News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

adding sound effects to custom fx

Started by Jimaras8, May 13, 2013, 06:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimaras8

Howdy fellas, i have created a couple of new fx lately to FFedit one of them being web ball for spidey. The fx goes smothly except from the fact that it doesnt have sound ffect. I would like to add the same sound effect that web blast and web yank have. I followed the frunlimited tutorial but to no avail. Still no sound in game. I examplify it to you just to be more specific. Web ball fx, web blast or yank sound eedects to web ball. Any ideas?

spydermann93

Firstly, make sure that in FFEdit, the Primary Data Path is the same path as the mod you wish to use.

Now, go to your FX tab and find the name of the FX you wish to add a sound file to.

In this example, we are going to use "webb_ball"

Now, in the Sounds tab, find a good tangling sound. I used "fx_tangle_beam_2" for mine, but it might be different for you.

Now copy that sound via the "Copy" button at the bottom of the window, and it should make something like "fx_tangle_beam_insert_number_here"

Click on that and select "Rename" at the bottom. Now, name it "fx_webb_ball_2". The "_2" indicates that this is the sound that will play while the object is in the air, after it has left the character's body.

Now, find "fx_theant_punch_3". Copy it just like you did with "fx_tangle_beam_2" and rename it to "fx_webb_ball_3".  The "_3" indicates the sound that the FX will make when it makes contact with another character or object.

Now click "Save" at the bottom and you are done!

Whenever you wish to make a sound file of an FX, just follow this template:

fx_POWERNAME_1 ; the sound that is made before being launched
fx_POWERNAME_2 ; the sound that is made during travel
fx_POWERNAME_3 ; the sound that is made upon contact

Jimaras8

My own personal spydermann!!! I will check you out again bro. As for the photos i havent forgotten, iwill upload tomorrow. Sorry if iam wearing out with this, english aint my native language, maybe thats why i havent been clear. Thx for helping again webhead  :thumbup: