Issue 57: FX recolouring

Started by Jimaras8, October 22, 2013, 01:13:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimaras8

Oh, i get it now hoss. Standard folder it is then :D. Sorry for giving you trouble. So as far as RR goes USAgent has a hero file in his pack for the character so i suspect that there is a mesh out there  but i guess it's tough to find. If anyone has a clue it would be really appreciated. Randomdays, thx for the meshes man i will grab them iimediately.

A Arnie said many years ago, I' ll back!!!!

Edit: Um Random, in my e-mail i only saw zabu and a ghost pic :huh: :huh: :huh:, not a ghost mesh.

Randomdays

Grim and the Ghost were right next to each other in the directory. I think the Ghost snuck away and Grim took his place.

New email sent with a captured Ghost mesh.

Jimaras8

QuoteGrim and the Ghost were right next to each other in the directory. I think the Ghost snuck away and Grim took his place.
No problem man, i just got a little confused  :D. Thx again.

Jimaras8

Jim's request cataclysm episode 6  :P. Any carnage meshes out there beyond Ultimate Evil's which i have? Also what about little old Hobby. And guest star: Rocket Racer!!

Randomdays

There's a Hobgoblin on Tommyboy's site. The only other Carnage I see is Johnny Patches that was at Champions.

Jim, do you have the megalist? I see both of the above on the list. If you don't have it, I can send it your way.

Jimaras8

QuoteJim, do you have the megalist
. No, i dont't. I guess it's some kind of accumulated meshes links?

Randomdays

Links to over 3000 meshes and skins. Some of the links are down by now of course, but the yahoo groups are still good, plus has Tommyboy and Alex's sites as well as some others still up and functional. Still extremely useful, as well as this site (also a bit outdated) http://frworld.wikispaces.com/Mesh+List+Index

These two, as well as members here, are your best bet for finding what you need.

Sending it your way. It's an xls file by the way.

Jimaras8

I would like to ask hoss and CB if the spear that Kraven holds is supposed to be white? I think in Gren's Zaran the spear is brown and when i used CB hand batch one hand ninja was holding a brown spear. The one that Kraven holds is all white. Is it normal? I placed the two extras in the standrard folder and used C6 skin. All according to plan.

EDIT: Hoss provided the fixed skin so the spear is back to brown. problem solved guys, well until the next one  :D

Jimaras8

Is there and USAgent mesh around. I know he is a mere clone of Cap but i always liked him, don't know why. I stormed gren;s 16 groups but he didn't make one or i didn't find one neither in his groups nor in the champions of freedom groups. I really didn't have any strength to start searching in the various groups i have on my list so here i am.

hoss20

Ah, you got it already! I was about to post to let you know that I sent it. I figured the skin might be missing an art file, but usually when that happens the mesh piece is pink, not white. Well, anyway I'm glad the problem is fixed.

Renegade made a USAgent mesh located here: http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Renegades_Toybox_Part_2/files (Both Classic and Omega Flight)

C6 did an awesome skin for Tommyboy's equally awesome Hobgoblin mesh here: http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/C6_Unhosted_Skins/files

Jimaras8

Hoss is quick as flash. Both meshes rock thx for pointing them out. Still no news about rocket racer huh? Guess there isn't a skin after all. If anything else crosses my mind i will post it here. Thumbs up to the community once more  :thumbup:

Amazo Version 2.2

when you look at rocket racer's hero file, what mesh does it say it's for?

Quote from: Jimaras8 on November 04, 2013, 05:15:15 PM
Is there and USAgent mesh around. I know he is a mere clone of Cap but i always liked him, don't know why. I stormed gren;s 16 groups but he didn't make one or i didn't find one neither in his groups nor in the champions of freedom groups. I really didn't have any strength to start searching in the various groups i have on my list so here i am.

when you are looking for a character with a shield, look in the yahoo groups for renegades toybox, renegade meshed a bunch of them
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

daglob

Rocket Racer's the guy on the skateboard, right? If so, he's not finished.

hoss20

Wasn't Cyber doing a skope for Rocket Racer? I think it only needed a skin. I have a hero file for Rocket Racer in my archives (I don't know if it's a USAgent or TaskmasterX file) that shows it uses the male_surfer mesh. Also, Vigilante did a Rocket Racer skin, but it's for male_basic: http://originalvigilante2.tripod.com/skins5.htm

Cyber Burn

Quote from: daglob on November 04, 2013, 11:10:52 PM
Rocket Racer's the guy on the skateboard, right? If so, he's not finished.

Daglob is the man!

Quote from: hoss20 on November 04, 2013, 11:33:18 PM
Wasn't Cyber doing a skope for Rocket Racer? I think it only needed a skin.

Sounds like Daglob is stepping up.

Quote from: hoss20 on November 04, 2013, 11:33:18 PM
Also, Vigilante did a Rocket Racer skin, but it's for male_basic: http://originalvigilante2.tripod.com/skins5.htm

I am never short of amazement in how awesome the old school skinners were. What they did with the original meshes (Male_Basic, Male_Cape, etc.) is worthy of some major respect.

Jimaras8

Well i didn't know that vigilante had a skin. To be honest i didn't ever know who vigilante was  :P. I will check his skin and experiment a little bit. I am currently reading some spider man comics with outlaws and i like rocket racer. He isn't that deep of a character but the whole magnetic skateboard ans missile thing is intriguing.

Oh, are there any speedball mehses out there beyond tommyboy's awesome pack?

Jimaras8

Oh, ok. I just wanted to ask, what does the note that tommy wrote below the speedball pack mean? About rewriting the nif to character.nif and placing the skin to the standard folder. In-game the mesh changes skins without a problem. What are all those nifs in the mesh folder suppose to do.

hoss20

In the preview picture on Tommyboy's site and in the Speedball mesh folder itself it not only shows the different skins, but different meshes for the skins to match. So, if you would like to use the version with the coat, you would change the current character.nif to something like character_original.nif and then change the Speedballcoatcharacter.nif to character.nif. You would then choose the Standard skin and rename it to Original and rename the Speedball 2nd coat skin to Standard so that it is the default skin for the new mesh.

It's just up to you if you want to get rid of the other meshes whose look you don't like along with the extra skins. I've included a little guide to the meshes and skins so that you don't have go changing the nif names and closing in and out of the Character Tool a half a dozen times to pick the look that you want. I've used the skin names and the nif names are either exactly the same or something close enough to figure out.

Jimaras8

I get it Hoss, thx for the mini tutorial. Anyway, i used the default mesh and skin which happens to be Speedball's classic outfit and my personal favourite. So no problem here. One last thing. I know i shouldn't post it here but does anyone have any imperial guard hero files? I already use usagent's ones but i could use more feedback  ;)

hoss20

I just sent you the set of Imperial Guard hero files that I had made by TaskmasterX.

Jimaras8

Again saving the day  :thumbup:. Thx hoss, i have been searching for a second batch for ages. Can't thank you enough :D

Podmark

There actually was another Speedball mesh. Can't remember who made it though.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Cyber Burn

There was another one by Tommyboy called "Speedball_T" located here:

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/tommyboysFreedomForceMeshes9/

It's different than the one at his regular website.

Jimaras8

Well i can't get away for a sec and you people come up with more findings. Outrageous  :P.

First Note: Renegade's meshes rock but man the names of your meshes could easily be secret service initials. I don't even know whose mesh i am downloading. Hahah i am just kidding. It's a plan to force to download them all right? It's working.

Apart form styles_skopes has style any other yahoo group?

Last one: What Venom meshes are out there? I think i remember a murs one and a TexasJack. Oh and to save you from the trouble i already have agent venom.

Cyber Burn

No actual Venom meshes that I know of, but Johnny Patches had a "Venom_New_Head" skope floating around somewhere (It was at the Champions of Freedom website), and I know that Daglob made a very nice skin for it (But  I don't remember if he released it), unfortunately I don't think it's loaded anywhere online at the moment, hopefully someone can E-Mail the files to you.

There is another skope located here: http://catman.freedomforceforever.com/pages/spider.html

And I know that there are more skins out there, for example, The Ultimate Evil has one at Heroforce, and I'm sure that there are more out there.

And which Agent Venom did you have, I believe there were more than one made.

Detourne_Me's skope: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/detourne_me/

There was another one, I think by BigAl, but I can't seem to find it right now. If I come across it later, I'll let you know.

As for Styles' skopes, with Champions of Freedom being gone, check the Champions Yahoo Groups. There are only a couple of his skopes loaded up there, but some are better than none.

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Champions_of_Freedom_2/

As far as Renegade's meshes go, my rule was to just download them all, I would end up using them eventually.  :P

Quote from: Jimaras8 on November 06, 2013, 10:40:18 AM
Well i can't get away for a sec and you people come up with more findings. Outrageous  :P.

Personally, I like being able to help people, it makes me feel good about myself knowing that I was able to do something nice for someone else, and my hope is always that the person I help will pay it forward. But also, doing this gives me a break when I'm getting frustrated with skopes that I am working on. So it's a win - win situation.  :D

Jimaras8

QuotePersonally, I like being able to help people, it makes me feel good about myself knowing that I was able to do something nice for someone else, and my hope is always that the person I help will pay it forward. But also, doing this gives me a break when I'm getting frustrated with skopes that I am working on. So it's a win - win situation.  :D
. Any way i can i am gonna help every member of the community i can even though i am still a rookie here. At least those 3 gb of meshes that sit on my drive are going to prove useful to someone besides me. CB you don't have to get upset about skopes man. Art is a getaway, it helps us relax and sometimes make things we couldn't dream. If a skope is proving a hard nut to crack then you let it go and catch up with it later. We aren't gonna run form creators any time soon as i see it  :D. However, i get your point, i myself get so frustrated when i can't think of the proper effect,fx,sound or name for a power especially when it's the last ones for the character. It drives me crazy  :P!

As for agent V, i think i have the ones from dm. Well if anyone remembers something about venom or carnage (still looking for a second mesh apart for UE which is really good) just drop out here. At least this thread can help guys like who have difficulties locating meshes for characters. It can turn out as a sort of mini database.

QuoteAs far as Renegade's meshes go, my rule was to just download them all, I would end up using them eventually.
. Yeah, it's renegade's master plan so he can promote his meshes. He forces us to download them all! Same on him  :D!

daglob

If I find a site with any meshes, skins of extras, I just go ahead and download EVERYTHING, because if I don't use it, someone will eventually.

I had forgotten about Vigilante's Rocket Racer. His site was one of the first I found when I started collecting skins. Now I'll have to see if I can fix it so that V's skin will fit Cyber's scope...

Yes, I did a skin for Venom New Head. I thought I had posted it... I did skins for several of Johnny Patches scopes that I guess I've forgotten to release.

hoss20

Daglob, you did release it and it's at Character Obscura VIII: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/characterobscura8/

I'm glad this all came about as I had forgotten that I had downloaded your Carnage_new head skin, that is also at CO8, and I need to put it on the skope.  :banghead:

Jimaras8

[quote Now I'll have to see if I can fix it so that V's skin will fit Cyber's scope...][/quote]. Daglob that's really kind of you. I don't want to put you into trouble man but i will be frank and i say i would be really happy if you do it :D. This community deserves every hero created and if i find myself some time i might start learning how to create skopes even though art isn't my ace in the hole.

Guys, sorry to insist but i was pretty sure i have seen at least one TJ Venom and one Murs47 skin i think. When i searched the forums i did find that was true, however there was no link for the meshes. can someone dig anything up?