Issue 57: FX recolouring

Started by Jimaras8, October 22, 2013, 01:13:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimaras8

It's been a while guys, i was off for military duties and i'm back on sabbatical. I was wondering if any of you could tinker magma_ink a little so her default walk animation would be run like the rest of meshes and not fly. Magma doesn't even have a flying ability so it's definitely weird  :D. I can send you the mesh or you can download it from Ink's page on heroforce. I would really appreciate the helping hand and i hope you are all doing great  :thumbup:

Jimaras8

Hello gang. I'm back with a vengeance after military duties and i'm hungry for some good ol' character building. My latest attempt is MCU Ebony Maw and his cool tk powers. I was wonder if it was possible to create a cone fxx that doesn't have a visual fx attached much like the dummy_ffx that is for projectiles. My goal is to make a tk cone to represent Maw's powers.

Second is there any way t create a pulling power? I know there is the swap state option in the FFX CC but somehow it doesn't work. I have given Maw a decrease power that has a state swap for pull in the CC and the target isn't moving towards my character.

Those are the two issues i have. I'm looking forward to your feedback and thanks in advance  :D

spydermann93

Welcome back, Jim!

For the FX question, I'm not 100% sure. It might be possible. I typically just use the shockwave FX for my tk cones, though, so I've never really tested it.

For the pull question, make sure that the attack is a projectile, beam, or melee attack. Cones, explosive projectiles, area, and direct powers do not work with FFX custom attacks.

BentonGrey

Howdy Jim, and welcome back man!  I'm glad to see you and glad that you've come back ready to create more awesome stuff!  How was your service time?

As for your questions, other than what Spyder says, I don't have much to offer.  I think that the FX should be possible.  Honestly, if you just take a cone FX, hide it in nifskope, it should be invisible yet the game should still use it.

The pull and other state swaps can be a bit finicky.  In the DCUG at the moment, Atom I's swaps are working fine, while Mr. Terrific I's are not.  Go figure.  I have had some luck with adding custom entries in FFXCustom.py, even if I'm not tweaking anything.  And, of course, don't forget to brand (and make sure you don't have extra civilian templates when you do).
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

spydermann93

Quote from: BentonGrey on May 28, 2018, 08:40:55 PM
Howdy Jim, and welcome back man!  I'm glad to see you and glad that you've come back ready to create more awesome stuff!  How was your service time?

As for your questions, other than what Spyder says, I don't have much to offer.  I think that the FX should be possible.  Honestly, if you just take a cone FX, hide it in nifskope, it should be invisible yet the game should still use it.

The pull and other state swaps can be a bit finicky.  In the DCUG at the moment, Atom I's swaps are working fine, while Mr. Terrific I's are not.  Go figure.  I have had some luck with adding custom entries in FFXCustom.py, even if I'm not tweaking anything.  And, of course, don't forget to brand (and make sure you don't have extra civilian templates when you do).

You might want to check and make sure that Mr Terrific's FFX power swaps haven't been removed. If a swap isn't handled by the Control Centre, it might have been replaced in your ffxcustom.py

BentonGrey

Thanks for the tip, Spyder, but unfortunately I had already checked.  Everything seems hunky dory as far as I can see.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

Jimaras8

It's good to see you both again. Service time wasn't the best Benton but it had to be done so  :thumbup:. I don't know how to hide a cone fx in nifskope, i'm afraid i only use nifskope for kfs and maybe some weapon nodes from time to time.

Spyder, i think the key is that i used a direct power. I will switch to beam and see if the state swap works. is there a way to increase the distance in the pull?

BentonGrey

Well, thank you for your service, my friend!  We're glad you're back!

Alright, so it is super easy to hide stuff in Nifskope.  Just open up the mesh, and for an FX, you want the core.nif, then click on the think you want to hide, find where it is selected in the menu on the left, right click on it, choose "Flags" and check the box next to "hidden."  That's it.  The object should vanish.  If you need to unhide something, select the dropdown menu "Render" and choose "Show Hidden."  Then merely select the object again and uncheck the hidden box.
God Bless

Jimaras8

The cone works great and i figured out a way to do the pull power. is there any way to adjust the distance the target is getting pulled towards me?

BentonGrey

Great!  Hmm...I don't see any mention in the manual of that customization.
God Bless

Jimaras8

Spyder i know you are a savant of the ais and the overall coding of the game. Have you figured out a way to increase the distance of the pull state swap? It would really useful i think, like a reverse knockback power.

Jimaras8

Does anyone have the snowy map from the Marvel Adventures first X-men mission? The one where X-men fight Alpha Flight. I have he mediafire folder of the Fx Force but the map is probably under a different name. If anyone has it i would greatly appreciate it :thumbup:

BentonGrey

I'm positive it's a Cmdrkoening map, a DS map, and I feel like it was released under the name ds_snowy_rockies or something along that line.  I'm traveling and can't send it to Jim, but I hope someone out there has it.
God Bless

Jimaras8

I'm afraid there is no such map in the Fxforce mediafire folders Benton. The close is snowy_forest and snowy_forest_2 and they are completely different maps. In the ds_map section there neither snowy nor rockies. Are you positive you got the map from Fx Force?

BentonGrey

No, it wasn't in FX Force, come to think of it.  I think it was released later, so it was on FRP2.  I know the archive for those maps is around someplace....
God Bless

Deaths Jester

Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

Jimaras8

"503 Service Unavailable".

It seems the archive is down :banghead:. It really isn't my lucky week, isn't it? DJ, do yo happen to have that map in your disk?

Edit: I can see the maps but they are only images. There isn't any download button and the zip files aren't archived.

Jimaras8

I found the map, put him in the missions and area_specific folder respectively anddddd it still crashes. I have no idea why.

Jimaras8

If anyone  still has any idea over rockies, i would greatly appreciate it. Right now, i need to get the desert_fortress map to work. The message that pops up in the RR is this: "alert:N character template was found to generate action for turret_carrier". I assume i have to create a template in the FFEdit but i have no idea what.

BentonGrey

Howdy Jim, sorry about the continued map troubles!  I've got no idea why the Rockies map would be crashing still.  If you still haven't figured it out by the time I get home, I'll try to give it a look.

The desert one should be a bit easier.  You'll just need to open the map in FFEdit and delete any of those turrets on it through the list.  You don't even need to open the 3D editor.

You could also create a template for it, if you wanted.  If so, you SHOULD find that template in my MA mod, I think, though I'm not sure.
God Bless

detourne_me

I think the issue might be because the textures point to the wrong folder, or something like that. If I'm not mistaken, I think Cmdr. Koenig used his Canadian Winter Airfield map textures for the Rockies map. There may be some issues there.

Jimaras8

Benton i can see the turret_carrier template in the FFEdit in your MA mod. Do i have to copy it in the missions section or something? I would prefer the map to be complete  turrets and all. The thing is that when i load the second shield mission that has the desert_fortress i can see the turret_carrier in the mission.dat

Jimaras8

As my previous message said, i managed to make the desert fortress map work but i would really like it if i could add the turrets he already had. I had to delete them because the FFEdit couldn't find the character template even though i could clearly see in the templates section. How can i add them back to the map in FFEdit and make them work?

Jimaras8

Is there any way to add more contacts to ranged animations? Increase the number of projectiles fired from 3 to 4 etc?

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Jimaras8 on October 07, 2018, 12:19:31 PM
Is there any way to add more contacts to ranged animations? Increase the number of projectiles fired from 3 to 4 etc?

Sent you a PM.

Jimaras8

Thanks a lot cb,  I checkedbthe tutorialnbut something went wrong.  I followed the steps and the leave_hand keys didnt increase. Does the same process work for leave_hand as well as contacts?

Jimaras8

I followed the instructions abut the number of leave_hand instances didn't increase although i saw a leave_hand_4 in the Character Tool. In-game the number stayed at 3. A question i have is if the values for the leave_hand keys need to have a consistent difference between them? Do they have to be 0.4000 then 0.8000, then 1.2000 or do can they be random?

Cyber Burn

Unfortunately, Jim, it's been so long since I've messed with this, that I don't really remember how to do all of this.