News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Pokemon X and Y

Started by Tomato, October 20, 2013, 02:15:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomato

so, if anyone wonders where I'm at for the next week or so... I finally broke down and started playing Pokemon Y.

Silver Shocker

Cool. I hear it's really good.  My nephew recently bought a 3DS so he could play that.   I'm still playing through Black/White myself.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

spydermann93

I'm really loving X & Y. Those blasted Fairies are actually making the game tougher than I predicted, and Megas make for a very interesting gameplay element (Life Orb, Leftovers, or a Mega? hmmm).  I really like that they focused on making for a better game than adding just another heap of non-interesting pokemon.  I mean, I'm not a fan of all of them (Swirlix? A cotton candy? bleh), but at least most of the new ones are pretty interesting (I'm in love with the final forms of the starters and the legendaries).

I'm absolutely in love with Honedge and its evolutions.  Doublade with Eviolite makes for a great physical juggernaut while Aegislash is just a tank.  Probably my favorite Pokemon thus far.

I'm not too crazy about Horde battles (they're can get tedious) and the Friend Safari would have been more tolerable if there was still the option of the standard Safari Zone.  I'm also not too fond of Sky Battles.  But other than those little mechanics, I'm in love with the game.