Issue 57: FX recolouring

Started by Jimaras8, October 22, 2013, 01:13:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyber Burn

Also at Alex's Freedom Fortress: http://www.alexff.com/goodies.php

There are two Mods based on FR Avatars. They are the "Forum Battle Royale 1" Mod and the "Forum Battle Royale 2" Mod.

They are both for FF1, but are very much worth checking out. Just a heads up though, I think that they are both pretty good sized files.

Tomato

Quote from: spydermann93 on January 05, 2014, 06:22:24 PM
Quote from: Jimaras8 on January 05, 2014, 12:00:32 PM
Thx for the info hoss, appreciated as always. I have one more favor to ask, though. I am really not familiar with your powers guys and i suspect i can't search for a wiki  :P. So i anyone has made any herofiles about the avatars it would much appreciated. I already have spyder hero files which include: tommyboy, AA, Podamark, Ink, Fractal Girl, Cacus, Demon, C6, Bovine, Ivan P, Unko Man, Ultimate Evil, Abenavides, Dr Man Bot (btw i haven't found his mesh), Magmaman, Lightning Man. Any hero files beyond these would be most welcome  :D.

I know that Sioux City Dynamo has some hero files for his avatar-related meshes that come with the downloads and Afghan Ant has hero files attached to his avatar (and his variants) as well as members of the Gamma Patrol.  I believe Tomato also has some hidden in his downloads, but I'm not sure about that.

I used to, but I'm not sure if they're up in the latest versions. If nothing else, there's a version of the hero file in the "Freedom Reborn" mod that's up at FRProductions.

daglob

Dr. Manbot used to be on a site with a lot of interesting stuff.

If no one has sent it to you by Wednesday, I will if I can remember to put it on my flash drive.

daglob

Dr. Manbot is on his way, along with a couple of friends.

Jimaras8

Wow, you guys rock' n roll! Thx for all the help. I am currently pausing my avatar creation as i started Lego Marvel Super Heroes  :P :P. Not a big fan of Lego games but since it has Marvel in the title is a no-brainer. Hope all you guys doing ok.

Ow, by the way a request that crossed my mind. Usagent has a nova corps hero files that uses a nova_v_syn_milenian which i can't find in the megalist.

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Jimaras8 on January 05, 2014, 12:00:32 PM
Thx for the info hoss, appreciated as always. I have one more favor to ask, though. I am really not familiar with your powers guys and i suspect i can't search for a wiki  :P. So i anyone has made any herofiles about the avatars it would much appreciated. I already have spyder hero files which include: tommyboy, AA, Podamark, Ink, Fractal Girl, Cacus, Demon, C6, Bovine, Ivan P, Unko Man, Ultimate Evil, Abenavides, Dr Man Bot (btw i haven't found his mesh), Magmaman, Lightning Man. Any hero files beyond these would be most welcome  :D.

There are hero files for Fractal Girl, Cacus, Demon, Bovine, IPS, and Magmaman? I would love to see these - afghanant@gmail.com.

Jimaras8

QuoteThere are hero files for Fractal Girl, Cacus, Demon, Bovine, IPS, and Magmaman? I would love to see these

Yep, AA spyder's. They are on their way to you!

Edit: Sent.

spydermann93

Would you mind sending them to me as well, Jim?

I lost them along with the other 1,000 hero files I had made on my last computer.

Jimaras8

Wow, that's too bad buddy, i hate just the thought all my work just gets flushed away. I guess thank goodness you shared them :D. Which ones do you need? All your hero files or just the ones i sent to AA?

spydermann93

Quote from: Jimaras8 on January 09, 2014, 05:24:58 PM
Wow, that's too bad buddy, i hate just the thought all my work just gets flushed away. I guess thank goodness you shared them :D. Which ones do you need? All your hero files or just the ones i sent to AA?

If you could send all of the ones I sent you, that would be a big help!

AfghanAnt

I took a look and I really like the Q-Men herofiles. The only thing that wasn't spot on to how I envisioned them is Cacus would spit glowing blue radiation instead of sonic but that's cool too. :)

Jimaras8

As soon as i can Spyder, i will. Today is most likely to be sent.

Jimaras8

Nice prof pic AA, really like your avatar! So, guys beyond tommyboy's Iron spider are there any other meshes of the character?

daglob

I think there were a couple of skins that went on jik's Spiderman mesh (Pod's might be one of them). I did do an Iron Spiderwoman scope.

Jimaras8

Anyone has nova_v_syn milennian skin by syn or even an alternative nova corps skin? I am trying to expand my nova corps so any feedback is welcome. Also has anyone learned how to work Marvel city map form tommyboy's mpa pack for  :ffvstr:? It is bugging me for months. If anyone has made it work could you post the exact steps here? Thanl you  :D

Jimaras8

Downloaded Gren's Dormammu mesh, converted it and i noticed it is pink in the CT2!! What's going on?

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Jimaras8 on January 18, 2014, 11:11:15 AM
Anyone has nova_v_syn milennian skin by syn or even an alternative nova corps skin? I am trying to expand my nova corps so any feedback is welcome. Also has anyone learned how to work Marvel city map form tommyboy's mpa pack for  :ffvstr:? It is bugging me for months. If anyone has made it work could you post the exact steps here? Thanl you  :D

I don't yet have my files from my old computer, but going through the stuff that I do have, the only Skins that I have been able to find for Syn's "Nova" Mesh are the Standard Skin, and the one from Murs47.

Quote from: Jimaras8 on January 22, 2014, 01:57:23 PM
Downloaded Gren's Dormammu mesh, converted it and i noticed it is pink in the CT2!! What's going on?

I don't seem to have that Mesh, the only "Dormammu" Mesh that I know of is the one by Valandar. As for the pink Skin issue, have you converted your (.TGA) files to (.DDS) format yet?

spydermann93

Make sure that you aren't missing your "_glow" and "_refl" files for each type, e.g. male_basic_glow, male_basic_refl, etc.  Missing those files will give you the Dread Pinkmammu.

Or it could be that he's not converted to .dds as Cyber had mentioned.

Jimaras8

And how do i convert the TGA to DDS  :P :P?

Jimaras8

QuoteI don't yet have my files from my old computer, but going through the stuff that I do have, the only Skins that I have been able to find for Syn's "Nova" Mesh are the Standard Skin, and the one from Murs47.

Could you send the murs one to me?

Cyber Burn

Not a problem, when I'm looking for the Night Thrasher stuff, I'll do that as well.

Jimaras8

Has Usagent any hero file for Monica Rembau aka Captain Marvel, Photon and currently Spectrum. I can't seem to find any.

spydermann93

Not that I know of, I'm afraid.

Also, about your Starhawk request, I should be able to get him to you soonish.  I'm currently making several Transformers (started watching G1 with a friend, recently), several Avengers (including Photon), and Darkseid's Elite (nobody seems to have many files on them, especially Virmin and Mantis).

Jimaras8

Much appreciated as always Spyder. I am currently trying to find motivation to start  :ffvstr: again but i am really struggling. Anyway, i will give Monica a shot see what i can pull out.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Jimaras8 on March 17, 2014, 03:29:13 PM
Has Usagent any hero file for Monica Rembau aka Captain Marvel, Photon and currently Spectrum. I can't seem to find any.

I found a Hero File titled "avengers capt marvel" that is from USAgent. The Zip File that it is in is dated "2004-02-29", so I don't know if it's for  :ff: or  :ffvstr:.

Also, I'm not sure if it's for Captain Marvel/Photon, or Captain Marvel/Kree. My Hero File Tools don't seem to be working correctly, so I can't check, but I'd be glad to send you guys the File if you're interested.

daglob

Seems like either Notepad or Wordpad will open Hero files and let you read the text strings. I believe it will let you see which mesh the file is intended for.