Netflix is making Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, AND Jessica Jones shows!

Started by BWPS, November 07, 2013, 07:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crimsonquill

Quote from: Spade on June 12, 2014, 11:42:49 AM
^Whos playing Kingpin?You could have posted a pic or a link?

*sigh* Okay, Time for a Vincent D'Onofrio crash course...

First up, he played the role of the construction worker mistaken as Thor in ADVENTURES IN BABYSITTING: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rnTpR4M1ZI (yes, it technically makes him the first official person identified as Mighty Thor on screen).

Then he played his most known role.. Private "Gomer Pyle" Lawrence in FULL METAL JACKET: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAZI4ydY6R8

And then he played Edger The Alien Bug in MEN IN BLACK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzMDGYKLSzk

Finally, Vincent spent several years playing Detective Robert "Bobby" Goren on LAW & ORDER: CRIMINAL INTENT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hog1HqHL_a8

Now why does he fit Kingpin? First of all... He is naturally 6'4" in height and fairly big in body mass (muscular and often overweight for certain roles). Not counting the above roles he is known for... he is a Broadway actor and very accomplished in drama and comedy.

Note: Let this sink in.. Vincent has the the same height and muscle mass that Michael Clarke Duncan did.. and Mikey added 40 lbs of fat on top of that when he played Kingpin in the Daredevil movie.

- CQ
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

Talavar

Quote from: Spade on June 12, 2014, 11:04:38 AM
^And to conclude you think these miniseries will work towards Defenders?
BTW why does everything EVER has to happen in New York?

That's just Marvel comics.  New York has a billion superheroes, the rest of the world has about 10.  The movies have been better about that, with Iron Man at first based out of California, but either way, if I lived in the Marvel universe, I don't think I'd want to live in New York city.

HarryTrotter

^Seriously?With daily alien invasions and supervillan attacks?
I would go for...no heroes in Tuckson right? :)
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Spade on June 12, 2014, 11:04:38 AM
^And to conclude you think these miniseries will work towards Defenders?
BTW why does everything EVER has to happen in New York?

Not think, it's been official announced.  Four individual 13 episode mini series, then a 13 episode Defenders mini series.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Podmark

New York is used so much mostly because it increases story potential. Everyone's there so it's easy access to other characters. Everytime I read a book set elsewhere there's usually a feeling of isolation to it. Sometimes that's good, sometimes not.

Looked up some pics of Vincent D'Onofrio, I wasn't really familiar with him outside MIB and that was a long time. Based on appearance I could really see him working as Kingpin! I really hope he's good, he's a key piece in my mind.

What Marvel is doing with these Netflix shows seems promising. Comics lend themselves better to serialized format anyway, and hopefully Netflix will lead to a higher quality than is possible on a normal network TV format.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Shogunn2517

That and the contract IS with the city of New York as well.

HarryTrotter

I like that Netflix releses whole shows at once sometimes,so you can binge watch it.
Jon Farmer

BWPS

Me too! I've been loving Orange is the New Black.  Only thing I don't like about it is its hard to talk about with people whoop are ahead of you.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

HarryTrotter

Jon Farmer

JeyNyce

I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

Jimaras8

Rosario Dawson joins Daredevil!!! Very good actress and i have to say it she is incredibly hot (that makes no difference in the series but i had to mention it)

HarryTrotter

Vincent D'onofrio doesnt look much like Kingpin.He reminds me more on Tombstone from Spectacular Spiderman.
Jon Farmer

crimsonquill

Quote from: Spade on June 21, 2014, 05:02:00 AM
Vincent D'onofrio doesnt look much like Kingpin.He reminds me more on Tombstone from Spectacular Spiderman.

Tombstone is just another crime boss in New York's underground, he just happens to be an albino with super hard skin and sharpens his teeth. Kingpin as he is typically drawn in the comics is that of a sumo Wrestler in a Business Suit with a Diamondhead Cane, not many actors who are willing to put on sumo wrestler weight just to play a character for half of a year. So we usually end up with the very tall, muscular, and extra weight in the gut version.

- CQ
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

HarryTrotter

Jon Farmer

Cyber Burn

I've been staying quiet since I don't have Netflix, but as a huge fan of older episodes of "Law and Order: Criminal Intent", I have to say that Vincent D'Onofrio would portray the Kingpin very well, bringing an excellent sense of strength to the character.

Spade, it's more about presentation than the physical appearance of the actor that will matter in the long run.

Starman

There aren't any actors who look like the classic comic book Kingpin ... the character has an appearance that is so huge and stylised its impossible to replicate without it looking super fake.

Vincent D'onofrio, who is quite big and heavy anyway, with a bald head and a nice suit would nail it.

I'm guessing Rosario Dawson is playing Night Nurse?

Jimaras8

Quote from: Cyber Burn on June 21, 2014, 06:59:32 AM
I've been staying quiet since I don't have Netflix, but as a huge fan of older episodes of "Law and Order: Criminal Intent", I have to say that Vincent D'Onofrio would portray the Kingpin very well, bringing an excellent sense of strength to the character.

Spade, it's more about presentation than the physical appearance of the actor that will matter in the long run.

Spade i love how eager you are to tear every Marvel movie or actor for extremely abnoxious reasons yet you are perfectly fine with every DC decision. I think this is called bias.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Spade on June 21, 2014, 06:33:22 AM
I know how Kinpin look like,thank you.

As others have stated, he looks like no human being ever.  Okay, there have been very, very few of his size, but they are so heavy they can barely move, let alone act.  Sorry, but any live action portrayal of the Kingpin won't look nearly as large as his comic book counterpart.  Deal with it.

HarryTrotter

Guys,guys just chill.I just said he reminds me more on Tombstones version.Which is OK.
About being ok with everything DC does IM NOT.For example MoS was too dark for a superman movie imo.
Jon Farmer

bat1987

HarryTrotter

Jon Farmer

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: bat1987 on June 21, 2014, 06:36:38 PM
After a bit of googling

Ya he's gonna be awesome.

Yes, based solely on appearances, he will do very nicely.  Since I hear he's also a fine actor, we have a very good thing there.

Podmark

Quote from: Spade on June 21, 2014, 06:47:09 PM
^Doesnt he remind you of Uncle Phil? XD

He does actually  :lol:

Bat I saw the same pic a while back it sold me on him too. Have to wait and see of course.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

laughing paradox

I see Rosario Dawson playing White Tiger.

Or even better, Typhoid Mary.

detourne_me

Ok.... First guesses of her playing Echo seemed weird to me.   I could see them wanting her for White Tiger. With the recent exposure from ultimate spidey cartoon and mighty avenger series, Marvel may want to make White Tiger a more prominent hero.

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Talavar

I hope she's not playing Elektra, just because of the rehash of the previous film.  White Tiger would be cool.

XStream

I'm hoping for White Tiger as well. I think it could be a cool costume.

Of course I am one of the few people who actually enjoyed the first season of Ultimate Spider-Man.... Come on, after you get past the whole "But this replaced Spectacular Spider-Man!" thing it was an enjoyable toon...
I am not, nor have I ever been a Rude Naked Hero!

JeyNyce

Am I missing something here?  Why does everybody thinks that she will be playing as a costume hero?  I thought she may be his love interest or "sidekick".  Anyway, she being label as a possible "Night Nurse" if anybody remembers that character.
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!