News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Heroes Mass

Started by Jimaras8, June 26, 2013, 06:49:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimaras8

I was wondering if characters mass and the lbs that they weight have any impact in game apart from lore precision. Secondly how can i change their mass. I ts pretty abnoxious that my hulk weights 170 lbs. Finally i would reaaly be grateful if someone pointed me to a site where heroes masses are noted. I would like my chars to be as realistic as possible.

spydermann93

Using the EZHero Tool, you can adjust weight.

Naturally, more weight means that the character will be tougher to knockback.

As I know that you have been converting heroes to mods' dat file, in the "Templates" tab, you can adjust weight by changing the "mass" value.

I highly suggest setting your heroes' weight with a hero tool of some kind, before then, as when converting, it will automatically adjust the weight to what your character had.

Jimaras8

Ok that seems easy. Spyder do you know any database that contains Marvel heroes masses?

spydermann93

Quote from: Jimaras8 on June 26, 2013, 07:13:56 PM
Ok that seems easy. Spyder do you know any database that contains Marvel heroes masses?

Marvel Wikia has the weight of about 90% of anybody you could find.

stumpy

Keep in mind that the mass set in FFEdit is mass before the material multiplier. That is, the base material is flesh and setting the mass of a hero with that material to 100 in FFEdit will make his mass in-game 100 kg (220 lbm). But, if his material is, for example, stone, then the material multiplier for stone is 2.5, so a mass setting of 100 in FFEdit will result in an in-game mass of 250 kg. I think that the hero editor programs take care of the extra conversion for you, but you will want to take the mass factors into account if you are doing this directly via FFEdit.

The following table has the Mass Factor for each material. The last few (past cloth) are used by FFX.

MaterialMass Factor
flesh1.00
metal3.00
stone2.50
rubber1.25
fire0.75
energy1.00
air0.10
wood1.50
concrete2.50
frozen1.50
cloth1.00
flesh1.00
darkmatter1.00
ectoplasm1.00
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg