Falling A Little Bit Behind...

Started by Cyber Burn, July 01, 2013, 02:08:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyber Burn

:P

Epimethee

If you have an older version of Word which doesn't export to PDF, IIRC, you can use the free (as in beer) Ghostscript as a printer driver. Another solution would be to open the document using the free (as in freedom) Libre Office or Open Office.

(Geek note: ...Or you can use a Mac, whose display technology is based on PDF, giving out-of-the-box PDF export to every app.)
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

Panther_Gunn

There's also a few other free pdf programs that you can export a file as a pdf, such as CutePDF, which installs itself as an available printer that you can "print" to, and it outputs the file as a pdf.  Not sure if it's ever editable with a full version of Acrobat or some other program, though.
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

Cyber Burn

BentonGrey

God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Cyber Burn

spydermann93

Quote from: Cyber Burn on December 15, 2013, 02:25:00 AM
Well, my Computer finally died. I've been expecting it to happen for a while, but it seems that today was my lucky day.

That sucks.  My computer died about a month and a half ago, and that one costed me about $1,200.  I definitely feel your loss.

If there's anything that I can do to help you recover anything, feel free to send me a message.

Deaths Jester

Quote from: Cyber Burn on December 15, 2013, 02:25:00 AM
Well, my Computer finally died. I've been expecting it to happen for a while, but it seems that today was my lucky day.

Well at least it didn't blow up...last comp I had that gave up literally blew up...well actually the hard drive blew up but it took out a good chunk of the motherboard and left some flaming bits near the dvd player...was really quite fun to watch if it weren't for the fact it meant a new build needed.
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

Cyber Burn

Outcast

Sorry to hear about your computer problems Cyber. Hopefully you can still get back some of your stuff in there.

Cyber Burn

Randomdays

I Just screwed up the install of my FF by trying to put in some maps and messing up my dats. This gave me the chance though to reinstall on a 32gig SD card. Now I have FF, maps, ffxs, mods and all the characters in one place. If the computer should happen to die, they should be safe.

I had tried doing the same a couple of years ago on a USB HD, but it died and took everything with it. Hopefully the SD card is safer with no moving parts in it. I still have my backup dvds and the stuff I made in my yahoo groups as well just in case.

Cyber Burn

Tomato

Yeah, I no longer have faith in them either... especially dealing with a laptop for 4 years, external hard drives really only lasted 6 months to a year before needing replacement. I've got my laptop hard drive hooked up as an external at the moment, but all the important stuff is saved to my main computer and I only use it because I haven't bothered to move stuff over.

Cyber Burn

Cyber Burn

spydermann93

Quote from: Cyber Burn on December 23, 2013, 04:59:25 PM
I'd also like to thank you guys for letting me vent. Between the home repairs I've had to do, my car breaking down earlier this month, my computer crashing, and my cat passing away, I've been a bit on the down side. All I can say is thank you, the support and friendship that I've received from the community over the years has always been appreciated. I have always been grateful that I've had FR to escape to.

Not to sound cheesy, but you'll always have a place here to escape to.  We all wish you the best, mate :thumbup:

Cyber Burn

Cyber Burn

spydermann93

Quote from: Cyber Burn on December 24, 2013, 01:08:43 AM
Finally, some good news (For me anyways). The Tech Guy who was working on my PC said he was able to salvage everything, including all of my FF stuff. Now I just need a new PC to put it all on.

That's awesome, Cyber! :thumbup:

Podmark

Glad to see you finally got some good news CB!
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Cyber Burn

WyldFyre

Glad your data was recoverable. Here's hoping more good news is coming.
For Freedom!

Cyber Burn

AfghanAnt

I bought a new computer hoping to work on more FF stuff and now I have no interest in doing any of it. :/

hoss20

I know my RL issues have kept me from doing a lot of the stuff I have on my plate or was planning to do FR-wise. So, yeah, I'm definitely feeling it.  :(

laughing paradox

Quote from: hoss20 on March 13, 2014, 05:23:52 PM
I know my RL issues have kept me from doing a lot of the stuff I have on my plate or was planning to do FR-wise. So, yeah, I'm definitely feeling it.  :(

My skopes come first! ;)

I've been burned out before.. I started feeling it lately after the Serpent Society.. until I read the Suicide Squad by Ostrander all over again.

But I think after the Suicide Squad and a few other things I've promised, I'm going back into burn out mode for a little while.

Cyber Burn

Podmark

I wouldn't say I'm burned out, but I did take an intentional mini break from skinning. Just needed to concentrate on other things. Skinning again now but it will take a bit before I show anything new.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

deano_ue

Truthfully I just don't give a rats arse about anything at the moment :/