News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

More Questions

Started by rain, March 31, 2013, 02:14:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rain

1. As I assemble full sets of clues via the "i" icons it gives me "points"... are these points used for anything?
2. Once I slot an Exobyte can I unslot it later?
3.Can someone explain "Need, Greed, Pass"?
4.Now that I have a toon at 30 I suppose I am actually now worried about his CR... how do I increase this? Or is that just some kind of measurement of my Gear?
5. Combat in this game is fun as hell but I seem to run out of soloable content, the stuff I haven't done yet seems over my head... is there something I am missing?
-rain

Every time a Hammyo'ed MoG scrapper falls to an elec snipe in the arena, an angel gets his wings

BigAl1775

Quote from: rain on March 31, 2013, 02:14:09 AM
1. As I assemble full sets of clues via the "i" icons it gives me "points"... are these points used for anything?
4.Now that I have a toon at 30 I suppose I am actually now worried about his CR... how do I increase this? Or is that just some kind of measurement of my Gear?
5. Combat in this game is fun as hell but I seem to run out of soloable content, the stuff I haven't done yet seems over my head... is there something I am missing?

1. They give you feat points. These range from1 star (10 pts) to 3 stars (50 pts). You need 100 pts for a Skill Point. SP is used towards your weapon tree combos/innate skills and movement power skills. This website is excellent to find all the blue and green "!"  http://dcuo.mmorpg-life.com/
2. Unfortunately, no.
3. Our league rules generally state...need on your role (ie. tank, dps, healer, controller), greed on your off-role (each powerset has 2 roles), and pass if you have it. There is no official game rule. Its generally a touchy subject with pugs.
4. It is a measurement of the rating of your overall collection of gear. Each piece you have will say "** Level Item" near the bottom of the description. Mind you, it is overall, meaning any gear you have in your inventory now. If you salvage a higher level piece because you didn't like the innate stats it provided, then it may affect your CR. A certain level of CR is required for many pieces of armor and content.
5. If you just reached 30, then welcome to endgame!  :thumbup: Starting at 30, you now get to do nearly all pvp content (so long as you have the required DLC) and you now have duos, solo challenges, higher level alerts and lower level raids. Content starts at Tier 1 for fresh 30's. It progresses thru CR (see, that's where your CR comes in) and currently caps at T4 content. Used to take forever to progress thru the tiers, but a lot has been changed in the last 2 years, so it moves much faster now. Each sets of duos, challenges, alerts and raids are all arranged by tier as well.

It bodes well for most players to join a league after reaching 30 because pugging can be terrible at times. Leagues will not only answer questions, but generally help with content as needed.

Any other questions you have, feel free to ask. If I don't know it, I guarantee one of us will.  :D
Dreadlok-Officer of Freedom Reborn on DCUO (PC)
              -Founder of Freedom Reborn on Marvel:Contest of Champions (tablet)

rain

Quote from: BigAl1775 on March 31, 2013, 11:49:57 AM
Quote from: rain on March 31, 2013, 02:14:09 AM

1. They give you feat points. These range from1 star (10 pts) to 3 stars (50 pts). You need 100 pts for a Skill Point. SP is used towards your weapon tree combos/innate skills and movement power skills. This website is excellent to find all the blue and green "!"  http://dcuo.mmorpg-life.com/
2. Unfortunately, no.
3. Our league rules generally state...need on your role (ie. tank, dps, healer, controller), greed on your off-role (each powerset has 2 roles), and pass if you have it. There is no official game rule. Its generally a touchy subject with pugs.
4. It is a measurement of the rating of your overall collection of gear. Each piece you have will say "** Level Item" near the bottom of the description. Mind you, it is overall, meaning any gear you have in your inventory now. If you salvage a higher level piece because you didn't like the innate stats it provided, then it may affect your CR. A certain level of CR is required for many pieces of armor and content.
5. If you just reached 30, then welcome to endgame!  :thumbup: Starting at 30, you now get to do nearly all pvp content (so long as you have the required DLC) and you now have duos, solo challenges, higher level alerts and lower level raids. Content starts at Tier 1 for fresh 30's. It progresses thru CR (see, that's where your CR comes in) and currently caps at T4 content. Used to take forever to progress thru the tiers, but a lot has been changed in the last 2 years, so it moves much faster now. Each sets of duos, challenges, alerts and raids are all arranged by tier as well.
1. Awesome link, thanks.
2.Brutal.... picking those things up is pretty grindy
3. I still don't understand the core concept... you're telling me how the FR League uses the system... I don't understand the system itself.
4. thanks.
5. Point taken, thanks.
-rain

Every time a Hammyo'ed MoG scrapper falls to an elec snipe in the arena, an angel gets his wings

catwhowalksbyhimself

For the Need/Greed system, I believe that way it works is that loot first goes to anyone who's selected "need." If more than one person has, then a random die role decides who gets it.  If no one has, then it goes to whoever has picked greed in the same way.  I think if everyone passes, then it goes to someone random.

Its more or less an elaborate honor system, basically.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

BigAl1775

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on March 31, 2013, 04:27:53 PM
For the Need/Greed system, I believe that way it works is that loot first goes to anyone who's selected "need." If more than one person has, then a random die role decides who gets it.  If no one has, then it goes to whoever has picked greed in the same way.  I think if everyone passes, then it goes to someone random.

Its more or less an elaborate honor system, basically.

Yeah, I realize I didn't actually answer the question. :P
Its exactly as Cat says. If more than one person hits need, for example, there is a random dice roll that decides who wins. I'm not sure of the exacts, but its less than perfect. Especially when someone rolls a 0 and still wins the piece.
Dreadlok-Officer of Freedom Reborn on DCUO (PC)
              -Founder of Freedom Reborn on Marvel:Contest of Champions (tablet)

rain

thanks for the info fellas
-rain