Issue 57: FX recolouring

Started by Jimaras8, October 22, 2013, 01:13:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grenadier

QuoteDon't forget summoning the Eternals to form the Uni-Mind

I already had one years ago, but I don't like it.  :) :) :)

It looked like a large burning mushroom.

Until Further Notice,  

No Requests will be be accepted.

WyldFyre

For Freedom!

Jimaras8

Guys could anyone be interested to make MCU Winter Soldier? I really like the updated look they gave him while maintaining some calssic elements. http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-3690429.

I specifically like the ninja like mask that gives him a more menacing look.

Jimaras8

Guys is there any nebula mesh that looks like this? http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-87290. I am looking for the cyber look.

Jimaras8

What other Olympian gods are out there. I already have Zeus, Ares, Apollo, Pluto, Hercules and Hermes. Has anyone made Artemis Dionysus or Hephaestus?

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Jimaras8 on October 07, 2014, 10:25:56 AM
What other Olympian gods are out there. I already have Zeus, Ares, Apollo, Pluto, Hercules and Hermes. Has anyone made Artemis Dionysus or Hephaestus?

http://tommyboymeshes.freedomforceforever.com/Marvel%20meshes%20H.html

Jimaras8

I often see animations named whip_yank or web_yank. I assume are attacks that either pull or make the targeted character fall but i haven't figured out how to do this in game. For example let's take gren's hussar mesh. How can i incorporate an attack that will pull the character towards me or make him fall?

spydermann93

Quote from: Jimaras8 on October 11, 2014, 12:13:51 PM
I often see animations named whip_yank or web_yank. I assume are attacks that either pull or make the targeted character fall but i haven't figured out how to do this in game. For example let's take gren's hussar mesh. How can i incorporate an attack that will pull the character towards me or make him fall?

It's a swap attack, just like Mental Damage or Crystallize.

If you look at the manual for FFX, you'll see how to go about setting up the attack :)

Jimaras8

I looked for it and the only thing i found was ffx troubleshooting that had one line that goes like this ''* If it is an issue with a power swap (e.g. "I tried to set up a hex beam to crystal cage swap"), make sure you have run the character through the Rumble Room "Generate Power IDs" mission.''. The other ffx txt is an install readme with all the changes in the ffx version.

Jimaras8

Ok my mistake. I founf the manual online and i have been doing some reseach. From what i understood it seems that state swap attacks are activated for every attack that has the first state. For example in our case we have Imperial Guard Hussar all of her stasis attack will have the pull effect. However i only want one pull attack. She already has a stasis attack but i don't want to have the pull effect. Can this happen?

spydermann93

Quote from: Jimaras8 on October 12, 2014, 11:08:16 AM
Ok my mistake. I founf the manual online and i have been doing some reseach. From what i understood it seems that state swap attacks are activated for every attack that has the first state. For example in our case we have Imperial Guard Hussar all of her stasis attack will have the pull effect. However i only want one pull attack. She already has a stasis attack but i don't want to have the pull effect. Can this happen?

Only if you make her a built-in character, I believe.

detourne_me

I tend to use Speed Decrease for my pull state swap.  This registers as a piercing attack, or in other words a general physical attack.  In my mind I justify it that way... spiderman's webs wouldn't be able to pull Rhino, or another armored or resistant-to-piercing characters...because...reasons.
You could also use Density Max to take down flyers. this is useful because it also slows down the character, somewhat replacing the damage type i've assigned to pull.

Jimaras8

Quote from: detourne_me on October 12, 2014, 12:17:02 PM
I tend to use Speed Decrease for my pull state swap.  This registers as a piercing attack, or in other words a general physical attack.  In my mind I justify it that way... spiderman's webs wouldn't be able to pull Rhino, or another armored or resistant-to-piercing characters...because...reasons.
You could also use Density Max to take down flyers. this is useful because it also slows down the character, somewhat replacing the damage type i've assigned to pull.

That is actually a pretty good idea dm. I used density max for gorunded but for fliers in makes more sense. So if i get this right an attack with two states per se density max and pull will apply both states to the target? It will pull him and make him go slower? Also do you have any suggestion for lifedrain. Which state is best suited first?

detourne_me

I'm not too sure about making two state swaps... i think i've tried it with mixed results before.
As for life drain, it really depends on the character, right?  for a vampire, I use Speed Decrease then state swap to lifedrain,  that way it replicates piercing teeth. If it's a magical life drain I usually use stasis or exile.
That's the great thing about this game,  there are a number of damage types that can be swapped,  so you can usually replicate the appropriate attack. Be it energy, piercing, magical, mental or frozen

Jimaras8

I play this game 5 years and only yesterday it came to my mind to make a pull attack. Otherwise i wouldn't know about swaps anyhow. What i meant with two state swaps is in your example a magical attack with pugratory and lifdrain will have both of those effects? Banish and lifedrain? Just so i get this straight.

spydermann93

Quote from: Jimaras8 on October 12, 2014, 04:23:06 PM
I play this game 5 years and only yesterday it came to my mind to make a pull attack. Otherwise i wouldn't know about swaps anyhow. What i meant with two state swaps is in your example a magical attack with pugratory and lifdrain will have both of those effects? Banish and lifedrain? Just so i get this straight.

In a sense, you can. You could make a status attack with stun and set "stun" to what you want the power to do (in this case, life drain), but realize that some attacks like Purgatory don't work well with stun (you'll have one or the other).

Also, for custom characters, setting "stun" to life drain will make all stuns life drain.  If you don't want that to happen, the character will have to be built-in, i.e. an actual character in your mod.

hoss20

What Spydermann is describing is a Carrier Attack and it really does add some flexibility to attacks. The initial question you were asking was involving the standard State Swap. If you set up a Purgatory or Banish attack and use the Life Drain state swap, then the power will be a Life Drain attack. What DM was describing was the fact that the type of power used (Physical, Mental, Mystical) in the original power will be affected by the resistances of the character the power is being used upon, regardless of the power it is swapped out for. DM was describing making the State Swap power the same type as the original power, so that the affected hero has the same resistance for it. Another example would be to use Panic and swap it out for the Mental Damage attack because they are both Mental. You can see in-game what type of attack each power is, but the FFX Manual also has these listed in the descriptions of the Standard Powers.

Jimaras8

Thx for the info hoss. Yeah, making the states the same power type makes sense as the target will have at least a chance to resist that. The subject has become much clearer now. I don't believe i hadn't heard about states until three days ago  :lol:. Tank you all fo your help.

Jimaras8

Any Vulcan (Gabriel Summers) meshes out there? Also i have Shi'ar royal guard, soldier and guard. Are there any other Shi'ar meshes?

Jimaras8

Which files in the skin section do i need to convert for Gren's LIlandra_Neramani mesh. As you figured out the mesh appears pink and game. Also the shi'ar_guard_ royal_guard ans soldier meshes have pink heads and when they are moving a ghost effect is caused (i don't know how much better to describe it). Any help? Shi'ar royal guard is created by gni and the other two by style, if it helps.

spydermann93

First, convert all skin files to .dds (I do this for every mesh that I download)

Second, apply the ghosting fix with this tool: http://frp.unlimited2.net/?s=ghosting+fix

Jimaras8

Spyder do you have any easy and light programm to convert the tga?

spydermann93

I use Paint.NET to convert all of my files.

A8R8G8B8 is the format of .dds that I convert my files to.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Jimaras8 on October 13, 2014, 10:08:09 AM
Any Vulcan (Gabriel Summers) meshes out there? Also i have Shi'ar royal guard, soldier and guard. Are there any other Shi'ar meshes?

I believe that Afghan Ant has a Skin for him.

http://freedomforceuniverse.com/marvel-comics.html

I think it's in the "Deadly Genesis X-Men" Pack.

Quote from: spydermann93 on October 16, 2014, 06:26:46 PM
I use Paint.NET to convert all of my files.

A8R8G8B8 is the format of .dds that I convert my files to.

Make sure that you use the settings that Spyder posted, otherwise, your CTool2 and FFvt3R game will most likely crash.

Jimaras8

Thx for the suggestions CB. Guys, i actually found a programm called dds converter which is very light and simple. It serves only the purpose of converting the files from image types to dds but that's all i need frankly. It really plays out like nif converter, check out if you want

detourne_me

Just a word of warning for using DDS Convertor 2 (if it's that program)

Many skinners chose to cut down on file size by making 1x1 or 2x2 pixel refl or glow files (because they are solid black). These won't convert well because all source files for DDS must be at least 4x4 and in multiples of 4. The issue with this program is that it makes empty DDS files if a source doesn't convert well.
So in order to fix this, I suggest you search through your converted files and delete any 0kb DDS files. Those will definitely cause pink issues.

hoss20

Quote from: detourne_me on October 17, 2014, 05:48:33 AM
Just a word of warning for using DDS Convertor 2 (if it's that program)

Many skinners chose to cut down on file size by making 1x1 or 2x2 pixel refl or glow files (because they are solid black). These won't convert well because all source files for DDS must be at least 4x4 and in multiples of 4. The issue with this program is that it makes empty DDS files if a source doesn't convert well.
So in order to fix this, I suggest you search through your converted files and delete any 0kb DDS files. Those will definitely cause pink issues.

Thanks for mentioning this, DM. I came across this while helping CrimsonQuill out with his Captain America First Avenger skope. I was wondering how those 0 byte files had been created.

Jimaras8

Dm, i think the programm is called dds converter 1.4. I don't think it's the same , however if i see any 0 kb dds i will delete them. I also have one of the biggest problems i have encountred over the years. It entails the transfer of my files from one computer to another. Although i copy the exact same folders fromt he custom data, the exact hero files from my application data folder with the ai and the dats, i notice that meshes aren't converted on the other computer as they should be, the keyframes that i have changed adding animations remain the same and more importantly the ffx control centre settings aren't saved. For example fury has private army of 4 shield agents and on my second pc although i have transfered all the files he has 4 cops. Same goes with symbiote settings, summoner etc. It has to be noted that i usually merge the fx,sound,powers dats and not the characters one since i haven't branded my custom into the game although they are branded in the ffx cc. Sorry for the long post, but this problem happens every time.

detourne_me

you would also need to transfer over the ffxcustom.py and ffxcustom2.py files in order to keep those settings from ffx control center.  i may be mistaken, but i think they are kept in the missions>scripts folder.

ph, and good looking out Hoss,  for the longest time i was wondering why i had pink textures until i figured that out.
mow whenever i get on an FF kick, i usually end up reassigning all texture files to dds in nifskope, and then converting them manually with photoshop.

Jimaras8

You are right dm they are in the scripts folder. I remember it cause i was messing with the ffxmulti. However the keyframes problem remains. Almost all of my new hero files have one or two additional animations and it will be really tiresome to go through 30 or so hero files in my second pc and edit the kfs again... So if anyone has an idea on that it would more than welcome.