Netflix is making Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, AND Jessica Jones shows!

Started by BWPS, November 07, 2013, 07:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarryTrotter

Quote from: Jimaras8 on April 11, 2015, 03:27:03 PM
Out of curiosity Spade which superhero show do you consider the best or even great?

I rather wouldnt,since then it would turn into pointless comparison and people dumping  on me cuz of this and that.
Lets just say I liked the show,its 8/10 to me.  ;)
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

JeyNyce

Quote from: Jimaras8 on April 11, 2015, 03:27:03 PM
Out of curiosity Spade which superhero show do you consider the best or even great?

I'm going off subject for one moment:
That's a loaded question.  I'm the type of person, who favorite show is the whatever playing this season, so for me it would be Agents of Shield, Flash, Arrow, etc.  Nice try Jimara8, LOL!
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

Jimaras8

You can both relax. I wasn't going to start a fight. I have no strength for that right now. I am just really suprised that the show is just ok for Spade. never mind, your call.

HarryTrotter

Like I said,im only 3 episodes in,so that was only my opinion on those episodes.
Okay,I will ask,why are you suprised? XD
Jon Farmer

Tomato

I'm about to start episode 8 (I have the day off, so I'm doing a lot of binge watching). I'm really enjoying it, and I gotta say, whoever's doing the audio editing and foley work is earning their collective paychecks with this series. There's a real focus on sound throughout the entire show that does a nice job of balancing an emphasis on sound, without overdoing it and making the meaning of the sounds too obvious. It really helps to build a stronger connection with Daredevil.

JeyNyce

Quote from: Jimaras8 on April 11, 2015, 05:45:46 PM
You can both relax. I wasn't going to start a fight. I have no strength for that right now. I am just really suprised that the show is just ok for Spade. never mind, your call.

I was just playing with you guys, It's been a great weekend for me so with DD on Netflix and a stack of comics by my side, that I have to catch up on. Weekend Win  :thumbup:

murs47

I binge watched a big chunk of this yesterday, and finished the final few episodes this morning. Pretty darn good. It's only flaw, IMO, is the Kingpin. Other than, great stuff. I'm very much looking forward to next season.

JeyNyce

I've only seen the first 4 episode and so far i think the Kingpin is spot on.  He's always cool and clam with everything except for Vanessa.  She was the only one who really knew him.

Thunder

I agree that Kingpin is spot on.  The actors really know their characters' motivations.  That is a rare treat in entertainment these days.

bat1987

Finally managed the watch the entire season. It's fantastic, the story, the characters, the actors, fight scenes. Everything was top notch work. Cox and D'Onofrio were the highlights for me. Bring on season 2! :thumbup:

kkhohoho

I've got up to Episode 5 and, I have to say, this has to be one of the best things to ever come out of the MCU. Sure, there's been other good stuff too but, the acting, the direction, the acting, the cinematography, the acting, the writing, the acting (there's some really darn good acting in this, in case you couldn't tell,) it's all just phenomenal. I feel like I'm watching a really long movie rather than just your average TV show. And yes, the actor playing the Kingpin does a bang-up job, though I can see why some people don't like his portrayal. The thing is, the Kingpin isn't the Kingpin yet. Most of the series' shows how Fisk becomes the Kingpin, much like how Matt becomes Daredevil, which further adds to the parallels the show makes between the two. And while there are a number of details that are different from the comics, what's important is the spirit of the thing, and this show gets it down pat. Here's hoping the remaining episodes live up what I've seen so far. Two thumbs up. :thumbup:
The Golden Age; 'A different look at a different era.'

http://archiveofourown.org/works/1089779/chapters/2193203

JeyNyce

I saw the rest of the series on Friday and it is good.  The whole cast was good and you'll the exact point when Fisk becomes the Kingpin.

I think this was an Easter Egg: 
Spoiler
The little boy that the Japanese had in cargo was an inhuman

Uncle Yuan

I watched the first three episodes last night, and I have to agree that this is a very well produced and well acted series.  I'm really looking forward to exploring the rest of the season and I think this portends great things for Heroes for Hire (or whatever they're going to call it).

I will count myself in the group who thinks Vincent D'Onofrio is an odd casting for Kingpin.  But at this point I've only seen him on screen for about 30 seconds and D'Onofrio is a good enough actor that I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt.  I will say that I've always pictured Kingpin as being tightly wound, always on the edge of exploding.  So far (but again, 30 seconds) he just seems repressed, even sedated.
"But there's no use crying over every mistake
You just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake
And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun
For the people who are still alive."

catwhowalksbyhimself

Let's just say the events of this series have a profound impact on both his goals and personality.  kkhohoho's right in that this is basically one big origin story for both the Kingpin and Daredevil.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Uncle Yuan

Then I will look forward to the development of the character.  As I said, the acting is top notch, especially the supporting cast.  Foggy, Karen, Jack are all outstanding, but Vondie Curtis-Hall (Ben Urich) is the one who's really grabbed my attention so far.  Can't wait to see what they do with him.
"But there's no use crying over every mistake
You just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake
And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun
For the people who are still alive."

Talavar

Yep, really enjoyed this series as well.  Another success for Marvel, and it's really got me excited for the rest of the Netflix series.  Bring on Jessica Jones!

JeyNyce

Does anybody know if she will have powers in the show or just be a detective?

Tomato

The show description says she's a former superhero, so... Probably?

Silver Shocker

So, I watched Daredevil, and I gotta say, it was pretty awesome.

D'onofrio was, when all is said and done, amazing as the Kingpin. At first I wasn't sure where they were going with his social awkward, OCD ticks, but in the end we got an incredibly intense and memorable performance that I find represents the character pretty well while leaving its own mark on him.

Spoiler
Bill Ulrich's death was genuinely shocking to me. I honestly thought they would have kept him on for the long haul, so I wasn't surprised to read that it was the results of executive meddling and/or rights issues.

Marvel Netflix seems to off to a cracking good start. At this rate they might actually give Arrow and Flash (the best shows on tv right now IMO, since that came up earlier in the thread) a run for their money. I say bring on Kristan Ritter and David Tennant!
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

HarryTrotter

I gotta say,the whole mafia angle was a bit unconvincing in the end.Russian mob(they have a Taxi company,sounds familiar?) is very small for an organisation that runs human trafficing.I mean just the logistics of something like that would mean that they stretch FEW countries,and are very CONNECTED.Here its 20-30 guys who are basicly bullied by Kingpin.Thats just unbelivable to me...
Jon Farmer

crimsonquill

MARVEL.com just confirmed that NETFLIX just ordered Season TWO of DAREDEVIL. So, Looks like we will be getting to see Kingpin return to power but probably after having to clean out Hell's Kitchen from all of the bad eggs that will try to fill the power vacuum during his time away.

- CQ
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

bat1987

Quote from: Silver Shocker on April 22, 2015, 05:38:26 AM
Spoiler
Bill Ulrich's death was genuinely shocking to me. I honestly thought they would have kept him on for the long haul, so I wasn't surprised to read that it was the results of executive meddling and/or rights issues.

Agreed,
Spoiler
it felt out of place and I honestly didn't expect it. Would have been a cool supporting character going forward for sure...

Silver Shocker

Spoiler
I feel it's a missed opportunity. Ulrich is very much an important cog in the Daredevil machine (he even made it into the Ben Affleck film). It would be like Lois Lane died in the origin story of Superman. I expect we'll see a replacement character of some kind in season 2 Ray Palmer style.

That being sad D'onofrio was amazing in that scene. From lamenting internet cat videos (lolz) to the genuinely terrifying violence he displayed when he lunged to kill Ulrich, it actually kinda makes the whole regrettable situation worth it.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

JeyNyce

Silver Shocker

~Rocky Balboa

spydermann93

Silver Shocker

Sounds great. Oddly, the link worked for me, but only AFTER I got my reply in the thread.
~Rocky Balboa

JeyNyce

HarryTrotter

"celebrated 2006 event Civil War" yeah,right...
Anyway,Im not suprised that Punisher will be introduced.Also Im not that excited,considering Daredevil.It would be cool if they get Thomas Jane for the role again.
Jon Farmer

bat1987

Not a huge Punisher fan tbh. Still gonna check it out, regardless.