News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

DCUO newbie

Started by Voltarious, February 22, 2013, 03:28:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voltarious

I created Voltarious in game and am figuring out how to control him but am having trouble with the chat window, among other things. Is anyone playing DCUO on the PC server? Is there an FR league on the PC server?

catwhowalksbyhimself

Volty and I have tried sending tells to each other, but can't seem to see each other's tells.  Maybe it's not as obvious as it was in CoH.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Midnite

I added you both on my friend's list. Hoping to catch you two online. What time do you two usually play? The league is on US PC server. Please add Bow Sting to your friend's list.

Midnite

Finally caught Voltarious, now I have to catch Cat.  :P

Hey Volt, here's a Earth DPS guide for you:
http://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/disasterpieces-guide-to-seismic-earth-dps-post-dlc6-update-coming-soon.459/

Don't worry about tanking role until you hit 30.

Voltarious

Thanks Midnite for all of your help. Thanks to the other FR gang that helped in game as well. I'm sure I will need all of your assistance again before it's said and done but for now I think I just need to play. I just might survive this transition. I will be checking the guide you sent as well Midnite.

catwhowalksbyhimself

I'm on in the late evening Eastern time.  I'll be on later tonight.  Try to catch you then.

In the meantime I am enjoying the game.  I kinda miss playing with a group since there dont' seem to be much in the way of low level groups, and there are things about the game that I both really like and really dislike, but it's over all cool.  I've decided to just buy DLC packs rather than subscribing though.

Midnite

catwhowalksbyhimself

Actually, I've already found and read that one, but thanks anyway.

Voltarious

Well, I got my tank build back on track thanks to some input from Midnite and the link he provided above. I have learned that the goal to this game is not just leveling through to the cap but also picking up as much side content as possible to help build up your resistance and power. All in all it has turned out to be a fun game. The league that Midnite invited me into has a handful of FRers and a whole new group of people that are willing to help out and seem to be a more mature group that are compatible with the CoH group I grew to enjoy so much over the years. I hope to see more of you in game as time goes on.

BigAl1775

We are always happy to have FR forumers join and most of us wil go out of our way to help you progress. I know DCUO won't hold a torch to COH at this time. But in time, I think it'll grow on you. Just don't be afraid to ask for help. We were all once at that beginning time, and know how confusing it may seem. Heres to good times coming!  :thumbup:
Dreadlok-Officer of Freedom Reborn on DCUO (PC)
              -Founder of Freedom Reborn on Marvel:Contest of Champions (tablet)

catwhowalksbyhimself

Well, I got to 30 and have run all the T1 duos, so my epic journey has finally begun, it seems.