News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Mesh Question

Started by Cyber Burn, December 02, 2013, 02:47:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyber Burn

Hi all, I wasn't sure where to put this, so if this post belongs elsewhere, please feel free to move it.

I was messing with a skope and noticed a node called "NiAmbientLight". I've seen it on some meshes, and absent on others. I was just curious as to what purpose this node served. If anyone could point me in the right direction of an answer, I would appreciate it. I just wasn't sure if this node needed to be copied to a skope that I was working on.

Tomato

I don't think it's necessarily needed... at best, it serves to light up the mesh just a bit, but you can modify the mesh to be a bit lfighter if needed.

AfghanAnt

Cyber Burn

Thanks guys.

'Mato: Thanks for the reply, I was going to use the "Deadpool_Muscular" mesh for one of my Atlantean skopes, but noticed that the "NiAmbientLight" wasn't there, and wasn't sure what it was or what it was used for, or if I needed to copy one from another mesh. Don't know why I never noticed it missing on that mesh considering how many times I've skoped it, but as long as I know that it's not really "Needed", then I'm good.

AA: Thank you sir, it's part of a group of Atlantean Soldiers that I'm skoping that was requested by Spydermann, that most excellent skin previewed is by Daglob.

vorelliwiseau

Aah, so that's the Atlantean soldier you were talking about.

I gotta say, nice work, Cyber! Can't wait to tag him/them up with Aquaman.

spydermann93

Quote from: vorelliwiseau on December 04, 2013, 08:28:44 AM
Aah, so that's the Atlantean soldier you were talking about.

I gotta say, nice work, Cyber! Can't wait to tag him/them up with Aquaman.

Actually, they are supposed to be modeled after Marvel's Atlanteans as they were missing representation. :ph34r:

And boy, do they look beautiful!

vorelliwiseau

Oh, the Namor Atlanteans! Sorry 'bout that.

I wish someone'd do DC Aquaman soldiers, though. Mooks don't get as much love as they should. 

Tomato

With Benton running around making mods, I'd be shocked if someone HASN'T. Try looking up his DC mod, I know there's a mission with Aquaman and other Atlanteans.

Cyber Burn

Benton has a couple in his DC Mod, but they are meant for water scenarios since they have the swimmers keyframes. The ones I skoped, are meant for land battles. Currently, I have two skopes completely finished, almost finished with the third (I'm not quite happy with the end result, so I want to make some changes), and partially done with the fourth and final one, and Daglob has already started working on skinning the two completed ones.

spydermann93

Quote from: vorelliwiseau on December 04, 2013, 09:52:05 AM
Oh, the Namor Atlanteans! Sorry 'bout that.

I wish someone'd do DC Aquaman soldiers, though. Mooks don't get as much love as they should.

The Atlanteans in Benton's DCUG mod are amazing, if you haven't seen them yet.  Like Cyber said, they possess swimming animations, but they could easily be skoped onto something land-based.

And I agree about the mooks not getting love.  We need cannon fodder.  Cannon fodder makes the world go round :P (luckily, Cyber has provided us with quite a variety of minions, already)

daglob

I thought they were DC Atlanteans. The blue skin there is a placeholder I used just for fun (and might use it myself, again just for fun).

vorelliwiseau

Neat, guys! Lemme check Benton's mod out, see how it goes.

BentonGrey

Yep, either Unko or KSsaints (I think, can't check at the moment, as I'm at work)) did my Atlantians, and they are awesome!  They can easily be skoped to land keys, which would actually make them even more awesome, since they could do more with their weapons.  I thought the designs for them were really excellent.

I love this skope, CB!  Marvel's Atlantians definitely need some love!  And yeah, mooks in general are necessary, especially for modders!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/