News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Cyber's Requests

Started by Cyber Burn, September 16, 2013, 01:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyber Burn

Well, this is another character that is drawn differently in nearly every pic I see ( :banghead:), which is kind of frustrating. But I think that I want to go with something similar to this version of his costume. I've got my base mesh, I've got my trident, and I've got my bootcuffs. I'm sure finding the horns won't be a problem either.

I'm kind of stuck as to which collar to use for him, and which glovecuffs to use. Does anyone have any suggestions?

http://dc-microheroes.wikia.com/wiki/Blue_Devil

As always, I appreciate any advice I can get. Thank you.

Amazo Version 2.2

2 quick questions just because i'm nosey like that. what are you using for the base mesh, and what are you using for the coat? as to the collar, I would say maybe the collar from tommyboy's martian manhunter tvlite mesh? and for the wristcuffs, i guess it depends on what version of the character you want, if you are going by the picture above, maybe a bootcuff would work?
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

Cyber Burn

Here's my recipe so far:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Base Mesh: Firelord by Grenadier

Male_Basic: Nova69 by Bobby69

Trident: Neptune_Tvlite by Tommyboy

Bootcuffs: Green_Arrow_GA_YL&REN by Yellow_Lantern and Renegade
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I couldn't find a "Coat" piece that I liked, so I went with a mesh that already had one. Of course, this is always subject to change.

Helix

How about the "coat" piece from Gren's Gabriel_Airwalker mesh?

Cyber Burn

Thank you Helix, I gave that a try, but because of the size difference between "Airwalker" and the other "Male_Basic" meshes, it didn't quite fit right, even after trying to edit it in Nifskope.

As for using the Bootcuffs for the Wristcuffs, it looks like that on all of Ren's meshes, he locked both cuffs together, but I'll keep looking.

Thank you both for taking the time to respond.

Amazo Version 2.2

maybe the bootcuffs from tommyboys wildfire mesh (I don't remember which version has the cuffs i'm thinking about). as for the male basic part, maybe one of renegades male muscular tall pointed shoulders or whatever theyre called, that should solve your size issue and the coat issue. what are you going to use for the beard pieces?
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

hoss20

For the wristcuffs, I might suggest IG_Mentor_Gren. Even though the wristcuffs don't have that "wavy" look to them, they are located in the mid forearm area (so, less moving around for you). They may just need some size adjustment.

windblown

I think that the bootcuffs of "XCJ Lowerhair Mask" by Ink (at HeroForce) would work as those wristcuffs.

As for the collar, maybe "Rick_Jones_ttvlite"? if that one doesn't work for you, Tommyboy has several meshes with similar collars too.

Cyber Burn

Thank you guys, I'll give those meshes/pieces a once over and go from there.  :thumbup:

billdamn22

...and if you need a skinner for it, Blue Devil is on my to do list.... (hint...hint)
Just sayin'  ;)

Cyber Burn

Quote from: billdamn22 on September 19, 2013, 10:16:02 PM
...and if you need a skinner for it, Blue Devil is on my to do list.... (hint...hint)
Just sayin'  ;)

If I can ever find myself happy with the skope, then you absolutely have a deal!

Amazo Version 2.2

i am a fan of your skins billdamn and i would love to see your version of blue devil

Cyber Burn

Here's my current WIP, I'm not happy with it, so I definitely want to make some changes, especially to the collar. The shoulder pads are from Gni's "Silent_Scout" mesh because I couldn't find a coat that I was happy with.

BentonGrey

Ohh, neat looking skope, CB.  He's coming along.  I'm sorry, I don't have any recommendations, but I like the looks of this fellow.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Avalon

I think Luke Cage by Renegade had a the shirt/collar that might work.

Cyber Burn

Thanks Avalon, I will definitely check it out.  :D

Cyber Burn

Well, Blue Devil is another project that has been placed on hold because I wasn't happy with it, I'll get back to it, just not right now.

What I am looking for now is Jik's "XCOM_Male_Light_Rocket", I think I have the meshes from his Yahoo Groups, but I don't recall seeing this one. Also, for some reason, my computer won't let me download the "X-Mod" from Alex's site (It's coming up as a security issue, not sure why). But if someone could please send me the mesh by JIK, I would very much appreciate it. Thank you.  :D

hoss20

I just sent it to you, my friend. I found this mesh, among many others, here: http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Jikmeshes3/files
I didn't know if you were needing anything else of Jik's.

Cyber Burn

A little bit on the embarrassed side here, I belong to the group and could have sworn I got everything I wanted from there. Thanks for the assist Hoss. It is definitely appreciated.

hoss20

Not a problem. I was actually surprised that you weren't sure where to find it or didn't already have it.

Do you still need/want the XMod? I went to download it to see if I got the same message and I went to the download site. It looks like I would need to register on the site. Did you get the security message after this point? I can go ahead and do that if you want the mod.

Cyber Burn

I'm sure I have the meshes on my disks, but with my disk drive down, I'm not able to check. As for the Mod itself, I was just going to download it for the meshes, but if they are available at JIK's Yahoo Groups, then I'm good. Again, thank you for all your help.

Cyber Burn

I may be crazy (OK, that's a given), but I could have sworn that there was a mesh floating around that was maybe a "Male_Basic" but weilding a Flag. Does anyone know of something like this? Otherwise I would have to try and skope one, but I thought I would ask first. Thank you.

vorelliwiseau

I'm using tommyboy's manhunter_armor_t for a skope right now, and I see one of his idle animations has him holding the staff upright in front of him.

No flag, really, but the pose seems perfect for a flag-bearer to attach a piece to. Good luck!

Cyber Burn

Thanks V, I'm looking at both that one and Grenadier's Firelord mesh for my skope, but I figured I would at least check and see if something already existed before I started a completely new skope.

hoss20

I might suggest male_basic_staff by Grenadier or even the newer Checkmate_v2_Gren. The idle animation for male_basic_staff looks great for a standard bearer and even the melee_idle isn't bad.

Edit: Gren's Checkmate_v2 has a cool Rally animation that could come in handy, as well.

Cyber Burn

Excellent, I will definitely check those out. Thank you.

Cyber Burn

I've started on my Flag bearer skope, but I had a couple of questions.

1. Is there a spear floating around somewhere? I would kind of like to use that instead of a basic staff.

2. Does anyone know of any type of Atlantean flag images floating around somewhere? I know it's a longshot, but if there is a pic that I can use, I would very much like to have one.

Thank you again for any help.

bearded

i think it was dognoodle who made the male basic flag. i could not find it online.
can you show me a pic of what you want the spear to look like?

vorelliwiseau

I think an"A" like the one on Aquaman's belt - could serve as a decent starting point for your flag, Cyber. Ocean Master, Aquaman and a lot of other Atlantean personnel seem to sport it, like this dude:

I guess the key would be to make it look less of an A as possible - fill the inside of the A with seams, or you could surround it with some ornate decor, like on the 'A' here:

Sorry I couldn't find an exact Atlantean flag, but I hope this gives you some ideas. Best of luck!

spydermann93

Quote from: Cyber Burn on November 22, 2013, 03:20:51 PM
I've started on my Flag bearer skope, but I had a couple of questions.

1. Is there a spear floating around somewhere? I would kind of like to use that instead of a basic staff.

2. Does anyone know of any type of Atlantean flag images floating around somewhere? I know it's a longshot, but if there is a pic that I can use, I would very much like to have one.

Thank you again for any help.

I have a spear from the Atlantean Mesh from Benton's DCUG mod, if that is the kind that you are looking for.