News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Adjusting Particle Effects

Started by daglob, November 26, 2012, 09:58:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

I successfully transplanted some particle emitters, but have a problem with the orientation. Actually, I wish it would always be "up", but I put them in the hands of a THV mesh (Bat-Hulk... no, really... this is a forgotten Silver Age "villain"), and they always point "up" from the hands in an idle position. if the hands are outstretched, the effects run paralell to the ground, if the hands are in the ranged position that has both hands together palms forward, the particles run "down". Is there a way to adjust this?

Since I can't always make it here, if you have an answer, please send me a personal message; I have it so that PMs are sent to my e-mail address. Also, sadly, I may not be able to acknowledge receipt, but I will appreciate any help I get.

Thanks!

AfghanAnt

I think because of the way some particle emitters are built this becomes a problem. The only ones I've notice can be changed are projectiles from FFVTR. If I'm incorrect someone please correct me. :)

BTW what meshes' particles are you using?

daglob

I copied the ones off The Human Torch mesh. I used the ones on the hands, hoping that they would work the same on another mesh in the same location.

hoss20

I know this isn't a direct answer to your problem, but perhaps if you took the FX from a the male_heavy_FX mesh, it might work better. I'm only thinking that the heavy mesh might cause fewer problems as it would be similar in size and orientation (orientation, sounding like it's the main problem) to the THV mesh you're using.

daglob