Possible Projects Interest

Started by Randomdays, September 22, 2013, 02:43:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amazo Version 2.2

seriously sweet stuff randomdays. you are really bringing new life to  :ff:.
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

BentonGrey

Sim-sim, Sa-la-bim!

Cool stuff, RD.  I love the Lost in Space stuff.  I bet those things could be useful.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Randomdays

Thanks Guys. Here's 3 new versions of Hadji, unrigged at the moment. Couldn't find a good nehru jacket anywhere and wound up grabbing the one from the James Bond Blofeld mesh I had done recently.

The 1st is with normal size. Hadji has a broader face though so for the second I doubled the x and y but kept the z the same. This made the face much closer but made him a little stocky. The 3rd I increased the z only a little. Which looks best to you guys?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

spydermann93

Quote from: Randomdays on October 16, 2013, 11:00:15 AM
Thanks Guys. Here's 3 new versions of Hadji, unrigged at the moment. Couldn't find a good nehru jacket anywhere and wound up grabbing the one from the James Bond Blofeld mesh I had done recently.

The 1st is with normal size. Hadji has a broader face though so for the second I double the x and y but kept the z the same. This made the face much closer but made him a little stocky. The 3rd I increased the z only a little. Which looks best to you guys?

I'm leaning towards the third Hadji. He seems to fit the cartoon style, more.

Cyber Burn

Agreed, the 3rd definitely looks best.

vorelliwiseau

Nice work, Random! Hadji's eyes look adorable, almost puppy-like.

BigD

I agree with everyone on their comments about Hadji from HANNA-BARBERA's Jonny Quest ^_^, and above all I also agree with Cyber aka Cyber Burn on his choice of which version of Hadji is the best and I say that the third Hadji is really the best choice and the best looking one ever :). So far so good Random, I do hope that you keep plugging away at Hadji along with any other projects that you are currently working on by taking your time with, and I do hope that you bring us more surprises in the way of new and upcoming releases in the form of meshes and/or skins for us to enjoy playing with and using them on :ff: at the same time. One more thing ^_^, I just downloaded all of the TOM AND JERRY characters that were all released recently, and I'm going to test them out and play with them at the same time whenever I get the chance to do so. Great job so far Random, and I do hope that you will bring us more soon enough one way or another :thumbup:. Check ya later ;)!

BigD
:cool:

daglob

So, do I need to finish my Jonny, or is he in the works too?

Not mad, just wanna know. If the Jonny looked as good at the Hadji, then I know which one I'd rather use.

Randomdays

Daglob, was hoping your Jonny would be released.

Dr Quest is in the works, I found a mesh of Dr Zin's spider robot I'll try to convert ,and may try to do a Dr Zin with the Sim 2/ Movies Game character creators. Still trying to get a Buldog pup put together for Bandit. Race Bannon was already done by Cartoon Squared. Jade will probably be too hard to do but I might try.

Thanks everyone for the Hadji comments. While still made with the character creator for Sims 2 and some skope work, so far this is the only original character I've done - everything else has been conversions.

daglob

Jade's headkerchief always stumped me. Gren's female mesh with handguns might be nice for the base.

Now I need to fix Jonny's pants...

I've always loved/hated Dr. Sin's Spider-robot.

I think Bearded-In-Lair did a large non-robot spider. It would be located in one of his groups if it would be of any help.

Randomdays

The Spider Robot only had 4 legs so that makes things easier. Will probably eaither use the wolf or one the transformer animal meshes as a base.

Jade only appeared in 2 episodes that I remember - once in "Double Danger" in India and once in "Terror Island" in Hong Kong. The second one had a few scenes with her hair without the headkerchief that might do for a start.

Cyber Burn

I think Tap43 (Maybe) did a Robo-Spider skope. Not sure where it's currently located at though.

Randomdays

I think that was on NPI - but I think I have it somewhere anyway.

vorelliwiseau

Hi, I'm starting work on Mightor now! I have the horns and can probably find a caveman's club, but are there any versions of Grenadier's Male_Basic_Ranger (cape, hood) that I can edit in Blender, or any mesh with a club and a cape?

Also, are there any caveman-type keyframes for male_basic around? I'd appreciate the help!

Randomdays

Someone did some cavemen and I had them - have to see if I lost them in a crash awhile ago. A club should be easy to get - I'll look around for one.

One of the batman meshes might work better for a base since its more like a cowl than a hood, but the flying animations would have to be looked at since most of them has him "fly" on a swinging batline.

vorelliwiseau

Yeah, Male_Ranger's flying is indeed Spider-Man/Batman -like. I guess I'll stick to the guy's cape and hood for now, but I'll search  for some swordsman-style keyframes - some possibility there.

Randomdays

Possibilities ; Doctor_Doom_Gun_TM by Tommyboy - has a standard fly animation and gun appearing animations where the gun could be replaced by the club. Based off of Taskmaster.

Taskmaster - lots of variants. The billyclub attacks could be used with the club swap. Has cowl and cape, but fly animations might be a problem

Any Thor mesh - hammer attacks could be swapped for the club, blender/scope on the hood/cowl

thor_norvell_gren - different version of Thor

Balder the brave - same as Thor, but has a sword instead. have to blender/scope on the hood/cowl.

Moleman - has a high collar but kf's are good, replace the staff with a club.

Maybe one of the meshes for Marvel's Shroud or Moon Knight since they both have cape/hood.

From what I looked at, I think the Moleman or one the Balder meshes has the kfs that match the best. Look at those and see what you think.

Not sure if the Balder or moleman kfs would work with other meshes but that would help a lot. If not, I could always rerig whatever you put together so that it will work with those kfs. That way you could build the best look and we can rig for the best action.

The Cavemen meshes were done by Captain Wigster but it looks like his group might be gone. I don't think I have them anymore.

Found an ancient warrior from Civ 4 with a club that comes very close to Mightor, just needs a couple of jagged metal pieces removed to give a good match;

http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/FF_Swap_Shop/files/temp

vorelliwiseau

Thanks for the list - tommyboy's Baldur/Balder mesh works great! I'll have to hide/add pieces, and right now he looks like Space Ghost, but I think he's a fantastic fit for Mightor!

As for the rigging, the idle, melee_idle and getting up animations might need changing (the cape's positioning messes with the last two), so if you'd like me to send it to you before I post links, just give me a holler. I guess the only thing I need now is a cape I can edit in Blender - I'll check if Tomato has something I can work with.

By the way, I checked tommyboy's amended rules for using his meshes, and I think what I'm about to do falls under the 'safe to edit' category. If anyone has concerns, please don't hesitate to PM me!

Cyber Burn

Quote from: vorelliwiseau on October 17, 2013, 07:06:14 AM
Hi, I'm starting work on Mightor now! I have the horns and can probably find a caveman's club, but are there any versions of Grenadier's Male_Basic_Ranger (cape, hood) that I can edit in Blender, or any mesh with a club and a cape?

Also, are there any caveman-type keyframes for male_basic around? I'd appreciate the help!

Unfortunately, I think Tomato is the only mesher to actually give Blender permissions. But if you are creating new pieces in Blender and then using Nifskope to add the pieces to the mesh, you should be ok.

I am going blank on Mightor's design right now, but if you guys post a pic, I would be glad to help bat around some ideas with you guys.

In regards to "Blue_Falcon", I meant to mention it earlier, but Hoss20 has very kindly agreed to help try and get the effects on the mesh working.

Randomdays

Mightor - http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/m/mightor.htm

Edit - Just wanted to say I'm really looking forward to both these characters and any variants of them as well. Thanks for all the help with these. I've been looking around to see if there's any dinosaur meshes out there that could have wings added to it for Tog, but nothing yet. Sheera is generic enough she might be skinned on one of the female basic meshes though.

The more I look at the caveman from Civ 4 and other meshes from the game, the more I want to start rigging them for FF. They are already nifs with a skeleton attached so they might be quick imports. Maybe jump to a few of them when the Quest group is done.

Randomdays

I think I've gotten Dr Quest as good as he's going to get. I might tweak the hair a little more to get it closer to the pic but that would be about it. Besides the version just done, I'll try to blend his head onto the Lab coat version previously attempted, and maybe a third in a suit. None have been rigged yet. Comments welcome and if anyone would like it sent over before I do any further work to try to "tweak" it, please let me know.

Edit - Here's a first try at Jonny - the hair could be tweaked to match better. Not sure if I should continue with this one. Comments? Daglob? Could send either or both your way if you wanted to work with them.

daglob

lonespaceranger@gmail.com is ready and waiting.

You might take a close look at the animations in Ctool; there may be more than one flight animation. I used Nifscope to change Tommy's gun keyframes so that the standard rope-swinging flight was something like "flyq", and changed the name of a superman-type flight to "fly". It even works.

Some people are adept at more advanced keyframe editing...

Randomdays

Sending Dr Quest your way. Jonny in a bit. Still unrigged at the moment and not sized yet. Since they were made with a character creator they are made of multiple "parts" joined together and will have a different skin for each part. Since I can't skin, I made two versions of Dr Quest - one with the beard and one without. I deleted all of the bearded version except the beard, tweaked it, and pasted it on the clean face. Since you can skin ,you won't have to deal with that.

Thanks for looking at them.

Jonny sent. Worked on the hair a bit and the sizing. I think side view looks good but not the front. Could be the lips, eyes - not sure. Neck seems a little long.

BigD

Judging by my own examination and inspection along with the progress on Jonny Quest himself Random :huh:, I think he looks good enough to me depending on how he looks so far but if he needs to be re-adjusted, modified, tweaked or whatsoever then go ahead and maybe work out the minor details along with the kinks and the bugs whenever you get the chance. Anyways Random, I think Jonny Quest is looking good so far and above all he is also looking sharp as well if you know what I mean :). As for Dr. Quest aka Benton Quest himself Random, compared to the one in the classic HANNA-BARBERA series JONNY QUEST I think the one that you just made all by yourself looks good and above all he is fantastic so far plus judging by how you worked on Dr. Quest's face it looks just like the one in the classic cartoon series plus the color of Dr. Quest's hair and beard along with the mustache look pretty good to me ^_^. One more thing Random, so far so good on both Jonny Quest and Dr. Quest plus they do pass with flying colors along with an A+ and a 100% passing grade for effort and such. Great Job so far Random, and also please do keep up the good work and I do hope that you'll surprise us with more of your latest creations that you can come up with whenever you get the chance ;).

BigD

P.S. I'm giving both Jonny Quest and Dr. Quest two thumbs way up just for you since I like them very much Random, and above all I am so a #1 fan of Jonny Quest :thumbup:.

Randomdays

Thanks BigD. Daglob has both right now and I'm sure he'll be able to improve them. I think another problem might be that Jonny's head is too big for his body.

Since he's looking at those right now, I went ahead and rigged the caveman warrior above. Even though it was a nif and I tried renaming the existing bones and vertex groups to FF standards, it wouldn't animate. The good news is that after starting from scratch with a rig for male_basic, it came out very well. Its only about 450 polys so it might be a little low poly, as well as needing a better skin. Check it out and comments welcome.

http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/swap_shop_attic/files/Civ4%20Empire

Edit - actually uploaded wrong version without the club attached to hand. fixed and reuploaded. sorry for anyone who grabbed the 1st version. Please download again and should be fixed.

Cyber Burn

Hey Vorelliwiseau, Hoss20 sent me back the Blue Falcon skope with the effects turned back on. I want to make a few touch ups, and then I'll send it back to you. Just want to keep you posted and let you know that I haven't forgotten about this.

Randomdays

Just finished a couple of Civ 5 meshes for Benton and will be go back to the caveman and try to do a couple of versions with an axe and spear if possible. I plan to try to do a lot of Civ and Empire Earth characters soon - they're low poly and are coming out quick and easy so far.

But first, I'll take a break and put out a few (hopefully) quick Halloween goodies by next week. They could be Grim. They could be Evil. They just might be Despicable.

Hints galore.

BigD

So far you're doing good on your progress Random ^_^, and above all since you mentioned the upcoming Halloween goodies that might be coming our way I can't wait too see and find out what kind of ghoulish yet monstrous and scary surprises that will be waiting for us to see when they are revealed to us :). Hopefully Random, they will be very good ones to enjoy and hopefully they won't be too scary not to download if you know what I mean :lol:. If they are too scary Random, I guess I won't download them along with celebrating and having a Happy Halloween at the same time :(. Oh by the way Random :mellow:... I was just kidding about the upcoming Halloween goodies that may be 100% scary and all that along with not downloading them :lol:, and above all I'm sure they're not scary and/or too scary but hopefully they're gonna be blast when they get the chance to be shown off one way or another to everyone out there :D. Anyways, good job with the Civ 5 project Random or should I say Civilization 5 project Random and I do hope that you will keep up the good work and bring us more surprises our way ;).

BigD

Randomdays

Halloween, part 1

All heroes dread him.

All villains fear him ( except Thanos, who's dating his sister)

He comes for all.

He's unavoidable.

He's unstoppable.

He's..........

Spoiler

Positively Grim.

Uses male_heavy_staff keyframes. Looks a bit spookier that the original model really. Legs do not move, to give that kind of "float" feeling