News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Windblown's fx: Polaris

Started by windblown, March 17, 2013, 10:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

windblown

Hey guys,
I´ve been working on some fxs for Pixie to celebrate my collaboration with Podmark to get the character done (don't miss the preview on Podmark's skins thread!).

Here are the results of my attempts:

They are a teleport self spell, a pixie dust cone and a teleport others spell.

Podmark

As I've said to you already, these are really cool.

These effects will be included when the Pixie skins and skope are released.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Previsionary

Very nice. Nice to see another FXer around too!
Disappear when you least expe--

Outcast

That looks pretty good for your first attempt at making an FX, Windblown. :cool:

Cyber Burn

Don't know how I missed this thread, nice work Windblown.

windblown

Thanks guys,

I've made two minor fx. The first one is to be used with FFX "sleep state swap", so the sleeping character shows those ZzZ while he is sleeping. The second one is to change the effect that shows when a character gets possessed. This last one tries to represent Karma's psychic energy, as she is the only character with a possession power in my game. This effect will appear in the possessed character's head instead of Tombstone's tiny skulls.

spydermann93

Windblown,

I have to say that everything that you have done thus far has been absolutely stunning!

Keep up the fantastic work! :thumbup:

Cyber Burn

Quote from: spydermann93 on April 27, 2013, 09:22:08 PM
Windblown,

I have to say that everything that you have done thus far has been absolutely stunning!

Keep up the fantastic work! :thumbup:

Ditto...You are showing some master level skills in your FX's and skopes. I love it.

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

windblown

Thanks for your kind words guys!

New FX for today, a diamond shard to go with Podmark's Bling! skins:

Cyber Burn

Really nice Windblown. Can't wait to see more.

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Bloodshadow

These are awesome Windblown! :thumbup:
Pixie is fun in game,You and Podmark make a great team,thanks to both of you for your efforts :cool:

windblown

It's been a long time since I've updated this thread, but today I bring you a bunch of wind FX to go with the updated skope of Wind dancer:

Preview

I think that the third one is the only one that needs explanation, it's a melee FX (Wind dancer could fire compressed air into an enemy's eardrums to cause him vertigo). My favorite one is the cone FX.

Podmark

Nice job, it's great seeing her in action.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Cyber Burn

Very nice Windblown. I always enjoy seeing how other people bring FX to life. It's very inspiring.

WyldFyre

Not only is windblown a master skoper, but a creator of great fx as well.  Looking good my friend.
For Freedom!

Jimaras8

Wow, winblown you have blown my mind (sorry for the pun  :D). Where can i download your fx? I think i have the Pixie pack but i would also like the rest.

windblown

Thank you guys!

Quote from: Jimaras8 on January 31, 2015, 08:45:07 AM
Wow, winblown you have blown my mind (sorry for the pun  :D). Where can i download your fx? I think i have the Pixie pack but i would also like the rest.

Pixie FX pack was released with Pixie skope in Heroforce (Podmark's section), Bling! FX was released with Bling! skope (at the same site), Wind Dancer FX pack will be released with the updated skope there too, but I still have to pack them up and send them to Podmark so he can do some small skin adjustments.

In fact, Podmark and me are collaborating to bring these New X-men characters to FF, so all my skopes and FX for them will be released at his page together with his skins.

BentonGrey

Nice work WB!  I like the character packs, but the little touches of the state swaps are really cool.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

windblown

New FX to go with my last skopes:

- The first FX represents Tag's psionic ability to make people run away from a person (the thug runs away from Wither here), he would say, "Tag, you're it" when he used his powers on someone, so I've added that text to the FX.

- The second FX represents Wither's death touch. I've skoped an animation for Wither where he takes off one of his gloves to use with this FX.

- The last one represents Icarus' angelic voice, which was used on one occasion to calm down a panicked Lockheed.

spydermann93

Those are really neat, windblown!

Non-FX Related Question: And how did you make the Thug run away from another character?  At first, I thought that it was just an area attack, but you make it seem like Tag gave Wither an ability or something like that.

windblown

Thanks spyder!

I gave Tag a panic melee attack with a 360º radius which only affects enemies so if he uses it in Wither, enemies will run away from him (kind of, because the thug is just panicked but the effect is similar to Tag's powers) while Wither is unaffected.

spydermann93

Ah, ok!

That's a pretty clever way to use a power! :D

Amazo Version 2.2

wow, these are amazing windblown. that animation for wither with the removable glove is crazy cool
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

Podmark

Very nice, that glove is a nice touch!
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Cyber Burn

Yeah, the glove effect is a really nice touch. Some very cool FX here Windblown.

windblown

Thank you guys,
New FX pack for Wallflower, the pheromone manipulator of the New Mutants squad:

She could manipulate the emotions of others, making them sleepy, in love, scared... This pack contains three different FX (as shown at the video).

Amazo Version 2.2

these are cool fx WB, really sweet that you're making fx for each of your skopes.
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

Cyber Burn

Very nice WindBlown, just out of curiosity, is the mist/smoke around her part of the Skope, or part of the FX?