News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

"Lord Jay" by Fusion

Started by spydermann93, May 12, 2013, 03:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amazo Version 2.2

i think that the skope by naitvalis had a heavily kitbasshed skin on it, so i don't think it was releasable as is.
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: spydermann93 on October 07, 2013, 02:57:13 PM
Hello,

I am wondering if anybody has any skins or meshes that could be used as generic Atlantean Soldiers, perhaps from both DC and Marvel, if available.  I haven't been able to find much of anything other than the two atlantean meshes in Benton's DCUG mod.

EDIT:

I am also looking for the "valan-darr" skin for the Deathstroke mesh.  I unfortunately have no idea who created it or what it looks like, so I'm afraid that the name is all that I have to go by.

If it helps, Mr. Aratak used this skin for one of his Atlantean minion files.

If you have an idea in mind for what you want your Atlanteans to look like, I would be willing to try and skope one or two if someone would be willing to skin them.

As for the "Valan-Darr" skin, it doesn't sound familiar, but I'd be happy to check my back up disks for you.

spydermann93

Quote from: Cyber Burn on October 07, 2013, 11:03:06 PM
Quote from: spydermann93 on October 07, 2013, 02:57:13 PM
Hello,

I am wondering if anybody has any skins or meshes that could be used as generic Atlantean Soldiers, perhaps from both DC and Marvel, if available.  I haven't been able to find much of anything other than the two atlantean meshes in Benton's DCUG mod.

EDIT:

I am also looking for the "valan-darr" skin for the Deathstroke mesh.  I unfortunately have no idea who created it or what it looks like, so I'm afraid that the name is all that I have to go by.

If it helps, Mr. Aratak used this skin for one of his Atlantean minion files.

If you have an idea in mind for what you want your Atlanteans to look like, I would be willing to try and skope one or two if someone would be willing to skin them.

As for the "Valan-Darr" skin, it doesn't sound familiar, but I'd be happy to check my back up disks for you.

That would be great, on both accounts :D

Really, I'm just looking for two simple scopes: one with a gun and one with a trident or some type of melee weapon.

Kind of like the hero-clix figure:

Spoiler

Cyber Burn

I think I could put something like that together if you don't mind waiting a few days.

spydermann93

Quote from: Cyber Burn on October 07, 2013, 11:16:19 PM
I think I could put something like that together if you don't mind waiting a few days.

Not at all, Cyber. Take your time. No worries, mate.

Thank you very much for your help, as always :thumbup:

Cyber Burn

Cool, consider it done.

And before I forget, is there a specific mesh that has a specific type of gun that you want?

spydermann93

Quote from: Cyber Burn on October 08, 2013, 12:03:37 AM
Cool, consider it done.

And before I forget, is there a specific mesh that has a specific type of gun that you want?

Oops, that would have been smart of me to specify before, haha :P

I think that the gun from the EldarGuardian mesh by Valandar would work best

Spoiler

If you don't have the mesh, I'd be more than happy to send it your way.

Cyber Burn

Definitely send it my way if you could please. I'm not sure if I have it.

spydermann93

spydermann93

Quote from: Randomdays on October 08, 2013, 08:08:15 AM
Sorry Spyder - no Valan Darr found

No problem, RD. Thanks for looking, though :D

Cyber Burn

Unfortunately, I have to say the same, but I do still want to check out a few more resources for you.

spydermann93

Quote from: Cyber Burn on October 08, 2013, 01:12:05 PM

Unfortunately, I have to say the same, but I do still want to check out a few more resources for you.

No problem, mate.

I really appreciate you looking around for it, though. :)

Cyber Burn

I still have a couple more disks to go through, but I'm not getting my hopes up on those ones. In researching this, I found that at one point there was a Yahoo Group with skins by Mr. Aratak, but unfortunately the group seems to have gone under, and I haven't been able to find anywhere else his skins may have been hosted.

I very much dislike having to give bad news, sorry Spyder.

spydermann93

Quote from: Cyber Burn on October 09, 2013, 01:03:25 AM
I still have a couple more disks to go through, but I'm not getting my hopes up on those ones. In researching this, I found that at one point there was a Yahoo Group with skins by Mr. Aratak, but unfortunately the group seems to have gone under, and I haven't been able to find anywhere else his skins may have been hosted.

I very much dislike having to give bad news, sorry Spyder.

No worries at all, mate.

Thanks for your efforts! :thumbup:

spydermann93

Hello,

I am wondering if anybody has Valandar's Godzilla mk3 mesh.

It used to be hosted at NPI in the meshworks, but since the site is down, I cannot access it. :(

My e-mail is holy_pilgrim90@yahoo.com

Thanks for the help :)

Cyber Burn

Quote from: spydermann93 on October 07, 2013, 11:14:20 PM

Really, I'm just looking for two simple scopes: one with a gun and one with a trident or some type of melee weapon.

Spoiler

Ok...I'm going to apologize...again (I really seem to be doing this a lot lately). I put together a quick skope based on the HeroClix figure, obviously there was no skin yet, hadn't even mapped it out yet. But then I went back and took a look at the skope that Naitvalis did. Personally, in my opinion, the HeroClix figure is designed more for an underwater battle, whereas Nait's is more for land warfare. I just couldn't, in good faith, send what I had to you. I can't even begin tell you how fast I hit "DELETE" on that.

On the other hand, I do have a few ideas based on Nait's design. I don't want to copy what he did, so other than the gun that you requested, there really should not be many similarities to Nait's.

This is going a lot slower than anticipated because of how crappy I've been feeling. However, once this is finished, I think that the only thing I would need in order for this to be released would be a skinner. If any one is interested in skinning these (There are two planned, one with a trident, and one with a gun, maybe one or two more with different weapons just for a little more variety), please contact me either in this thread or by PM. In the event that more than one person contacts me, I am absolutely alright with having multiple, alternate skins.

Wow, I just realized how long I've been writing this, if not for dozing off at my computer, I probably could have finished the first skope by now.

And on that note, I think I will stop rambling, I won't know if my post made sense until the morning when I'm more coherent.

spydermann93

Quote from: Cyber Burn on October 16, 2013, 06:22:46 AM
Quote from: spydermann93 on October 07, 2013, 11:14:20 PM

Spoiler

Ok...I'm going to apologize...again (I really seem to be doing this a lot lately). I put together a quick skope based on the HeroClix figure, obviously there was no skin yet, hadn't even mapped it out yet. But then I went back and took a look at the skope that Naitvalis did. Personally, in my opinion, the HeroClix figure is designed more for an underwater battle, whereas Nait's is more for land warfare. I just couldn't, in good faith, send what I had to you. I can't even begin tell you how fast I hit "DELETE" on that.

On the other hand, I do have a few ideas based on Nait's design. I don't want to copy what he did, so other than the gun that you requested, there really should not be many similarities to Nait's.

This is going a lot slower than anticipated because of how crappy I've been feeling. However, once this is finished, I think that the only thing I would need in order for this to be released would be a skinner. If any one is interested in skinning these (There are two planned, one with a trident, and one with a gun, maybe one or two more with different weapons just for a little more variety), please contact me either in this thread or by PM. In the event that more than one person contacts me, I am absolutely alright with having multiple, alternate skins.

Wow, I just realized how long I've been writing this, if not for dozing off at my computer, I probably could have finished the first skope by now.

And on that note, I think I will stop rambling, I won't know if my post made sense until the morning when I'm more coherent.

Haha, like I said before, it's all good, mate.

Just be sure to take care of yourself first and get some sleep. No need to die over making me a skope, haha :P

Cyber Burn

Hey Spyder, I'm sorry for the delay, but I am still working on the Trident wielding Atlantean Soldier. I'm not totally happy with what I've done so far, so I've restarted a few times. I really don't want to release something that I'm not happy with, but once I get this one done though, the gun wielding version should go pretty quickly.

spydermann93

Quote from: Cyber Burn on October 21, 2013, 02:18:45 PM
Hey Spyder, I'm sorry for the delay, but I am still working on the Trident wielding Atlantean Soldier. I'm not totally happy with what I've done so far, so I've restarted a few times. I really don't want to release something that I'm not happy with, but once I get this one done though, the gun wielding version should go pretty quickly.

No problem, Cyber. Thanks for the update.

Just so you don't feel so stressed with getting this done; as of yesterday, my primary computer started refusing to work, so I have no idea when I'll get that fixed.  As of now, I am using a temporary netbook, so I can't really do anything for the time being.

I completely understand not releasing a project unless you are happy with it.  I can honestly say that if an author puts effort into his or her project and his happy with it, then I will be more than satisfied.

Again, thank you for all of your work, Cyber. I really appreciate the effort.  But don't feel bad if there is a delay or if it takes longer than expected to finish it.  I completely understand the situation. :)

Cyber Burn

Thanks for being understanding about this, I tend to be very hard on myself when I commit to something and then not get it done right in a timely manner.

spydermann93

Quote from: Cyber Burn on October 23, 2013, 11:36:34 PM
Thanks for being understanding about this, I tend to be very hard on myself when I commit to something and then not get it done right in a timely manner.

I know exactly what you mean, Cyber.

It can get pretty stressful at times, that's for sure. :P

Cyber Burn

Here's a pic of where I'm at so far, but I'm still working on mapping the pieces. A couple of things, First, I know having both the helmet and the bubble seems kind of redundant, but I wanted to go for more of a warrior type look, and having the bald head just didn't quite look the part. Second, the sword is just for show, there are no animations for it, but it looked kind of cool. Since this was your request, I wanted to get some input from you. Is there anything you would like to see added, anything you don't like and want removed? I would also take feedback from anyone else too, honesty is appreciated, and I promise I wont be offended.

Also, once I do finish with this, would anyone be interested in skinning it? The only issue in regards to the skin is that the backpack does not have the (Refl) and (Glow) added since I don't know how to add them if the original mesh piece didn't already have them enabled.

There will also be a gun toting version, and maybe one or two more with other weapons for variety (I do so love my cannon fodder). And of course those would need skins as well.

hoss20

First off, I'd be happy to help with the refl/glow issue.
Secondly, that skope rocks!  :thumbup:

spydermann93

Quote from: hoss20 on October 26, 2013, 01:10:10 AM
First off, I'd be happy to help with the refl/glow issue.
Secondly, that skope rocks!  :thumbup:

I could not agree more!

The Atlantean looks incredible, Cyber! :thumbup:

Cyber Burn

Thanks guys, I'm glad you like it. I think I'll use this as a general design, but make each Soldier just a bit different to make that type unique.

Hoss, I will gladly take you up on your offer, this will allow me to use the backpack for the other skopes as well so I can have a bit of consistency with the designs. I finished the mapping last night, so I'll go ahead and zip it up and send it your way. I can't tell you enough how much I appreciate all the times that you've helped me out with my skopes, thank you.

Cyber Burn

Hey Spyder, I hate to ask this, but how flexible are you in regards to using Val's Gun? I'm having a bit of difficulty in getting it done right, possibly because I am moving it from a left hand to right hand, not quite sure. On the other hand though, I am still looking for a left-handed gun mesh in order to use this gun so that I can have a variety of Soldiers to offer.