Possible Projects Interest

Started by Randomdays, September 22, 2013, 02:43:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randomdays

Minions have been released. see the release thread for info

windblown

daglob

Yes, yes... now my plans will come to fruition... AND NO ONE CAN STAND IN MY WAY!

BigD

Hey everyone out there :lol:, I just wanted to let you all know that since the minions have been released I had just downloaded them today and I will get a chance to test them out, create them by making them and playing with them at the same time as well :D. One more thing ^_^, I really like them very much and I will enjoy them with all my heart as well :wub:. Check ya later guys ;)!

BigD
:cool:

vorelliwiseau

Fantastic work as always, Random! I love the little bolt details around their goggles.

Also, I got to your mention of the Punisher, and I suddenly thought of Frank Castle wearing a theme park Minion mascot outfit.

This is great stuff. Will we be seeing Gru soon?

Randomdays

Thanks for looks go to the original mesher, of course.

Looked around and didn't see any of the other characters readily available. Not even a fluffy unicorn to stop Daglob's evil plans. I'm thinking of dumping a ton of apples and bananas in front of his minions to slow him down though

Randomdays

And....speaking of bananas......

Monkey Madness!

Looked everywhere I could but didn't find any good monkey meshes to work with. The Gamecube Turok game had a primitive lemur creature in it - very low poly count about 160.

I've been working on changing it into a monkey and its about done. Narrowed the tail, changed the front paws, enlarged and moved the ears down and flattened out the muzzle. He's almost done and ready to be rigged.

Looking for someone to help and skin him into 3 different monkeys - Blip, Nkima and Gleek.

Pic of the original lemur on the right and monkey morph on the right.

Pics of the 3 monkey skins wanted by anyone willing to help.

And..... to answer the question of who would win in a fight between Blip and Gleek....http://gfestblog.blogspot.com/2010/07/super-monkey-knife-fight-club-blip-vs.html

And......... there's another monkey out there.

Braver than Batman

More courageous than Superman

Rasslor spared the entire world from destruction to honor his spirit for never quitting no matter what.

The hero known as .........................

Spoiler

Monkey!

Cyber Burn

I've said it before, and I will say it again...You are just doing some really awesome work here. I have been made almost giddy seeing some of the characters that you have imported to FF. Thank you.

Cyber Burn

Sorry Random, I meant to bring this up before, you had mentioned Dyno-Mutt in one of your earlier posts, it was made (I believe) by SCD and was at NPI. With NPI down, maybe someone could E-Mail it to you.

Randomdays

Thanks Cyber. I was able to get Dynomutt from one of SCD's yahoo groups. Still looking for Dr Ruina's Dorno though.

daglob

Hey... Dial M for Monkey. I've thought about asking for that.

Y'know, Huntorr had a Johnny 7...

detourne_me

So many awesome meshes!
And monkeys too! Great! I'd love to see a Gleek vs. Blip match.  Maybe Hit-Monkey can jump in too

Randomdays

Finished the 1st new dino and tested in game - might need to make him a little bigger. Tried using the Snarl dinobot as a base but the animations turned out to be a little too limited for a real dino compared to a robot one. Wound up using Gren's wolf for kfs again but swapping the walk and run - a big dino romping around didn't look right.

From the Gamecube Turok game at 900 polys.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Randomdays

A few updates - some model sheets for the Impossibles since CB mentioned them - http://www.zianet.com/donaghe/Saturday/impossibles.html

Model sheet for Space Ghost Group  - http://www.zianet.com/donaghe/Saturday/spaceghost.html

Model sheet with Mightor and Dinoboy - http://www.zianet.com/donaghe/Saturday/mightor.html

Some other character there as well.

Took off the back plates from the stegasaurus and stretched the body a little. Needs a new skin and would be a good Bronty from the HB Dinoboy cartoon. Already rigged from the stegasaurus version. Pic below

Stretched the body some more and added the wings from the BB_pteradactyl mesh, resizing the wings a bit as well.  Also needs a skinner and would be a fair Tog from Mightor. If I can get a skinner, will probably rig with the Sam the Eagle kfs - he'll always fly and never land, though I could try folding the wings back and use the previous version for a walking version. Pic below

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Randomdays

More stone age goodness.

Putting the dinos aside until a skinner jumps in to help.

Found a stone axe mesh on the web and a spear from Civ 4 and made two new versions of the cave man. After doing the axe version, I found that Captain Wigsters' hex male_belt_cape_staff_boots_gloves worked in Blender. Similar to male_basic but has more choices in the kfs for animation. Final count is 2 versions with the axe, two with the club and one with the spear.

Moved  from there to Sims2 for the female version. Found a few good custom meshes/ skins at "the Sims Resource" for cave women and created a basic character in the Bodyshop. I've found that using the preview model with the arms on hips doesn't capture well, but was able too pull the T model out with some web research.

Each character has 3 main parts - body, face and hair. I made 3 basic cavegirls without hair, one for each weapon, and saved those as bases. I picked a hair mesh and added it to each of the bases and then made three alt skins with different hair and eye colors.

Two issues with these so far - first, the clavicle bones are too big for a female mesh and I had to do a bit of adjusting to round them the shoulders. Second, the bottom of the dress is a seperate piece and it and the hair use alpha for transparency. Since I don't know how to apply the alpha, there are some black areas for these two pieces.

Right now there are 12 different versions done - 3 weapon types with 4 hair color types each. Each of the four hair colors also has a different eye color as well. These are all tied to the male_belt_cape_staff_boots_gloves mesh, not to female mesh/ kfs. They might work with other male_cape meshes. Total poly count for each version with hair and weapon is about 1800.

Making the next set will be much faster with the body base done and I'll only have to pick some different hair types and apply them to the base. I'm also thinking of making a new female_basic (or more versions) with a base skin if people want it, also linked to the male_cape or some female meshes/kfs if I can find some that work in Blender.

Cyber Burn

Once again Random, I have to say that I am impressed with what you have been doing.

windblown

Great stuff here Randomdays, if you are still having problems with the alpha channel in the cavewoman mesh I think I could help you if you want.

Randomdays

As a matter of fact, yes - and appreciated. If you check the tech problem thread I put a post there with a little more info. At the moment, I'm not sure if its working or not since I can't see it (I think)

If you want to give me address, I can send one your way to check out.

windblown

Randomdays

Update - Sending a cavegirl to Windblown to checkout setting up alpha for hair and skirt. Hopefully an easy problem for a skinner to fix.

Finishing up making an alternative to female basic for those who want to try it It will use a Sims2 body for a base. I seem to be having a lot of problems with the female meshes/kfs, and since in the end I can always go back and rerig later,  I'll rig to a male base as with the cavegirls. In this case I'll be using male_alpha_collar since I can work with it and it has good set of animations to it. A base skin will be included and the 3 sets of hair I've done for the cavegirls to swap around. Almost done rigging at the moment.

For the rest of the stoneage, a triceratops, killer bird and mammoth for sure. Maybe 1 or two more after that, and the two dino meshes from above if a skinner steps forward.

The next set will be mainly some Civ/ EE meshes with an Egyptian/ Arabian Knights theme.

And last, over on the resources thread, I found some info for Marvel Ultimate Alliance. I think this might have to be a combo effort. Is this something people want to see in FF and would help with? I can do a character at a time, rigging it to something simple like male_basic and setting up the skins, but then a skoper would have to move it onto a better base that fits the character. I just grabbed my MUA that I never really went though and will install tomorrow, playing through the game to open things up.

From what I've seen on the Marvelmods forums, most of the skinners have given blanket permission to use their work as long as credit is given.

Is there a character someone would like to see and would be willing to skope with? Let me know and I'll try it for a starter.

BentonGrey

Hey, a Stegosaurus!  That's awesome!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Randomdays

A triceratops just got finished as well. The mammoth didn't work out, and I think the last 2 for the group will be a killer bird and a pteradactyl. Windblown is helping me figure out alpha channel with the hair and after that gets done the group should be finished.

BentonGrey

A killer bird?  That sounds like a possible pet for the Penguin.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Randomdays

Update - As I wrote in the technical problems area, I'm having issues with the alpha channel on the cavergirls' hair and dress. With Windblown's help, the dress problem ought to be fixed, and the shorthair style as well, depending on your computer. The straighthair and ponytail I'll release for skinners to look at as its over my head.

The Stoneage set is basically done except for resizing and readmes - I won't be doing portraits for these.

The group is;

3 cavemen - one each of club, axe and spear

9 cavegirls - 3 hairstyles each with the club, axe and spear as with the cavemen. Each hairstyle also comes with 4 different hair colors.

4 different dinosaurs - triceratops, stegosaursus, pteradactyl and killer bird.

Still looking at Marvel Ultimate Alliance and starting a new group called "Desert Sands" which will be Egyptian/ Arabian themed. First mesh in that group is rigged and done, though I might add a shield that was included. There's also a camel I can put him on, but If I animate the camel the rider will be static with only the camel doing the attacks.

spydermann93

Random, is it ok if I say that I love you? :unsure:

WyldFyre

Good looking stuff Random. 
If you want both camel and rider animated, you could try rigging it to one of Tommyboy's various horse and rider meshes.  They should both have animations that way.  Just a suggestion as rigging meshes is beyond my capabilities at the moment.
For Freedom!

Randomdays

Thanks WyldFyre - I'll look at them. A lot of meshes aren't very friendly with Blender, so I'll have to keep my fingers crossed that not only will I see something that fits but that works as well.

Edit - checked out 5 or 6 of tommyboy's horse riding meshes. It appears that they are a variant of tvlite with the mount only appearing in the flying animations. I don't think what I want has been made for FF - animations of both the horse attacking/ rearing as well as the rider using a melee weapon or shooting/ firing a ranged weapon while mounted.

If the horse could be made to NOT vanish during attacks that would work, but I think that would be major rewrite of the kfs.

Is there anything like a centaur mesh out there? I might be able to work with that, but I don't think Ive seen anything like that either

Another Edit - Stoneage pack available on the Release thread

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Randomdays on November 27, 2013, 11:26:50 AM

Is there anything like a centaur mesh out there? I might be able to work with that, but I don't think Ive seen anything like that either

I don't know of an actual Centaur, but there is a "Ant-Rider Man-Spider" at: http://www.alexff.com/stuffJF.php

Unfortunately, I haven't tried it out yet, so I don't know what it has for animations or anything.

vorelliwiseau

Fantastic pterodactyl, Random! Those cavepeople [cavepersons?] have got some quality detail on them.

Downloaded!

detourne_me

The only centaur I'm aware of is a skope called "nature god" or something like that. I think it was Bevo that sloped it.   It was Pan with his legs duplicated and extended out like a horse.

The other option you have is to include key frame sets for both a male_basic and the animals key frames.   You would have to set the nodes so they would line up well,
I think you would also have to get rid of the NifSkinInstance for the legs too.  That way you could position the legs on the mount, and although the nodes for the human legs would be there, nothing would be attached to them, and the animations should play out.
I've tried this before, kind of.   I had combined Val's Orc with Beyonders Ballista mesh.   I thought the ballista looked odd without an operator, that's why I posed the Orc with it.   I was able to use the ranged key frames from the ballista, and the melee key frames from the Orc, but then he was kind of out of place.

There could be a few different workarounds I think.

Sorry for the wall of text...just brainstorming.
Okay... Two different male_basic skeletons, one with the legs removed or invisible, and one with the top half invisible, and connected to the mount... That could work?