Possible Projects Interest

Started by Randomdays, September 22, 2013, 02:43:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randomdays

Snakes are out there, Neverwinter Nights comes to mind off the bat. Not sure about what I would rig it to for that snakelike motion. There's a Princess Python mesh that comes with a snake accessory that I have't checked out yet that might work. Suggestions?

Randomdays

Checking out the snake, its by Bearded - snake_small. Besides the standard skin it also has a yellow and green skin by Zulu Delta. For some reason the alpha was set to transparent but when I increased up to 1.0 and zoomed in with the character viewer I could see it. The scale can be increased to make it a giant snake with nifscope since it is VERY small.

Let me know if this is what you need - I could try to put rig another snake mesh to it if you need something different - a hooded cobra for instance.

Randomdays

Updated the desert releases with an Egyptian group from Civ 5

Pictured below - Archer, Composite Bowman and Longbowman - (rigged to male basic and needs to be skoped onto an archer base.) ,driver and spearman from chariot

Knight, longswordsman, pikeman, spearman and swordsman

http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/FF_Swap_Shop/files/Desert%20Sands

Randomdays

Most of the desert units are done and I'll be starting on another group soon, as well as some more MUA items and something for LP. Any preference on which group you'd like to see next?

Rome, Greece, Vikings, Spain, China, Japan, Mongol, Persia, India, Babylon, England, France, Germany, Crusader, Aztec, Inca, Maya, Amerind, Polynesia

spydermann93

Aztecs, Inca, China, and Vikings :D

Cyber Burn

Do you have a link that shows the characters? If the Germans are Nazis, then I would definitely have an interest there, you can never have enough Nazis to beat on. Otherwise, the Vikings sound interesting.

As for this current group that you're previewing, very nice, I like the animal motifs of the characters, I also like the diversity of weapons.

Randomdays

I should have been a little more specific - all are past age units at present. The German units are sword and shield level along with the rest.

Randomdays

CB - Link for what the various packs look like, Danrell's Ancient packs 1-22

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=cat&id=129

I haven't really looked at packs for the other eras yet, but there's bunches out there.

Cyber Burn

Just took a brief look at a few of the options, and the ones that interested me were the Vikings, Russians, Germans, and the Koreans.

spydermann93

Quote from: Cyber Burn on January 29, 2014, 02:16:45 PM
Just took a brief look at a few of the options, and the ones that interested me were the Vikings, Russians, Germans, and the Koreans.

Koreans are good ones, too! I forgot about them :P

But I'd still reeeeally like the Aztecs and Incans, overall.  We're lacking some good Meso/South American natives.

Randomdays

Vikings first then. I haven't looked at the Koreans yet so I'll check them out. Probably the Aztecs, Incans and Maya after that since I was thinking about them as well.

BentonGrey

I can't remember if I've said this somewhere else, but I will certainly have sue for Mayan/Aztec/Incan type troops eventually.  Vikings would be cool.  That might provide some nice options for Asgardian characters as well.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Randomdays

Vikings are done and will be up soon. 9 different characters ;

Archer and composite bowman on Beyonder's Green Arrow kfs, crossbowman on Gren's Punisher with the crossbow replacing the rifle, swordsman and pikeman

3 different longswordmen and a spearmen, on male_alpha_collar kfs.

Warning to all - imageshack redesigned itself not too long ago and today I see a message that my "free trial" only has 16 days left. Since I won't be paying for image hosting, I don't know what will happen to all my pics on the forums when the time runs out.

Cyber Burn

Love the Vikings, as for your photo hosting issues, I've been using Photobucket for years without issue, maybe you could try that out?

spydermann93

How long have you had Imageshack? :huh:

I've had my account, free account, for years and they've never shut it down on me.  Heck, I don't even recall a "trial" period.

Randomdays

I've had my free account for years also. Things have been changing lately though

spydermann93

BentonGrey

Nice!  The swordsman looks promising.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

Cyber Burn

I was able to get the guys with the Swords and Axes Skoped onto another Mesh with more suitable Keyframes, and I have a few ideas for the Spearman and Pikeman as well, it's just a matter of being able to get them done. In addition, while Skoping the Sword and Axe guys, I was able to set it up so that I more or less have a Template which may make Skoping some of the other characters go a little quicker.

doctorchallenger

Quote from: Cyber Burn on February 04, 2014, 03:24:27 PM
I was able to get the guys with the Swords and Axes Skoped onto another Mesh with more suitable Keyframes, and I have a few ideas for the Spearman and Pikeman as well, it's just a matter of being able to get them done. In addition, while Skoping the Sword and Axe guys, I was able to set it up so that I more or less have a Template which may make Skoping some of the other characters go a little quicker.

CB: have you looked at Gren's latest Swordsman mesh? I have found that they work prettty well, with that, particularly the meshes with shields fixed in place. For those with hexxable shields, I have been playing with Gren's Crusader (version 2 with shield) mesh.

Randomdays

The Sword and axemen are just off of a male_basic varient. The spear and pikemen are too, but I would have liked to get them on something else if I could. Tommyboy's Moleman had some good staff/ thrusting kfs, or maybe one of the Gambit's.

Working on the Aztec warriors at the moment. At least one of those has a cape so I would need that skoped if possible when done, since I'm having trouble finding a caped mesh that works with Blender.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: doctorchallenger on February 04, 2014, 10:22:26 PM
Quote from: Cyber Burn on February 04, 2014, 03:24:27 PM

CB: have you looked at Gren's latest Swordsman mesh? I have found that they work prettty well, with that, particularly the meshes with shields fixed in place. For those with hexxable shields, I have been playing with Gren's Crusader (version 2 with shield) mesh.

Doc: I totally forgot about the Crusader Mesh, I'll have to check that out, if it has shield animations, it may be a better fit that what I already did.

Quote from: Randomdays on February 04, 2014, 10:43:58 PM
The Sword and axemen are just off of a male_basic varient. The spear and pikemen are too, but I would have liked to get them on something else if I could. Tommyboy's Moleman had some good staff/ thrusting kfs, or maybe one of the Gambit's.

Working on the Aztec warriors at the moment. At least one of those has a cape so I would need that skoped if possible when done, since I'm having trouble finding a caped mesh that works with Blender.

Random: Could you use Tommyboy's "Tv_Lite_Fingers" Mesh as a base? It already has a cape node and may prove workable for skoping.

Randomdays

Cyber, I don't think I have that mesh. Can you send it or a link my way?

Thanks

Cyber Burn

My bad, it's called "tvlite_fingers", located here on the bottom left of the screen: http://www.tommyboymeshes.freedomforceforever.com/other%20meshes%201.html

Randomdays

Resurrecting this thread since, like Dean, I'm getting motivated for some Saturday Morning Goodness, and this is a good place to continue from.

And, of course, the last post many years ago, was Cyber helping out as always.

First, I tried to get one of the Phantom Cruisers for Space Ghost imported. The first 2 skinned models were in formats or versions that Blender couldn't  handle.

The 3rd model came in, but it was an obj file that the user had set up for 3D printing and there was no mtl file or skin set up for it.

It took a few hours to get where I'm at on the outside, and I'm just about as far as I can go. The uv mapping is all messed up, and someone who knows what they're doing would have to work with that. I gave the ship the basic yellow color from the series, but there's no shading or anything due to the mapping. I separated out the cockpit glass to give it a different texture, and to see if I can add transparency with an alpha channel later. Last, I took the shield from Gren's Crusader mesh and pasted it on the back, and put the Space Ghost emblem on it.

If I can get the transparency for the cockpit set, I'll see about adding some seats and Space Ghost inside, and maybe doing a completely transparent model for 'inviso' mode.

Comments and help welcome.

RD

Here's where its at for now, hopefully resized correctly to put a crew inside ;

BentonGrey

Neat, RD!  I'm afraid I have nothing helpful to add.  I'm pretty sure you know a lot more about this end of things than I do.  Good luck!
God Bless

deanjo2000

Good stuff :thumbup: I have zero skill in this area and I'm always impressed with what gets done.
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/da3a3y1ac4uqp/FreedoForce

"sorry she couldn`t wait" superman to wonderman jla/avengers.

Randomdays

Thanks guys. Encouragement helps. And for both Benton and Dean, I couldn't do what you two do either.

I spent most of the morning working on the Cruiser, going as far as I think I can go on the interior for now. I was able to alpha the windows, added 4 seats and a couple of control panels, some basic interior 'walls' since the cruiser mesh, like all meshes, is transparent from the inside. The last thing I did was take Kenn X's Space Ghost, remove everything except the mesh and the texture, and pose him in the pilot seat.

Further Space Ghost news; I was able to find a Zorak that imports. It's high poly so I'm working on trying to get it down within workable range. I was also able to find a few 'monkey meshes' that might work for Blip, but before I get started, I need to know if anyone would be willing to skin him. Without that, there's not much sense in working on him.

RD

Screenshots below;

Randomdays

And here's the first draft of Zorak - not rigged yet, but reduced down to a manageable 5000 * polys, and the 12 meg 2048 x 2048 tif skin down to a 500k 512 x 512 tga skin.

+

BentonGrey

So cool!  Space Ghost looks great in the cockpit!

Zorak!  Hah, nice!  He looks great.  :)
God Bless