Please login or register.

Login with email, password and session length

News:

Happy Holidays!

Author Topic: Possible Projects Interest  (Read 10362 times)

Offline Randomdays

Re: Possible Projects Interest
« Reply #180 on: January 24, 2014, 10:48:46 PM »
Snakes are out there, Neverwinter Nights comes to mind off the bat. Not sure about what I would rig it to for that snakelike motion. There's a Princess Python mesh that comes with a snake accessory that I have't checked out yet that might work. Suggestions?

Offline Randomdays

« Reply #181 on: January 26, 2014, 10:26:05 AM »
Checking out the snake, its by Bearded - snake_small. Besides the standard skin it also has a yellow and green skin by Zulu Delta. For some reason the alpha was set to transparent but when I increased up to 1.0 and zoomed in with the character viewer I could see it. The scale can be increased to make it a giant snake with nifscope since it is VERY small.

Let me know if this is what you need - I could try to put rig another snake mesh to it if you need something different - a hooded cobra for instance.

Offline Randomdays

« Reply #182 on: January 27, 2014, 07:43:10 AM »
Updated the desert releases with an Egyptian group from Civ 5

Pictured below - Archer, Composite Bowman and Longbowman - (rigged to male basic and needs to be skoped onto an archer base.) ,driver and spearman from chariot

Knight, longswordsman, pikeman, spearman and swordsman

http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/FF_Swap_Shop/files/Desert%20Sands

Offline Randomdays

« Reply #183 on: January 27, 2014, 08:06:25 AM »
Most of the desert units are done and I'll be starting on another group soon, as well as some more MUA items and something for LP. Any preference on which group you'd like to see next?

Rome, Greece, Vikings, Spain, China, Japan, Mongol, Persia, India, Babylon, England, France, Germany, Crusader, Aztec, Inca, Maya, Amerind, Polynesia

Offline spydermann93

« Reply #184 on: January 27, 2014, 02:03:56 PM »
Aztecs, Inca, China, and Vikings :D

Offline Cyber Burn

« Reply #185 on: January 27, 2014, 02:08:09 PM »
Do you have a link that shows the characters? If the Germans are Nazis, then I would definitely have an interest there, you can never have enough Nazis to beat on. Otherwise, the Vikings sound interesting.

As for this current group that you're previewing, very nice, I like the animal motifs of the characters, I also like the diversity of weapons.

Offline Randomdays

« Reply #186 on: January 27, 2014, 10:09:47 PM »
I should have been a little more specific - all are past age units at present. The German units are sword and shield level along with the rest.

Offline Randomdays

« Reply #187 on: January 29, 2014, 09:00:45 AM »
CB - Link for what the various packs look like, Danrell's Ancient packs 1-22

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=cat&id=129

I haven't really looked at packs for the other eras yet, but there's bunches out there.

Offline Cyber Burn

« Reply #188 on: January 29, 2014, 02:16:45 PM »
Just took a brief look at a few of the options, and the ones that interested me were the Vikings, Russians, Germans, and the Koreans.

Offline spydermann93

« Reply #189 on: January 29, 2014, 02:26:51 PM »
Just took a brief look at a few of the options, and the ones that interested me were the Vikings, Russians, Germans, and the Koreans.

Koreans are good ones, too! I forgot about them :P

But I'd still reeeeally like the Aztecs and Incans, overall.  We're lacking some good Meso/South American natives.

Offline Randomdays

« Reply #190 on: January 30, 2014, 12:33:33 AM »
Vikings first then. I haven't looked at the Koreans yet so I'll check them out. Probably the Aztecs, Incans and Maya after that since I was thinking about them as well.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 08:56:24 AM by Randomdays »

Offline BentonGrey

• Titans
    • The Greylands
« Reply #191 on: February 02, 2014, 08:26:52 PM »
I can't remember if I've said this somewhere else, but I will certainly have sue for Mayan/Aztec/Incan type troops eventually.  Vikings would be cool.  That might provide some nice options for Asgardian characters as well.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out my DC voicepacks at my yahoo group.
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/bentongrey
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/bentongrey2

Offline Randomdays

« Reply #192 on: February 03, 2014, 01:07:29 AM »
Vikings are done and will be up soon. 9 different characters ;

Archer and composite bowman on Beyonder's Green Arrow kfs, crossbowman on Gren's Punisher with the crossbow replacing the rifle, swordsman and pikeman

3 different longswordmen and a spearmen, on male_alpha_collar kfs.

Warning to all - imageshack redesigned itself not too long ago and today I see a message that my "free trial" only has 16 days left. Since I won't be paying for image hosting, I don't know what will happen to all my pics on the forums when the time runs out.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 07:48:46 AM by Randomdays »

Offline Cyber Burn

« Reply #193 on: February 03, 2014, 02:34:48 AM »
Love the Vikings, as for your photo hosting issues, I've been using Photobucket for years without issue, maybe you could try that out?

Offline spydermann93

« Reply #194 on: February 03, 2014, 02:37:03 AM »
How long have you had Imageshack? :huh:

I've had my account, free account, for years and they've never shut it down on me.  Heck, I don't even recall a "trial" period.

Offline Randomdays

« Reply #195 on: February 03, 2014, 02:56:55 AM »
I've had my free account for years also. Things have been changing lately though

Offline spydermann93

« Reply #196 on: February 03, 2014, 03:15:37 AM »
This page might be helpful to you:

https://imageshack.com/faq#subscriptions

Offline BentonGrey

• Titans
    • The Greylands
« Reply #197 on: February 03, 2014, 04:02:12 AM »
Nice!  The swordsman looks promising.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out my DC voicepacks at my yahoo group.
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/bentongrey
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/bentongrey2

Offline Cyber Burn

« Reply #198 on: February 04, 2014, 03:24:27 PM »
I was able to get the guys with the Swords and Axes Skoped onto another Mesh with more suitable Keyframes, and I have a few ideas for the Spearman and Pikeman as well, it's just a matter of being able to get them done. In addition, while Skoping the Sword and Axe guys, I was able to set it up so that I more or less have a Template which may make Skoping some of the other characters go a little quicker.

Offline doctorchallenger

« Reply #199 on: February 04, 2014, 10:22:26 PM »
I was able to get the guys with the Swords and Axes Skoped onto another Mesh with more suitable Keyframes, and I have a few ideas for the Spearman and Pikeman as well, it's just a matter of being able to get them done. In addition, while Skoping the Sword and Axe guys, I was able to set it up so that I more or less have a Template which may make Skoping some of the other characters go a little quicker.

CB: have you looked at Gren's latest Swordsman mesh? I have found that they work prettty well, with that, particularly the meshes with shields fixed in place. For those with hexxable shields, I have been playing with Gren's Crusader (version 2 with shield) mesh.

Offline Randomdays

« Reply #200 on: February 04, 2014, 10:43:58 PM »
The Sword and axemen are just off of a male_basic varient. The spear and pikemen are too, but I would have liked to get them on something else if I could. Tommyboy's Moleman had some good staff/ thrusting kfs, or maybe one of the Gambit's.

Working on the Aztec warriors at the moment. At least one of those has a cape so I would need that skoped if possible when done, since I'm having trouble finding a caped mesh that works with Blender.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 11:00:35 PM by Randomdays »

Offline Cyber Burn

« Reply #201 on: February 05, 2014, 02:19:08 PM »

CB: have you looked at Gren's latest Swordsman mesh? I have found that they work prettty well, with that, particularly the meshes with shields fixed in place. For those with hexxable shields, I have been playing with Gren's Crusader (version 2 with shield) mesh.

Doc: I totally forgot about the Crusader Mesh, I'll have to check that out, if it has shield animations, it may be a better fit that what I already did.

The Sword and axemen are just off of a male_basic varient. The spear and pikemen are too, but I would have liked to get them on something else if I could. Tommyboy's Moleman had some good staff/ thrusting kfs, or maybe one of the Gambit's.

Working on the Aztec warriors at the moment. At least one of those has a cape so I would need that skoped if possible when done, since I'm having trouble finding a caped mesh that works with Blender.

Random: Could you use Tommyboy's "Tv_Lite_Fingers" Mesh as a base? It already has a cape node and may prove workable for skoping.

Offline Randomdays

« Reply #202 on: February 05, 2014, 11:41:43 PM »
Cyber, I don't think I have that mesh. Can syou send it or a link my way?

Thanks

Offline Cyber Burn

« Reply #203 on: February 06, 2014, 12:16:17 AM »
My bad, it's called "tvlite_fingers", located here on the bottom left of the screen: http://www.tommyboymeshes.freedomforceforever.com/other%20meshes%201.html