News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Problem with CT2 Steam

Started by Artemis, August 14, 2013, 06:00:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Artemis

Hi, after managing to install the mod tools I'm having trouble with Character Tool 2 for  :ffvstr:

When i try to open the program I get the following errors consecutively.

I did place some .dll files into the same directory as the .exe files and also into the system32 folder which allowed me to open FFEDIT and the NifViewer now opens. But the CT2 won't open, just the above errors. Any help is greatly appreciated.

stumpy

Where is your base game directory? I wonder if Steam doesn't update the Windows Registry with the game info in the same way that the CD installations did and perhaps the Character Tool is querying the Registry for information (like which language was installed) and not getting an answer it can use.

You might want to open your registry and see what's there. The CD version of the installer used to add keys that looked something like this
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Irrational Games]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Irrational Games\FFVTTR]
"GUID"=hex:5a,1d,ff,11,74,24,3e,4b,ba,5f,0d,03,c2,5e,8e,88
"GameExe"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\games\\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\\ffvt3r.exe"
"InstallDir"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\games\\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich"
"SourceDir"="j:"
"ADMIN_RIGHTS"="SECUROM_ERR_ADMIN_RIGHTS"
"NO_DISC"="SECUROM_ERR_NO_DISC"
"NO_DRIVE"="SECUROM_ERR_NO_DRIVE"
"TITLEBAR"="SECUROM_ERR_TITLEBAR"
"WRONG_DISC"="SECUROM_ERR_WRONG_DISC"
"EMULATION_DETECTED"="SECUROM_ERR_EMULATION_DETECTED"
"AUTH_TIMEOUT"="SECUROM_ERR_AUTH_TIMEOUT"
"NO_ORIG_FOUND"="SECUROM_ERR_NO_ORIG_FOUND"
"Game"="ffvt3r.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Irrational Games\FFVTTR Edit]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Irrational Games\FFVTTR Edit\Paths]
"Sounds"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\games\\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\\Sounds"
"LangInputDir"=""
"LangOutputDir"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\games\\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\\Data\\Lang\\English"
"Local"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\games\\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\\ffx3"
"Server"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\games\\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\\Data"
"Nif"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\games\\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\\Data\\Art"
"GameEXE"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\games\\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\\ffvt3r.exe"
"EditEXE"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\games\\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\\ffvt3rEdit.exe"
"PythonEditor"="C:\\Windows\\Notepad.exe"

You might see if your FFvT3R keys are elsewhere (maybe under the Steam tree somewhere) and copy them to locations like the above so that the CT and FFEdit can find them. (Obviously, back up your registry before making any changes to it. Probably best to create a Windows Restore Point, just in case.)
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg

Artemis

Thanks stumpy, I used your location guide and copied everything into the relevant folders, ct2 works fine now, the only error i have is a few skins show up as purely pink objects, but I think that may be because they're TGA and not DDS files. I'm working on it and think I've found whats wrong.

thanks for your help stumpy!

heroidosilencio

For me it oppens a window with this advert:

ALERT: CINTLOADER:::discoverLanguages, NO languages found

I already tried the regedit... I don't know what else to do...

I guess I will give it up after many days and tries if somebody doesn't have any other idea....