Issue 57: FX recolouring

Started by Jimaras8, October 22, 2013, 01:13:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimaras8

Is there any Imperial Guard Hussar mesh with whip animations?

Cyber Burn

I think Ink made a "Hussar" Mesh, but I don't know if it has a whip or not. Unfortunately, without my computer, I have no way to check.

spydermann93

Unfortunately, Ink's Hussar does not have a whip, but I'm guess that one could rig it to a mesh that does have a whip, like Blacklash_tvlite

Jimaras8

Well guys it isn't such a big deal. I just thought i would make the hero more accurate. Doesn't matter that much. But i could use some info on Gren's Malekith mesh. I would hate searching all 16 of them  :D

spydermann93

Quote from: Jimaras8 on December 24, 2013, 07:21:02 PM
Well guys it isn't such a big deal. I just thought i would make the hero more accurate. Doesn't matter that much. But i could use some info on Gren's Malekith mesh. I would hate searching all 16 of them  :D

I'll send you the converted mesh :cool:

Jimaras8

Guys you are gold. Thx so much for the help. And yes i have finally started the Imperial Guard! Dear Jebus these guys are all over the place, i think they might have more members than the Avengers.

hoss20

I have a Hussar skope created by someone that uses Ink's Hussar and Tommyboy's Female_versatile that includes a whip. There's no Read Me file, so I don't know who did it. If I had to guess, I might say it was Flash22798. I've sent it your way, Jim.

spydermann93

Quote from: hoss20 on December 26, 2013, 05:07:13 AM
I have a Hussar skope created by someone that uses Ink's Hussar and Tommyboy's Female_versatile that includes a whip. There's no Read Me file, so I don't know who did it. If I had to guess, I might say it was Flash22798. I've sent it your way, Jim.

Oooh, could I get a copy of that, Hoss?

My email is holy_pilgrim90@yahoo.com

Thanks! :thumbup:

hoss20

It's been sent. :santa: Merry Christmas!

Jimaras8

Thx hoss, Merry Christmas to all of you guys  ;). Oh, by the way any Baron von Strucker mesh out there?

Cyber Burn

I am pretty sure there is a Strucker skin by C6 in one of his Hydra packs. There is also a skope or two floating around which I think uses that skin as it's base. Without my computer, I can't give specific links.

Strucker has been on my list to skope forever, I wanted his power glove (Or whatever it was called). I just haven't been able to skope it to my satisfaction.

Quote from: hoss20 on December 26, 2013, 05:07:13 AM

Hoss, could you send that my way as well please? I know I can't do anything with it yet, but I would like to eventually check it out. I don't think it was by Flash though, I don't recall seeing it on any of his back up disks.

spydermann93

Quote from: Jimaras8 on December 26, 2013, 11:36:14 AM
Thx hoss, Merry Christmas to all of you guys  ;). Oh, by the way any Baron von Strucker mesh out there?

I have two Struckers.  They're on their way with Malekith, as well :)

Quote from: hoss20 on December 26, 2013, 07:49:47 AM
It's been sent. :santa: Merry Christmas!

Thanks Hoss! Merry Christmas, mate!

Jimaras8

Much obliged too Hoss and Spyder of course. You are my personal wikipedia guys when megalist can't help me. Oh, spyder have you made any progress with Malekith? I noticed that in one of his animations he uses an item that resembles the Casket of ancient winters, am i right?

spydermann93

Quote from: Jimaras8 on December 28, 2013, 11:26:10 AM
Much obliged too Hoss and Spyder of course. You are my personal wikipedia guys when megalist can't help me. Oh, spyder have you made any progress with Malekith? I noticed that in one of his animations he uses an item that resembles the Casket of ancient winters, am i right?

Almost done.  I'm just making a few last adjustments. And yes, you are right. He does have the Cask of Ancient Winters :)

spydermann93

Malekith's hero file has been sent :)

Jimaras8

Many thanks Spyder, i tried to find some comics with Malekith to form an idea about his powers but i still haven't found any of them. Anyway, you rock  :D, i will get down to business.

Jimaras8

How can i make AA's Ms Marvel mesh use LP's Ms Marvel keyframes? I tired copy/paste and it didn't work.

spydermann93

If you give me a little bit, I can probably fulfill that request for you. :)

spydermann93

aaaaaaaaaaand done!

I'm going to send you the skope now :)

Jimaras8

Spyder thx for the hundreth time. Could you tell me how you did it so i dodn't have to ask you guys to save my day :D ?

spydermann93

Quote from: Jimaras8 on December 29, 2013, 07:32:19 PM
Spyder thx for the hundreth time. Could you tell me how you did it so i dodn't have to ask you guys to save my day :D ?

Well,

you open a mesh and the mesh with the keyframes that you want in Nifskope.  Once there, you can remove parts of a mesh by clicking on the part you want removed and deleting it's entire block (Go to Block>Remove Block after right-clicking it in the menu).

You can then copy a block from another mesh onto the mesh that you are modifying.  There are quite a few tutorials in the "Hex Editing" sub-forum that go much more indepth.

Jimaras8

Thx for the tips spyder although i think i haven't really got it  :P. Anyway, are there any atlantean meshes?

Cyber Burn

There are a couple with water animations in Benton Grey's DCUG Mod, and there are a couple that I had been working on for Spyder. I have two Skopes that are finished that were sent out for skins, and I have one Skope that was almost finished, and another that was in the beginning stages.

Jimaras8

Well, you guys did it again. I was looking for an original mod in the frunlimited and i stumbled at your avatars mod. So surreal, i was laughing for 5 minutes straight. I think i will take a break for creating marvel characters and i will focus a little in you guys, see how crazy i can make you. A couple o questions first.

1 How can i run the mod in full screen? When i start it it runs in a window and it's kind of annoying.

2 Have you guys made any hero files for yourselves? The mod has plenty of avatars but i think a couple of the creators are missing like Podamrk or Ink. Could any of you be so kind to send me any avatar hero files? I' ve found the meshes in AA's site.

hoss20

You will also find a ton of avatars here: http://www.alexff.com/stuff.php

The first page of C6's stuff is all avatars along with a fair amount of the first page on Firestorm's first page.

Jimaras8

Thx for the info hoss, appreciated as always. I have one more favor to ask, though. I am really not familiar with your powers guys and i suspect i can't search for a wiki  :P. So i anyone has made any herofiles about the avatars it would much appreciated. I already have spyder hero files which include: tommyboy, AA, Podamark, Ink, Fractal Girl, Cacus, Demon, C6, Bovine, Ivan P, Unko Man, Ultimate Evil, Abenavides, Dr Man Bot (btw i haven't found his mesh), Magmaman, Lightning Man. Any hero files beyond these would be most welcome  :D.

spydermann93

Quote from: Jimaras8 on January 05, 2014, 12:00:32 PM
Thx for the info hoss, appreciated as always. I have one more favor to ask, though. I am really not familiar with your powers guys and i suspect i can't search for a wiki  :P. So i anyone has made any herofiles about the avatars it would much appreciated. I already have spyder hero files which include: tommyboy, AA, Podamark, Ink, Fractal Girl, Cacus, Demon, C6, Bovine, Ivan P, Unko Man, Ultimate Evil, Abenavides, Dr Man Bot (btw i haven't found his mesh), Magmaman, Lightning Man. Any hero files beyond these would be most welcome  :D.

I know that Sioux City Dynamo has some hero files for his avatar-related meshes that come with the downloads and Afghan Ant has hero files attached to his avatar (and his variants) as well as members of the Gamma Patrol.  I believe Tomato also has some hidden in his downloads, but I'm not sure about that.

hoss20

For reference, try the Freedom Reborn Wiki: http://frworld.wikispaces.com/

Down at the bottom of the page, under Community, the Heroes, Villains, and teams links have descriptions along with pictures of many of the avatars. Although the descriptions are not put in hero file format, they do give you an overview of their powers and strength levels so that you can create your own hero files.

Also, here's an archive page for NPI: http://web.archive.org/web/20060113152959/http://newpowerinc.com/skins_hexes.htm

Being an archive, it's a little hard to navigate, but clicking on the creators on the left side will bring up their listings and most have a link for avatars they have done. Unfortunately, some of the download links don't work, but it's still a good resource to check out.