News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Batman: Arkham Origins

Started by Midnite, April 09, 2013, 03:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bat1987

Looks pretty cool. Really looking forward to fights with these assassins. But they just have to have Lady Shiva somewhere in the mix. Very obvious choice, but one that I'm hoping for.

murs47

Whoa! She was pretty awesome!

Tomato

Gamestop exclusive DLC is to play as Black Mask in challenge maps.

Really? playing as Black Mask? I mean, yeah, I really like the character, but he's crime boss, not a fighter. I wouldn't want to play as Two Face either, and he's my favorite batman villain. I REALLY hope it's a mistake.

bat1987

OK, this was unexpected!

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-15690-Batman--Arkham-Origins-Multiplayer-Hands-On-Preview-----Heroes-and-Zeroes.html

If it plays as cool as it sounds, can't wait for it. I'm usually against multiplayer in these type of games, but this sounds like lots of fun.

BentonGrey

That sounds pretty interesting.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

bat1987

Quote from: BentonGrey on July 31, 2013, 03:31:32 PM
That sounds pretty interesting.

It really does, and the fact they hired additional dev team (splash damage) to make it, reassures me this won't affect the quality of the campaign mode.

captainawesome

Seems like an interesting idea. Still, if they're doing multiplayer, I would much rather have a two player co-op mode (one as Batman, one as Nightwing, Robin, or Batgirl). Probably not for the regular campaign, but some long side missions would be great. I think that it would make predator challenges a lot more interesting.

Podmark

That does seem like a pretty cool multiplayer. I don't really play much online multiplayer but I'll certainly give this a try at least once.
Robins new design seems nice from what I can see.

Co-op would be a lot of fun, but I gotta be honest the Arkham games are near perfection the thought of changing them makes me nervous.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

detourne_me

did anyone else get a beta invite?   I havent been able to register my invite yet... i JUST got home from vacation.
i never even knew there would be a beta for this game..

Tomato

Quote from: Podmark on August 01, 2013, 02:59:04 AM
That does seem like a pretty cool multiplayer. I don't really play much online multiplayer but I'll certainly give this a try at least once.
Robins new design seems nice from what I can see.

Co-op would be a lot of fun, but I gotta be honest the Arkham games are near perfection the thought of changing them makes me nervous.

From what I understand, multiplayer is actually separate from the game itself and is more along the lines of the challenge modes in previous games... optional to the main story, and purely for fans who just want to get a bit more life out of the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXJUD-h77yw -more info

So, if I wasn't enthusiastic about the game before, I'm definitely getting it now. Need to see the preorder bonuses.

captainawesome

Wow, just read that the Wii U version won't have multiplayer. That's irritating. Still, the pc version should be good.

Tomato

I got an "invite" as well, but it's more just registering for a potential beta if they deign you worthy... so we'll see.

Anyway, pre-orders officially paid for. Ps3 main game, 3ds portable (don't have a vita, don't really want one)

bat1987

Nowhere to run trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vJY9eHFdAU

Lots of cool new stuff revealed Firefly, Alfred, Gordon. Boss fights look like they are gonna be a blast.

One thing did bother me, I don't like how Alfred sounds for some reason.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Okay, the new Batman and Joker voices aren't bad.  Not exactly the same, but close enough to pass as younger versions of the same character.  I'm rather impressed, actually.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Podmark

If the trailers are any indication, this game is going to be awesome!
Looks like the boss fights will involve more direct combat, which is great. I read an article where the devs were saying they wanted to make the boss fights more like the Mr. Freeze one. Good choice.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

bat1987

Achievements leaked
http://www.exophase.com/game/ozzy-codename-xbox/achievements/

This confirms a new assassin

Spoiler
Lady Shiva! Can't wait!

Tomato

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=pAn49oUtHJE#t=129 -Wow. I mean... wow.

Guys... I know none of us ever wanted to see Mark Hamill step down, but really, if he's gotta be replaced... I'm glad they got Troy to do it. Dude gets it.

bat1987

Wow is all I can say. Sad to see Hamill go ofc but that was awesome sauce.

Tomato

In other news, the sixth official assassin reveal happened at NYCC, the Electrocutioner.

(I'm gonna be honest guys, the fact that we're seeing so many obscure villains get the punched up arkham treatment makes me sad that we haven't seen the likes of Ventriloquist or Man Bat (the later not even being referenced.))

Also, Arkham Origins will have a tie-in game for the droid/ios. That's... a thing.

laughing paradox

I like Electrocutioner's design in the game. I also like that they are using characters we don't normally see in games.

I'm really stoked about Lady Shiva! She's a personal favorite.

I might even buy the Season Pass for the game. I've seen some videos of the multiplayer mode and it looks like a lot of fun.

JeyNyce

I already pre-order the collector's edition and the season pass.  I didn't know you could pre-order a season pass, they really want your money, huh?
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

BentonGrey

Wow, that is quite impressive.  He sounds just like Hamill, meaning, he sounds just like the Joker.  That's pretty awesome.

Also, the Electrocutioner?  Ha, cool.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Tomato

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPy1PvEi76M -this was a pretty funny commercial for the game. Love how the doctor's just kind of like "eh, seen worse"

Gremlin

Quote from: Tomato on October 13, 2013, 06:18:18 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=pAn49oUtHJE#t=129 -Wow. I mean... wow.

Guys... I know none of us ever wanted to see Mark Hamill step down, but really, if he's gotta be replaced... I'm glad they got Troy to do it. Dude gets it.

Ah, I'm torn between loving how much he sounds like Hamill and hating how much he's trying to sound like Hamill.

I like him more than not-Kevin Conroy, though.

JeyNyce

I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

Tomato

So, despite my copy of the game guide likely arriving tomorrow (it's in the state already, amd we have all of saturday to get it to my house) the games will likely not arrive until tuesday/wednesday. This is a game I'm really looking forward to, and the fact that I have to wait when I have the weekend off irks me.

In other words, if a single one of you posts spoilers without the tags, I will track you down and gut you like a fish. You have been warned.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Warning well taken.  Also, PC's rule.  I had my copy immediately ready to go at midnight.

So as to avoid Tomato's wrath, I will mostly say that I am enjoying it so far.  Actually, I've barely played, so I know nothing to spoil anyways.  I plan on trying the multiplayer mode at some point tonight as well, so I'll let you all know about that.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Podmark

Did any of you get to the second act yet? It was crazy when Tim Drake killed the Joker!!!

Anyway looks like my copy won't arrive until early next week. Disappointing but I'll manage. Watched a review and the game looks great. The only real complaint I've heard is that it doesn't innovate much from City, and I'm fine with that. Didn't expect it to anyway.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

bat1987

Quote from: Podmark on October 26, 2013, 05:17:14 AM
Watched a review and the game looks great. The only real complaint I've heard is that it doesn't innovate much from City, and I'm fine with that. Didn't expect it to anyway.

I noticed in some reviews that since its not made by Rocksteady, that they are nitpicking a lot and trying to find something wrong. The fact that they are complaining about not much innovation here and not on CoD games is really funny.

That being said, they did go "if it ain't broke don't fix it" route here (won't get to play until wednesday just judging by the videos), and I'm ok with that since this is obviously here to keep us playing until next Rocksteady Arkham entry.