News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Cyber's Requests

Started by Cyber Burn, September 16, 2013, 01:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spydermann93

Quote from: Cyber Burn on February 10, 2014, 01:16:15 AM
Hey guys, I know that there is a Skeleton Mesh that is in one of Renegade's Yahoo Groups (Imported to FF by Bamphalas, and animated by Renegade), but after going through the "Read_Me" file, I don't think it's Skopable, so I was wondering if there were any other Skeleton Meshes floating around that I can use to Skope with. Thanks in advance for any help I can get.

I'll have to browse my files, but I do remember some Skeleton Warriors (a sword, an axe, and a chainsaw (I think)), but I do not remember who made them.

Cyber Burn

Thanks Spyder, I believe that those are the one's by 3D Master, and unfortunately, he's not on the Skoping Permissions List either.

bearded

There is an awful skeleton inside my zombie. It really is terrible, I don't think I even made it skinnable.

Cyber Burn

Cool Bearded, I'll take a peek at that. Thank you.

SickAlice

Your skeleton is nice. It's not too sophisticated, but it doesn't need to be and looks good in game which is important. I'm almost positive that's the one I skoped into Ren's Superman. I tried weighting a complex skeleton before. They end up messy looking and eat up to much system resources.

TAP43

If I remember right I think there is one inside of the Texas jack Dracula mesh that appears in the fall animation.

AfghanAnt

hoss20

Quote from: AfghanAnt on February 10, 2014, 06:40:36 PM
Ren has one as well.

Here's the group where I found Ren's: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Renegademeshes2/files

They were initially taken by Bamphalas from the Half-Life game and rigged for FF and then Ren added FX. There doesn't appear to be any issue with skoping them.

Cyber Burn

Thank you for all the replies. Essentially, my thought process is going something like this:

The Mesh is in Renegade's Yahoo Group, Renegade is a "Yes" in regards to Skoping, however, the Mesh was imported to FF by Bamphalas. Bamphalas is not on the "Yes" list for Skoping permissions. The "Read_Me" file states that it's alright to HEX, but there is no mention of Skoping.

When it comes to Skoping, I really try to make sure I follow the permissions list. I have a lot of respect for our content creators, and I really want to respect their wishes. Between the way that the wording is phrased in the "Read_Me" file, and the fact that Bamphalas is not on the Skoping permissions list, it just really makes me hesitant to Skope it, which is why I'm looking for other options.

vorelliwiseau

Hi, is this thing still on?

I just realized I also would like  to borrow a skeleton-type mesh for a skope I'm planning. If I borrow Ren's skeleton mesh for an FFVTR release and not for FF, will I be in the clear? Thanks!

Randomdays

Cyber asked me to import a skelton that he had found and I'll be doing that this week, along with some other requests hopefully.

vorelliwiseau

Niiiiiiice! Will be waiting for that. Thanks, Random!

Cyber Burn

Random is definitely the man! I will absolutely wait for his Skeleton before I start these Skopes.

hoss20

Quote from: Cyber Burn on February 10, 2014, 11:57:20 PM
Thank you for all the replies. Essentially, my thought process is going something like this:

The Mesh is in Renegade's Yahoo Group, Renegade is a "Yes" in regards to Skoping, however, the Mesh was imported to FF by Bamphalas. Bamphalas is not on the "Yes" list for Skoping permissions. The "Read_Me" file states that it's alright to HEX, but there is no mention of Skoping.

When it comes to Skoping, I really try to make sure I follow the permissions list. I have a lot of respect for our content creators, and I really want to respect their wishes. Between the way that the wording is phrased in the "Read_Me" file, and the fact that Bamphalas is not on the Skoping permissions list, it just really makes me hesitant to Skope it, which is why I'm looking for other options.

Sorry about that Cyber. The Read Me is a little confusing. I was just going by the fact that the Skeleton is not an original creation of Bamphalas. He took it from another game and converted it to a nif and modified it. It was Renegade's rigging for animations that made it usable for FF. As Randomdays is doing the same thing for you and you've been doing some keyframe work for a lot of his conversions, I realize that this is a lot of labor in and of itself. I was just trying to save you guys some unnecessary work.

Another alternative might be to grab Dr. Phosphorus at the same Yahoo group as above. Although it uses the same skeleton as a part of it, it is released as a Renegade mesh.

Edit: Forget all of the above and grab the vxNegative_Man-modern mesh. The skeleton you see through the male_basic form is its own mesh. I can send it to you if it's not in of Vertex's Yahoo groups. One of the cool things about this one is that the mesh was created with individual ribs.

laughing paradox

I seem to remember some skeleton meshes with a sword and an axe and .. something else, I forget. Are those Renegade's, or someone else's?

Also, yeah, Hoss's suggestion for the vxNegative_Man is perfect.. you just skope off the outer 'skin' part of the mesh and it's all done.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: laughing paradox on February 11, 2014, 09:08:48 PM
I seem to remember some skeleton meshes with a sword and an axe and .. something else, I forget. Are those Renegade's, or someone else's?

Also, yeah, Hoss's suggestion for the vxNegative_Man is perfect.. you just skope off the outer 'skin' part of the mesh and it's all done.

Alternatives and variations are always nice, I'll check out Vertex's Mesh. As for the other Skeleton Meshes, those are by 3D Master and are not on the "Yes" list for Skoping.

vorelliwiseau

I'd be willing to try that Negative Man out! As thanks, I offer some [metaphorical] legwork!

Anyway, I checked out some sources, but I can't seem to find it.

*Google led me to http://newpowerinc.com/meshworks/index.htm, but the page 404'd on me.
*It's not on the megalist either, unless it's under another name.
*Here's a post by Cyber way back about temporarily hosting Vertex's meshes on Y!Groups, but these seem to be down.

Any other sources or links out there, you guys?

Randomdays

If Cypber or someone else doesn't get back to you before I get home, I'll look and send it your way if I have it.

hoss20

Cyber Burn

Yahoo Groups can be a bit moody, so you've got mail V.

vorelliwiseau

Thanks, Cyber! You were right 'bout the Yahoo Groups, by the way.

I owe ya one!

Panther_Gunn

I don't know if Gren is on the Skope permission list or not (because I've never had a need to look at the list), but he's got two skeleton meshes of Entwaidamela on the FXForce page, one normal, one burning:  http://frp.unlimited2.net/fxforce/public_html/HEXEDMESHES.html
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

Cyber Burn

Thanks PG, unfortunately, it's based on Ren's and bamphalas' Skeleton.

Randomdays

Not sure what happened to my original copy, but I downloaded the client and reinstalled Dark Age of Camelot again. It uses nif files with dds textures zipped into packs inside a mpk file type.

Nifskope shows the nif fine but there is no instance I could find showing the texture assigned. I was able to assign a texture in Blender but couldn't get it to appear on the nif.

To get the nif textured, I had to export from nifskope as a obj. import into milkshape, assign textures, export out as obj, import to Blender and then out as nif.

Hopefully there's a better way. I can send the test skeleton original nif with texture to anyone who wants to look at it and see if they know how to get the texture assigned without going through hoops.

Polycount on the game nifs look compatable with FF. Final version with polycount and texture applied shown below. The rib cage is solid but it looks like the alpha worked for me this time. Not rigged as yet.

Cyber Burn

Wow, that sounds like a pain in the tail. Is the Texture imbedded into the Nif File? Maybe that's what is giving you grief. If there is no Texture actually referenced, then I would assume that the Mesh is just not Skinnable, but would probably work fine for Skoping purposes.

Cyber Burn

Random, I really appreciate all the work you've put into this just so I can make some Skeleton Skopes. Thank you.

Randomdays

Texture is not imbedded but in a separate file pack with textures for other models. When I applied the texture in milkshape it aligned correctly.

Upped the original DAOC skeleton nif and texture to the yahoo group if people want to check it out

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/FF_Swap_Shop/files/temp/

Randomdays

Found out that after applying the texture in Blender, I also had to map input to UV. The texture still won't show until you reload the nif, but its there.

Cyber, you have some rattling bones in your mailbox. Rigged to male_basic.

Cyber Burn

:thumbup: You are definitely the man RD. Thank you.

Cyber Burn

I found this pic floating around and thought it might be useful to one of the Skopes I was working on, unfortunately, I can't seem to find it anywhere. Would anyone happen to have a copy of this that they could please send my? I would definitely appreciate it. Thank you.