Issue 57: FX recolouring

Started by Jimaras8, October 22, 2013, 01:13:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimaras8

Unfortunately, i'm not able to take a screenshot of the glowing problem. CB is it possible for you to convert LP's siryn skope to dds and send it my way? I would greatly appreciate it.

Jimaras8

As always, very grateful CB. I will have to find a way to deal with this issue since it happens to most LP's skopes when i try to turn the tga to dds.

Cyber Burn

It's actually a simple fix, really. Just check the dimensions of the DDS Files, usually it's just the Refl and Glow, and make sure that they are both multiples of 4. I usually try to use 64x64. Then, to avoid any further issues, make sure that those files are also solid black, and then you should be good to go.

Jimaras8

Is there something missing regarding vanguard's fx for his hammer and sickle throw? I noticed there is only the core.nif and when i view the fx in-game the FX seems incomplete. The hammer doesn't have an impact fx since there is no end.nif and the sickle appears and disappears instantly.

Cyber Burn

You may just need to add an End.nif to each of the FX's Folders, one to the Hammer, and one to the Sickle.

Jimaras8

There is no end.nif though. Where can i find it? I don't know how to create it. The original folder has the tga files and only two nifs, two core ones.

daglob

In the past there have been people who discussed swapping beginning, core, and end .nifs; you might just take an end .nif and drop in there. Maybe like the FX that has a "THUD" at the end for the hammer and the one that goes "SHHHHHHHRK" for the scythe.

You probably should look up the original thread before you try something.

Cyber Burn

Basically, you don't actually have to "create" a new End.nif, all you need to do is find one you like, copy it, and paste it into the folder with the Core.nif. If you decide you don't like the way it looks together, just replace the End.nif with another one and try again. No harm was done.

Jimaras8

I know what you are talking abbout CB, i have done it numerous times with fx that are imported from   :ff: and have delays in their end.nifs. It's just that the sickle fx is more problematic. I appears only for one second and then vanishes.  Could you or daglob download the fx and see for yourself what i mean since English isn't my first language? The fx are included in th vangard_gren mesh in the grenadier section of LP's site.

Edit: Sorry for the double request guys but has any of you renegade's red_guardian mesh? I need for the murs47 skin.

Jimaras8

Jimaras8

Just today i noticed a problem that i should have spotted a long time ago. As some of you may know i have made an usa major hero file that involves the shapeshifter attribute along with a bear form. When i play with him the ssecond form works fine but just today i thought about playing against him.

What i discovered is that he doesn't transform. The AI probably doesn't give him the command to use the shapeshifter attribute. Here how he looks in m25aidata:

Human form:
['ursa major',
   ['target enemy',
      'weakness_melee_crushing',
      'not blind',
      'weakness_ranged_fire',
   ],
   ["timer", 'auto',
      'TUseRemedy()',
      "TFleeMelee(mindist='medium',movetype='move',time=0.88)",
      'TFleeMelee(type="any",subtype="emitting_damage",time=0.88)',
      "TRally('ursa_major the motherland cal',type='friend',time=2.15)",
      "TRangedExplosive('ursa_major m67 grenade',time=1.91)",
      "TRangedExplosive('ursa_major smoke grenade',time=1.91)",
      "TMelee('ursa_major soviet onslaught',time=1.95)",
      'TShapeShift()',
      "TMelee('ursa_major russian strike',time=1.4)",
      'TMoveTo(mindist=\'long\' ,subtype="not emitting_damage",time=0.88)',

Bear form:
['ursa bear',
   ['target enemy',
      'weakness_melee_piercing',
      'not panicked',
      'not flying',
   ],
   ["timer", 'auto',
      'TUseRemedy()',
      'TFleeMelee(type="any",subtype="emitting_damage",time=0.72)',
      "TSpeedingBullet('ursa_bear grizzly charge',time=0.72)",
      "TMeleeArea('ursa_bear vicious mauling',time=1.55)",
      "TArea('ursa_bear grizzly roar',time=2.39)",
      "TMelee('ursa_bear soviet jaws',time=1.2)",
      "TMelee('ursa_bear kamchatka squash',time=2.2)",
      "TMelee('ursa_bear bear hug',time=1.19)",
      'TShapeShift()',
      "TMelee('ursa_bear bear mark',time=1.4)",
      'TThrow(pickup_time=3.04,throw_time=2.63)',
      'TMoveTo(mindist=\'short\',time=0.72,subtype=["not emitting_damage","flying"])',
      'TMoveTo(mindist="melee",subtype=["not emitting_damage","not flying"],time=0.72)',

detourne_me

For a character like Ursa Major I would actually go a different route than shapeshifter. Id give the human form tye Accidental Change attribute set to enraged for the trigger. Then give him the special power that enrages him to manually trigger the change. You could also give him the berserk attribute so he changes with random damage, too.
I believe with the accidental change attribute you can set a condition for him to revert, too. L>ke after 1 minute or after he gets stunned.

Jimaras8

It's a great suggestion dm but i don't think it fits my case. The character is already branded and added to the dat so messing with the attributes will be a little pain. Moreover, the version i have in my head is that Ursus has been trained since childhood to be a Soviet Super Soldier and has great control over his form, far more than Hulk or Werewolf by night for example. So rage isn't really his trigger. Your idea is very interesting, though.

The only solution in my issue is for the AI to recognize and activate the shapeshifter attribute. I know for a fact it can be done since Ursa Major is added to the MA mod and Benton has already made it work with Snowbird. He has given her the shapeshifter attribute and when the AI controls her she instantly switches between wolf, human and bear forms.

BentonGrey

Howdy Jim, I wish I had some good advice for you, but I'm afraid I didn't do anything fancy with Snowbird.  I just generated her AI with the tool and didn't touch it, same for Absorbing Man and other Shape Shifters.  I've discovered that, though they do work, sometimes the AI chokes or makes weird choices.  You could just try moving the SS entry up near the top of the AI form.  That way it will be given more priority. 
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Jimaras8

Ugh, this is so frustrating. Every week i have another issue to solve. if it wasn't for my love for superheroes i would have given up long ago.

It doesn't make any sense Benton. I modeled ursa's transformation after your Snowbird. The same attribute. Shapeshifter and temporary form for the transformation. I generated the AI and put him in the game.  Yet, while snowbird transforms instantly, ursa remains stubbornly human. This is getting quite frustrating.

BentonGrey

If I had to guess, it might have something to do with Ursa's human form having more powers than Snowbird.  I definitely recommend moving the shapeshifter entry higher up the AI list.  It's at least something to try.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

Jimaras8

I already did it. It looks like that:
['ursa major',
   ['target enemy',
      'weakness_melee_crushing',
      'not blind',
      'weakness_ranged_fire',
   ],
   ["timer", 'auto',
      'TUseRemedy()',
      "TFleeMelee(mindist='medium',movetype='move',time=0.88)",
      'TFleeMelee(type="any",subtype="emitting_damage",time=0.88)',
                'TShapeShift()',
      "TRally('ursa_major the motherland cal',type='friend',time=2.15)",
      "TRangedExplosive('ursa_major m67 grenade',time=1.91)",
      "TRangedExplosive('ursa_major smoke grenade',time=1.91)",
      "TMelee('ursa_major soviet onslaught',time=1.95)",
      "TMelee('ursa_major russian strike',time=1.4)",
      'TMoveTo(mindist=\'long\' ,subtype="not emitting_damage",time=0.88)',
   ],
],

He still doesn't transform...

Edit: Don't be deceived by the placement of the line. In the file it's perfectly aligned with the other lines. It's the just the forum that acts funny.

BentonGrey

Hmm...something's off then.  Try rebranding and regenerating the AI, I'd say, but that's all I've got.  Ohh, if you've built him in, check what AI is listed on his character tab.  It's possible that is overriding the custom one.
God Bless

Jimaras8

Where is that character tab exactly? I might have a brainfreeze at this moment  :lol:. Also if the character is branded and in the dat is it wise to delete him? Don't i have to deleted every power, template and defense from the FFEdit as well?

BentonGrey

Jim, I'm referring to the character tab in FFEdit, 4th from the left.  And deleting them should be fine.  You don't necessarily need to delete all of their powers, and, in fact, if you're just going to delete the character/template, run the CC, and then re-add the character/template manually and rerun CC, you won't need to delete anything else.
God Bless

Jimaras8

Oh, you mean in FFEdit. I thought there was another character tab in the scripts folder with ais. My bad. I went to FFEdit and changed his ai from zerocost to cgenerichero like you have for snowbird benton. Still doesn't work. fair to say, this is getting really frustrating.

So my best bet is to delete the character, generate the ais again and then add him to the dat?

BentonGrey

Sorry Jim!  I don't know about best bet, but it's the only thing I can think to do.  I'd do delete, brand, add, brand, generate, but yes.

Ohh!  Did you delete his HF?  If not, that can cause conflicts.
God Bless

Jimaras8

His hero file isn't in the local folder if that's what you mean. I always save my hero files in a hdd but currently the only hero file of his is in the dat file

Jimaras8

So, it seems another problem has arisen  :banghead:, the same one i had with the character years ago. When i have both forms as custom files and try to connect them in the CC, the game crashes when i try to transform. The only way it works is if i brand them both, add them AND THEN after they ae added tot he dat i put ursa bear as Ursa major's temporary form. The outcome of this while i can use the character and make him transform in game like i did all this time, the ai doesn't give him the command to transform which brings us to me original problem.

Benton, it would be  TREMENDOUS help if you could walk me through your process with your snowbird since they are so similar, yet your works perfectly fine. So, you created the main snowbird form and gave her the SS attribute, correct? Then you created hero files for her secondary forms, right? After that do you remember going to the CC and putting the bear and wolf as her secondary forms BEFORE branding all files?

Jimaras8

Guys, i have a favor to ask. Could it be possible to send the hero files and the meshes to any of you and you can test it in your version? You are obviously much more experienced than i am and you can see the problem first hand.

BentonGrey

That's super weird, Jim.  I've never encountered that.  Sure, send me the HF and I'll take a look at it. 
God Bless

Jimaras8

If it's not too much trouble i can send them your way and you can try and add them Benton. I also stole some time and ran some scenarios with X-men in the RR and the textures worked ok. I haven't gone in the campaign yet, most of my energy is focused on e naughty man-bear  :D. Which textures in particular did you have problems with?

BentonGrey

Thanks Jim.  You can find my notes at the bottom of this post:
http://freedomreborn.net/forums/index.php?topic=55729.msg814673#msg814673

The mission in question is X-Men #6.

I'll try to give Ursa a look tomorrow.
God Bless