Guardians of the Galaxy - 2014

Started by spydermann93, July 22, 2013, 10:55:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spydermann93

Podmark

I'm a little iffy on the designs right now. I mean they look like the characters (except Starlord), they're just different. I'm wondering if that's really Starlord true costume. They had a reasonably accurate prop for his helmet at Comicon, so maybe not.

This is probably the movie I'm most intrigued about. If they can pull it off that would be awesome.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

BentonGrey

I'd be more interested if this were the original concept of GoG, as I don't really know these guys, and I love the idea of the first iteration.  It has all kinds of mileage in this day of sprawling sci-fi epics.  I hope they'll do a good job, but this is the Marvel film that I'm least interested in.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Podmark

Quote from: BentonGrey on July 23, 2013, 02:41:14 AM
I'd be more interested if this were the original concept of GoG, as I don't really know these guys, and I love the idea of the first iteration.

And to show the other side I'd have little interest if it was the first team. Admittedly I only have a little experience with them but the characters never captured my interest.
Did I ever mention that Vance Astro was a regular character in the DnA GotG series and Starhawk appeared quite a bit? The whole classic GotG team made at least one appearance in the series.

Yondu will be appearing in the movie, but I think he's an antagonist of somekind. Michael Rooker is playing him.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

BentonGrey

DnA?  No, not an antagonist...that's sad. :(
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

Podmark

Quote from: BentonGrey on July 23, 2013, 02:58:03 AM
DnA?  No, not an antagonist...that's sad. :(

Sorry, Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning,the writers of the previous Guardians of the Galaxy series that this movie is inspired by. DnA is their common nickname.

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

MJB

Yondu being an antagonist is purely speculation. Michael Rooker does play an excellent villain but as far as I know no one has confirmed that his Yondu is evil. Just sayin'.

billdamn22

Well, I for one have high hopes for this movie. I think that their approach to it is spot on. The classic team was too... meh with Yondu being the only intriguing character. I just hope that all the rumors swirling around about Vin Diesel being in a Marvel movie turn out to him doing voice work for Groot. I really don't want to see him in Avengers 2...or any Marvel movie for that matter. His voice I can deal with.

BWPS

Quote from: billdamn22 on July 23, 2013, 09:00:26 PM
Well, I for one have high hopes for this movie. I think that their approach to it is spot on. The classic team was too... meh with Yondu being the only intriguing character. I just hope that all the rumors swirling around about Vin Diesel being in a Marvel movie turn out to him doing voice work for Groot. I really don't want to see him in Avengers 2...or any Marvel movie for that matter. His voice I can deal with.

Agreed,  he does a great robot voice but isn't a great actor.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

Glitch Girl

Color me intrigued.  This looks like it's gonna be fun.

BTW: someone took a screencap of Starlord's rap sheet.
http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/3341/i5qo.jpg

EDIT: And I made one of Rocket's rap sheet.
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Talavar

This looks like it's going to be a lot of fun.

BentonGrey

I will say this, GoG looks like it fits right in with the tone and style of the Marvel Movieverse, and that is very cool.  I'm not entirely sure what to make of the trailer yet, though.  I'm hopeful, but I'll rerserve my excitement for Captain America 2.
God Bless

BWPS

I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

JeyNyce

It looks like it's going to be a fun movie with a lot of action
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

Podmark

First trailer looks promising. I'm really looking forward to this. I can't believe we're getting a Guardians movie!
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

bat1987

Looks like it's gonna be fun.
But the
Spoiler
"bunch of A-holes"
line seemed kinda forced.

Wasn't a big fan of either Thor 2 or IM3, Cap 2 looks awesome so far and this one looks promising all in all. Looking forward to both films really.

lugaru

Looks like the closest thing to a Marvel comedy, I mean obviosly action packed and stuff. I expect it to be similar in tone to Thor 2... very over the top and fairly silly in a good way.

At worst it will be like the Fantastic Four movies... which where not great but did have a fun loving sense of adventure that more serious comic movies lacked.

MJB

Didn't really have any expectations for this flick before the trailer. Now that I have seen the first trailer you can color me excited. Looks like fun!

-MJB

Cyber Burn

Hmmm, I thought I had already posted here.

When I first heard there was going to be GotG movie, I will admit that I was really hoping for the original team. I grew up with them, and have a fondness for the Characters. But after seeing the Trailer, I will agree that this incarnation is probably more visually stimulating than the original team.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Nice to see then in their uniforms.  Should be interesting.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

XStream

Quote from: MJB on February 21, 2014, 06:23:50 AM
Didn't really have any expectations for this flick before the trailer. Now that I have seen the first trailer you can color me excited. Looks like fun!

-MJB

:bandwagon

August can not come soon enough. This movie is looking awesome. The trailers have me pretty excited.
I am not, nor have I ever been a Rude Naked Hero!

BentonGrey

The movie is looking pretty cool.  In fact, it is looking so good, that I rather wish they were going more straight-forward action flick and less humor.  The "funny" bits just seem a bit jarring in the trailers, as the rest of the movie look so epic.  I'm giving Marvel the benefit of the doubt, though, and hoping that everything will even out in the final analysis.

:EDIT: Ohh...hmm...is that Ronan the Accuser I saw on that trailer?  Notice the hammer-like weapon the villain was using.  I'm thinking it might be him, which would be really cool.
God Bless

Talavar

Quote from: BentonGrey on May 22, 2014, 03:10:55 AM
The movie is looking pretty cool.  In fact, it is looking so good, that I rather wish they were going more straight-forward action flick and less humor.  The "funny" bits just seem a bit jarring in the trailers, as the rest of the movie look so epic.  I'm giving Marvel the benefit of the doubt, though, and hoping that everything will even out in the final analysis.

:EDIT: Ohh...hmm...is that Ronin the Accuser I saw on that trailer?  Notice the hammer-like weapon the villain was using.  I'm thinking it might be him, which would be really cool.

Yep, that's Ronan.  I'm very excited about this!

BentonGrey

Very cool!  I have an irrational fondness for Ronan, I suppose because he's so freaking cool-looking!
God Bless

HarryTrotter

I hope This will be good.Seriosly Marvel dont mess this up.
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

hoss20

It looks like the video was pulled from the previous link. This preview link was posted on the Marvel Heroes site: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=591299944318365

I realize part of the link says, "photo", but it is the full trailer.

HarryTrotter

We lacked a good space opera these days.This is kinda like Outlaw Star the movie.
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer