, Composite Bowman, Horseman, Longbowman
            Knight, Pikeman, Spearman

Polynesia - Archer, Chariot with spear or knife, Swordsman
                  Horseman and Spearman

Cyber Burn

Definitely plan on Skoping these. It will probably take a little longer than normal because I over committed myself, but I really am interested in Skoping these.

spydermann93

Polynesians!?

That is a very pleasant surprise! :thumbup:

Cyber Burn

Now that I'm a little more awake...WoW  :o, what a release...29 different characters!!!

As for Skoping, the Aztec Maceman, shouldn't be a problem, I should be able to use the "Crusader_Gren" Mesh as a base for it. I don't think I currently have anything that is set up to use a spear, shield, and cape, so I'll have to take a look and see what my options are.

spydermann93

Quote from: Cyber Burn on February 15, 2014, 05:10:03 PM
Now that I'm a little more awake...WoW  :o, what a release...29 different characters!!!

As for Skoping, the Aztec Maceman, shouldn't be a problem, I should be able to use the "Crusader_Gren" Mesh as a base for it. I don't think I currently have anything that is set up to use a spear, shield, and cape, so I'll have to take a look and see what my options are.

Honestly, what you have been doing with the Egyptians and Vikings is fine with me.  I honestly don't think a static cape over a flowing cape is all that big of a deal, at least, not until it becomes available (I mean, don't go out of your way for something; what we have currently is more than enough).