News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Nifskope body swap attempt

Started by Artemis, August 18, 2013, 09:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Artemis

Just wondering if there was anyone who knew if it were possibly to remedy my current situation? Ideally I wanted to place the bacchite mesh ontop of the Quetzacotle mesh so that she could use his KF's and his staff. This is what I ended up with :

In Nifskope I've hidden Quetz but in CTool2 he still shows up - although he's quite blocky and undetailed. And the bacchite is placed at a 90 degree angle behind him, I think if i were to loaad up the game she'd actually be placed beneath the floor of the map. Obviously I want to hide Quetz and get the lady into his position as she is in Nifskope.
Also, I'm hoping its possible to get the bacchite mesh back to its original proportions as seen on the right? she's stretched beyond all recognition right now.

Hopefully someone can tell me if what I'm trying to do is possible or not, I'd really like to get into Nifskope I just really enjoy the Irrational meshes and wanted to customise them to create some original characters.

Amazo Version 2.2

to get rid of the quetzicotle skin, i would say to alpha the skin out. as for the rest, thats more complicated than im currently able to do with nifskope. all i could say really is good luck
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

hoss20

A couple of questions:
1. How did you "hide" Quetzalcoatl?
2. Where did you paste the Bacchite mesh?

I have come across some instances when I was adding animations from one set of keyframes to another where that animation would rotate the mesh like is happening to your Bacchite. It's been a while, but I believe you can alter the rotation of the offending animation. For a whole set of keyframes, I'm not so sure, other than rotating every animation in the set of keyframes. It may be a moot point anyway as the distortion of the Bacchite mesh is due to the fact that the keyframes for Quetz are made for a larger mesh and all of the nodes and dimensions of the mesh are matched to those keyframes. Therefore, when you put a smaller mesh (Bacchite) on a larger size mesh (Quetzalcoatl), the smaller mesh stretches to fit the keyframes, unfortunately, not in a symmetrical fashion.

One thing that is interesting, and why I asked how you hid Quetz in the first place, is that there shouldn't be any distortion of his mesh if you are still using his keyframes.

Randomdays

Is the Bacchite mesh from FF? Could be a problem with the way FF and FFVt3R apply them causing the rotation. It looks like she animates at least. The shine problem would mean the lighting on the mesh would have to be adjusted.

I've done what you're trying to do and had it work, but I did it with blender, rerigging the female mesh to the male one, resizing up or down as needed and it works pretty well.

daglob

Sometimes to get rid of the shine you have to make the lightmap black.

Tomato

Quote from: daglob on September 16, 2013, 10:12:54 PM

or add a black refl map to the Bacchite mesh, which would give her the ability to add refl to the mesh if she wants to later on.

daglob

Quote from: Tomato on September 16, 2013, 10:27:10 PM
Quote from: daglob on September 16, 2013, 10:12:54 PM

or add a black refl map to the Bacchite mesh, which would give her the ability to add refl to the mesh if she wants to later on.

That is the usual way to do it; I should have mentioned that. I have had trouble with some scopes with the scoped pieces having reflections even when the reflection texture was black. The original Amazonia scope was that way.

Avalon

I was able to move bacchite to use the keyframe. To get rid of the reflect, you have to change the Gold_lightmap.dds to black.
There is some stretching but it moves.

Cyber Burn

Even with the stretching (Which really isn't that bad), that is really cool.