Falling A Little Bit Behind...

Started by Cyber Burn, July 01, 2013, 02:08:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyber Burn

:P

Shazam

You're back, I'm back, let's all party  :lol:
Pursue perfection, but accept excellence.
http://www.tskr.webeden.co.uk/

cmdrkoenig67

Amazo Version 2.2

i hope your vacation wetn well, now get back to work on night thrasher.  :P
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

Deaths Jester

Quote from: Shazam on July 01, 2013, 06:23:48 PM

We were already partying before you showed up...so no reason to throw another party when the original is already going on...right?
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

Shazam

Quote from: Deaths Jester on July 02, 2013, 02:22:03 PM
Quote from: Shazam on July 01, 2013, 06:23:48 PM

We were already partying before you showed up...so no reason to throw another party when the original is already going on...right?

Nice welcome back from a fellow NPI member, cheers
Pursue perfection, but accept excellence.
http://www.tskr.webeden.co.uk/

Amazo Version 2.2

Quote from: Amazo Version 2.2 on July 02, 2013, 02:14:25 PM
i hope your vacation wetn well, now get back to work on night thrasher.  :P

did you ever get back to night thrasher? i havent seen anything new about it
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

Cyber Burn

Amazo Version 2.2

to quote my current favorite wrestler, daniel bryan, "YES! YES! YES!"

Spoiler
cyber has agreed to return to freedom reborn

Spoiler
it took some nudging, but he said he misses skoping and he misses the people here, so he will return

:thumbup:

Cyber Burn

Epimethee

Really glad to have you back, CB!
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

Cyber Burn

Cyber Burn

hoss20

I'm sorry to hear that you're having computer issues. I'm always available to help out if you need someone to check out your skopes if you're working on anything new.

Did you lose all of your content or just the ability to access it? If you've lost stuff or maybe need a mesh to use a piece for a skope, hit me up and I'll see if I have it.

Cyber Burn

Randomdays

I lost a ton of stuff on a hard drive crash a couple of years ago. Instead of HDs, I either do backup disks as always, or for data I want to be changing or editing, I put works in progress on sd cards. A little slower, but small and compact and no moving parts to fail. So far not one problem. And if the computer were to die, I can just pop it out and put the card in a different computer, and off I go.

A 32 gig SD card right now is under $20, so its not as big as a hit in the wallet all at once either

BentonGrey

I can't believe I hadn't commented on this yet!  I'm glad you're back with us, CB, as I've said to you already.  FR isn't the same without you, man.

I've been using Carbonite online storage, and I rather like that.  It's saved me tons of heartache over the last five years or so.  It's like $50 bucks for a year's subscription, which seems pretty fair.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Cyber Burn

spydermann93

That really sucks to hear, Cyber. At least you have a little bit of your files backed-up.

If there is anything that you're missing, I'd be glad to see if I have a copy and send it to you.

I hope you're able to get everything fixed soon, though.  I definitely know how much it stinks when your HDD dies and your computer refuses to work.

Epimethee

Cyber Burn

Epimethee

Ouch. Most families come with, ahem, baggage, but at the end of the day, still provide support, respect and comfort. It must be pretty awful if you're contemplating leaving behind so much. I do hope the relationship with your family improves sooner rather than later.

daglob

For years my family treated most everybody better than me. I just waited them out.

Sometimes, though, it was a near thing.

BentonGrey

I've always been very grateful for my in-laws.  They are crazy, but they are good people, and they've always treated me well.  I just wish my wife were so lucky...

My family is crazy, and while they've always treated Lady Grey well, their madness is of a less benevolent sort.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

Cyber Burn

spydermann93

Quote from: Cyber Burn on November 20, 2013, 02:36:43 AM
When it comes to family, it really amuses me how quickly they forget what they post on Facebook.

It's not ok to lie to my face about something especially when they have posted something contradictory on their timeline/wall/whatever.

It's even worse when they post pictures of the family gathering that "Never occurred".

It seriously breaks my heart when my daughter sees these pictures and I can't answer her question of "Why wasn't I invited?".

I avoid Facebook when she's around because of this, but once in a while, she'll sneak up behind me when she can't sleep.

And this is a big part of why I am willing to walk away from everything and start over.

That is just terrible, Cyber.  I am sincerely sorry to hear that they would do something like that to you.

I am in agreement with you of starting over if that means that you can get away from this terrible treatment.  Do what you need to do to find yourself some happiness. You really deserve to be happy based on how willing to help and how kind you have been to the many members on this forum. Seriously, based on even the small discussions that I've had the pleasure of having with you, you're a really nice guy and completely undeserving of crap like this. It pains me so much when such kind and generous people get stepped on and lied to.

But, as odd as this sounds, and as tough as it is, just remember to always keep your family in your prayers. This sounds very strange; I know.  They do something as terrible as this to you and you should show them kindness? It's not the typical response, but please do not treat them the way that they treat you.  Hatred only ever breeds more hatred.  They're still your family, and even if one thinks that they are undeserving of any sort of compassion (which I can completely understand why), I still believe in wishing everybody the best.

daglob

Would it be ugly of me to suggest that it soulds like your family needs praying for?

Cyber Burn

Cyber Burn

BentonGrey

Well, I know you can do it, and a quick check confirms my suspicions that you can actually just use "save as" in Word to do so.  I THINK that works pretty well, if memory serves.
God Bless