News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

mod challenGe idea

Started by bearded, September 03, 2013, 04:17:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bearded

I make the first level of a mod. someone volunteers to make second level, I send my level to volunteer. and so on.
Any takers?

spydermann93

I'm not saying that I can code the next mission, but what's this about, exactly?

It sound interesting.

bearded

just an idea to start something. coding not even necessary. for your level you could reuse one of main campaign levels, replacing everybody.

bearded

ok, different direction. people reply with ideas for me.
first person to reply, give me a hero. anybody, mainstream, original, even main campaign.
second person to reply, give me a villain, same criteria.
third person, come up with a map to use. with a link, if not one of main maps.
fourth person, come up with a simple plot idea. generic superhero plots will work. fifth and sixth, same, simple plot ideas for missions for a complete level.

only one random per person for this first level.
please, put all your ideas in spoiler so the next reply wont know. it will all be a random challenge. dont peek till after you posted!
I will then bring it all together into a mission. the fun for me will be making dialogue so it all fits.

BentonGrey

This sounds like fun, Bearded.  I'd recommend limiting it to Irrational universe stuff, that way pretty much all the materials you'd need would be at your fingertips, and you'd guarantee a certain amount of flow without too much trouble.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

spydermann93

Quote from: bearded on September 05, 2013, 02:15:19 AM
ok, different direction. people reply with ideas for me.
first person to reply, give me a hero. anybody, mainstream, original, even main campaign.
second person to reply, give me a villain, same criteria.
third person, come up with a map to use. with a link, if not one of main maps.
fourth person, come up with a simple plot idea. generic superhero plots will work. fifth and sixth, same, simple plot ideas for missions for a complete level.

only one random per person for this first level.
please, put all your ideas in spoiler so the next reply wont know. it will all be a random challenge. dont peek till after you posted!
I will then bring it all together into a mission. the fun for me will be making dialogue so it all fits.

This sounds like a lot of fun, bearded.

If I think of anything decent enough, I'll be sure to post it.  In the meantime, I cannot wait to read the great ideas that this community will come up with :D

bearded

Quote from: BentonGrey on September 05, 2013, 02:20:05 AM
This sounds like fun, Bearded.  I'd recommend limiting it to Irrational universe stuff, that way pretty much all the materials you'd need would be at your fingertips, and you'd guarantee a certain amount of flow without too much trouble.

good idea, for this first one. so, same rules, with the irrational universe.
first reply, any irrational character as hero, hidden in spoilers.
and so on.

BentonGrey

Okay, character:
Spoiler
Tombstone
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

Epimethee

Cool idea, Bearded!

Villain:
Spoiler
Pan
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

BentonGrey

Quote from: Epimethee on September 06, 2013, 12:27:53 AM
Cool idea, Bearded!

Villain:
Spoiler
Pan

Whoop!  I'm not writing it!

Spoiler
I can't rhyme,
No matter how much time,
I put into...it.
God Bless

bearded

Quote from: BentonGrey on September 06, 2013, 12:37:32 AM
Quote from: Epimethee on September 06, 2013, 12:27:53 AM
Cool idea, Bearded!

Villain:
Spoiler
Pan

Whoop!  I'm not writing it!

Spoiler
I can't rhyme,
No matter how much time,
I put into...it.
ok, to be clear, that third spoiler by BG is not a map. so, I am looking for a map in a spoiler from a third person.

doctorchallenger

Spoiler
Time Master's dimension.

What about reskinning the maps?

BentonGrey

God Bless

bearded

Quote from: doctorchallenger on September 06, 2013, 04:33:48 PM
Spoiler
Time Master's dimension.

if you are offering, I will take it!
and now I need a generic plot idea. anything you think a hero might do.

doctorchallenger

Quote from: bearded on September 07, 2013, 03:10:35 AM
Quote from: doctorchallenger on September 06, 2013, 04:33:48 PM
Spoiler
Time Master's dimension.

if you are offering, I will take it!
and now I need a generic plot idea. anything you think a hero might do.

Spoiler
Map reskinned as Hades, the land of the dead from Greek Mythology. Some of the "rooms" would not have to be reskinned at all. For example, the "room" in which players faught dinosaurs in the original game could be left the same, and it would be great if Sisyphus and his boulder could somehow be incorporated.

Murdock

Spoiler
An archaeology student discovers an ancient mask and is kidnapped on his way to the museum. His sister asks the hero to help her find him. The woman reminds the hero of someone he knew before (like a wife or a girl friend) and decides to help.
Taking a break due to RL issues.

bearded

Everything works great together, just looking for a couple more ideas.

docdelorean88

I have a plot idea developing, just fine tuning it a bit
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"