Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Batman: Arkham Origins

Started by Midnite, April 09, 2013, 03:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomato

Podmark

Looking great so far.
The brief clips I've heard of the new Batman and Joker voices sound good, and I'm really excited about the martial artist enemy that can counter you. That was an idea I had and I'm really glad they went with it.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

laughing paradox

I'm glad this game isn't trying to reinvent the wheel, just giving us some more fun Batman: Arkham goodness. I like some of the additions they have shown in the E3 gameplay clip.

That Azrael Batman suit looks great!

I wonder if we are going to get a second character to control within the story, like Catwoman in Arkham City.

Tomato

Since I know you all aren't exactly into the action figure scene, DC Collectibles just revealed the new Arkham Origins figures of Bane and Joker (which gives us a clearer look at both)

Spoiler

I like Bane, but not as much as I think I should. I'm glad to have something other than his Asylum design, but for some reason I'm not exactly excited about this one either. Joker is... eh. It's good enough and I don't hate it, but the design from Asylum was pretty much perfect. It works in the same way Batman's costume does, as a "prototype" look for the character.

Edit: I just realized why Bane's design bugs me... it's too military, and seems to be trying to pull a bunch of costume elements his appearance in tdkr. Tom Hardy was an interesting enough antagonist, but he wasn't Bane, and seeing those elements here makes me uneasy.

Shogunn2517

Here's IGN's play-through of the same demo posted by Midnite.  Though it's technically nearly twice as long, the game play is different and there are some different scenes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS3upAxmLaY

Tomato

Batman: Arkham Origins - E3 Trailer Analysis

Just pointing out some cool little easter eggs hidden in the trailer (references to characters, gang members from the comics, etc.) They haven't done one of the gameplay demo yet, but that's probably coming.

Tomato

Footage of AO: Blackgate for the VITA, with Catwoman.

Yeah... if I had been debating whether to get this game or not, this demo clinched it. I want more catwoman dangit!

Silver Shocker

Ok, that actually really impressed me. I was kinda disappointed  when I found out the portable game would be a 2.5D game, but now that seems entirely dismissive. They clearly put a lot of work into making it look like the Batman Arkham series. I'll likely get that on the Vita when it comes out.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

Midnite

Hi-Res Adam West Batman
Spoiler

Tomato

mehhhhh... for some reason I really dislike that skin. I think it's the lack of adam west visage... as is, the thing looks like arkham batman cosplaying as adam west.

Podmark

Quote from: Tomato on July 10, 2013, 10:14:18 PM
as is, the thing looks like arkham batman cosplaying as adam west.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

thalaw2

革命不会被电视转播

BentonGrey

Haha...yeah, it's somewhat incongruous. 
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Cyber Burn

As much as I love the old Adam West version of Batman, I'll hold my tongue and just say that this isn't doing him justice.  :thumbdown:

detourne_me

Yeah I always felt like a sucker for getting the DLC in Asylum and City. 
Timmverse batman looks great, but when the rest of the world has a certain style... Ugh.  Kind of wish they were full texture mods.  That would be something I'd pay ten bucks for, a reskin of all the characters

BentonGrey

Quote from: detourne_me on July 11, 2013, 09:30:27 PM
Yeah I always felt like a sucker for getting the DLC in Asylum and City. 
Timmverse batman looks great, but when the rest of the world has a certain style... Ugh.  Kind of wish they were full texture mods.  That would be something I'd pay ten bucks for, a reskin of all the characters
Ditto!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

catwhowalksbyhimself

Harley's revenge is the only DLC I bought for either.  That one was worth it, to me at least.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Midnite

- a holographic collector's box
- unique 3D metal game pack
- an Art of Batman Arkham Origins book
- a gorgeous 23cm tall Batman/Joker figure
- and two codes for 'exclusive' DLC.

Hi-Res AzBats
Spoiler

Tomato

bat1987

Quote from: Tomato on July 18, 2013, 02:47:59 PM
Deadshot Figure From Arkham Origins at SDCC

Really cool display from DC Collectibles. Definitely getting that Black Mask for my Batman display.

Podmark

I'm more impressed with this game each time I see it.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Tomato

Quote from: bat1987 on July 18, 2013, 03:24:16 PM
Quote from: Tomato on July 18, 2013, 02:47:59 PM
Deadshot Figure From Arkham Origins at SDCC

Really cool display from DC Collectibles. Definitely getting that Black Mask for my Batman display.

I've pre-ordered Black Mask and Bane already, but I likely won't be getting Deathstroke or Deadshot. Nothing against them (I actually like Deadshot's design more than his City one, and both Origins figures are awesome) but I have enough actual Batman villains to buy without adding DCU villains on top of that.

BentonGrey

Since when is Copperhead a girl?
God Bless

Cyber Burn

Quote from: BentonGrey on July 19, 2013, 01:31:37 PM
Since when is Copperhead a girl?

Glad it wasn't just me wondering that.

Tomato

It actually references that in the trailer early on "There's a face I don't recognize: Copperhead. Strange, these reports reference a male, not a female." which leads me to believe they'll explain in the game itself.

From what I understand, this is a new version of the character for the video game. I have heard that she's gonna be brought into the comics after the game comes out, however.

JKCarrier

I'm ok with having a female Copperhead, but I'm not crazy about the design. She looks more like a female Green Arrow than anything to do with snakes.

Tomato

Are you going by the trailer or just the one pic? because her outfit is oranges and browns in-game, the green is just the weird lighting on the pic.