News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Wave 5 contest

Started by Tomato, December 10, 2012, 01:55:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomato

As some of you have noticed by now, it's become something of a thing that one figure out of every wave of toys gets their avatar included in the growing "Avatar Figure Collection" that's currently taking up space on top of my dresser. I don't really have any good ideas for what to do this year though... so I'm just going to have you guys vote who wins this year.

I have a few rules, however:

-You cannot vote for your own avatar.
-You cannot vote for an avatar that has already been done.

And, just to make things interesting, the previous competition winners (Alaric, Hitman, and Cyber Burn) have 3 votes each. They can either put all 3 into one choice, or spread it around to multiple people. In the case of a tie, I make the final vote.

As for a deadline... there's no rush, but tentatively we'll say thanksgiving next year.

Reepicheep

Glitch Girl to ruin your computer and stop this madness.

Cyber Burn

I know two of the avatars that I want to vote for, but I think that I'll hold off to see how the voting goes.

Deaths Jester

I think I'll vote for...hmmm....Tiobe!
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

Panther_Gunn

Decisions, decisions.

Well, rule #1 buggers me.

I'm tempted to vote for Goopy, but I'm pretty sure I'd be completely ignored.  I'd similarly want to nominate/vote for Benton, if only to see you do an Aquaman variant (perhaps you could do that one on your own as a recolor).  I'd like to nominate King-be, but I don't think he'd get the votes.  I'm sure there are many other good ideas floating around in my head that haven't made their way to the typing yet, as well.

In the end, I think I'll throw my vote on a second for Mikey.  Because he's always been awesome.
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Panther_Gunn on December 10, 2012, 11:22:33 PM
Decisions, decisions.

Well, rule #1 buggers me.

I'm tempted to vote for Goopy, but I'm pretty sure I'd be completely ignored.  I'd similarly want to nominate/vote for Benton, if only to see you do an Aquaman variant (perhaps you could do that one on your own as a recolor).  I'd like to nominate King-be, but I don't think he'd get the votes.  I'm sure there are many other good ideas floating around in my head that haven't made their way to the typing yet, as well.

In the end, I think I'll throw my vote on a second for Mikey.  Because he's always been awesome.

On that note, I cast vote number one for Benton, besides being a mad mod maker, he's got over 10,000 posts, that alone deserves recognition.

vamp

My vote also goes to Benton.

Tomato

If Benton does end up being the nominee, there are plenty of redesigns (Juanchos and Unkoman's leap to mind) to pick from, and I'm already planning Aqualord for wave 4 anyway.

Ephemeris

My vote is for Nipple Hoses!!!

...I mean MikeB7.

detourne_me

My vote is for the Saturn King, Laughing Paradox.
It's a great design and he's a creator that is bringing a lot to this community.

Tomato

I already discussed this with reep, but because gg does have a figure (which I can reveal now, since GG has gotten it) his vote is now for Bluebard.

UnkoMan

Oh man... I read the top post and totally though... Benton. He's got a couple swell designs, and he's a pretty swell guy.
And then I see he already got the votes, so I've got to throw down one, too.

Mr. Hamrick

Tomato

I'll be honest, I'm a bit surprised by the results so far (part of me wants pod to win one of these things just so I can round out Heroforce), but I really shouldn't be. Everyone who has a vote definitely earned it, and the forerunners (Benton and Mike) are some of the best forum members we have*, and it's nice to see them getting recognition. My mad desire to have a Podmark figure aside, I'd be happy to get either of those guys immortalized in plastic.

And no, this totally isn't just a bump post for this topic so people can continue to add votes. Not at all. 

*that don't have figs already, obviously. *nods toward GG*

Podmark

Hmm apparently I haven't voted yet. My vote goes for Benton. Make sure it's waterproof.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

BlueBard

Quote from: Tomato on December 27, 2012, 01:26:13 AM
I already discussed this with reep, but because gg does have a figure (which I can reveal now, since GG has gotten it) his vote is now for Bluebard.

GG created a Timmverse avatar for me awhile back, which I think is the best one I've ever had.  I'm not sure if I can still find it though.  (Got to check the old PC...)
STO/CO: @bluegeek

BentonGrey

Aww, thanks guys!  Reading this thread totally brightened my day!  As for my vote...wow, this is tough!  There are some really wonderful folks and some wonderful designs...CB has already won, otherwise I'd vote for him...hmmm.....

Well, it's a really tough choice, but I suppose I will go with 'ol MikeB7.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Tomato

Just a post bump to remind people that the vote is still open (the current batch is a bit behind, but he's only got one figure left to finish.) and to give a bit of an update on next year's contest. I like doing these contests quite a bit (I like sharing my hobby with you guys, and I have a lot of fun with setting up the contests each year or so) but I wanted to do something different next year.

Now, I'm still working out the details on my end, but basically I'd like to set up the contest for next year up as a fundraiser, where you can just put however much money you want on a specific avatar. Now, the original intent was that it would be something like the old Freedom Reborn Calendars, and the profits would go back into running the website. I'd still like to do that(depending on how much this makes), but after discussing it with the other Titans, we decided the better option would be to give those donations to charity. I've given it a lot of thought, and I feel very strongly that whatever proceeds we receive should go to relief efforts for Typhoon Haiyan. For those not aware, loosecollector is a resident of the Philippines, and while he was thankfully not harmed, I know many of his countrymen aren't as lucky.

Anyway, the current vote tally (as of Benton's post) is:

Nipple Hoses    - 5 votes
Dandy Top-hat - 1 vote
FishFace           - 4 votes
LP Saturncraft  - 1 vote
Blue Boy           - 1 vote

And remember, all previous winners (Alaric, Hitman, and Cyber Burn) each have up to 3 votes to use however they wish (Ex:Cyber has used one of his votes for Benton, but he could decide to put one vote on Mike and one on Podmark or to put his remaining two votes on Benton as well)

Tomato

bumping this because it's about to close, and it looks like mike might win this time around. Last minute votes guys!

BentonGrey

Stop stealing my poll thunder, 'Mato.  ;)

Haha, Mike definitely deserves a win!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

Tomato

Darnnit Benton, you're the runner up. Stop cheering on your competition!

Tomato

I usually just leave these things open until the last batch arrives, but this year there was a big delay on the order (dude who makes the customs had a kid, that tends to throw a monkey wrench into things.) so I had no real reason to close it.

Cyber Burn

While I do agree with Benton that Mike does deserve this, I still feel that Benton continues to remain my first choice. Over the years, I have seen nothing but positive come from him, not only on the FR Boards, but outside of them as well. I am really sorry Mike, I have a lot of respect for you, and I hope we can figure out a way to get you onto 'Mato's shelves, but for now, I do have two more votes, and I will use both for Benton.

Unless I missed something, this should take Benton up to 6.

BentonGrey

Wow, thanks CB.  I'm honored. :D
God Bless

bat1987

If its not too late giving my vote to Benton as well. Very nice and highly positive person, def deserves this.

(also was my teammate in CO, several times, so that's a plus too  :P)

Deaths Jester

Blast it...looks like I'm not getting any love again....rrrrr.....
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

Tomato

The last set of customs apparently arrived today, so presumably I'm going to be picking them up tomorrow after watching GotG. I'm gonna say voting ends tonight at midnight then.

Tomato

BentonGrey

God Bless